+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 226 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071727374114164 ... LastLast
Like Tree312Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

Re: The Duggar Family

I love how they are all helping out the Bates get a bigger house. Everyone is involved. And I loved how the one daughter (not sure of the name, but it starts with a J!) was cutting and laying tile.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

That would be Jana, and yes, I loved how she was kind of the head of the tile-laying project, behind the saw and everything. Even though the men are the ones who do most of the hauling and the girls are doing most of the painting and such, I like how they have the kids trained on how to do everything. Perhaps Jana could have a future calling!

Next week they are showing the conclusion of the build, with a lot of people in the area and family friends coming out to help with the build. It's going to triple their living space, give them more washrooms, and have room for more bedrooms. That's what I like about families like these is their generosity-the Duggars can more easily pack all the kids up in the bus and go for the two-week building projects, or do mission trips, because of the homeschooling. I figure Grandma is at home taking care of the animals (I've seen some dogs). It was also funny to see Josh trying to get Anna to do her exercises.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

The generosity is great, but I'm sorry, why are the Bates having that many children when they obviously can't house them on their own? How long have they been living with one bathroom and yet they keep having children over & over. There's something about Mr. Bates that screams control freak to me, and Mrs. Bates seems so 19th century housewife/slave.

I think that they are trying to show the Bates in a nicer, friendlier way since they have seemed even more extreme than the Duggars-but I'm not really buying it. We have to remember that before the Duggars started filming on their documentary specials-and right up through 2005 (they had Josh's 18th birthday profiled in their road trip episode, and he's 2 months older than I am), they lived in a 3-bedroom house. I thought they actually said that the original (Bates) house had 3 washrooms, but because of the construction they had only one. (the others were being retiled, painted, and generally fixed up) They're not trying to have a house as big as say, the Duggar compound (I believe it is over 8000 square feet) but still, 3000 is nothing to sneeze at. Back to the Bates though-I'm glad we haven't seen those ugly Western dresses anymore. I understand that their style is the whole Western style (as evidenced by Nathan and his shirt and cowboy hat) but the dresses? Ugly.

And I seriously think that Michelle is trying to dress like her daughers-she's wearing the similar polo shirt with modesty panel, she's doing her hair the same (which is way better), and she's even wearing the same necklace.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Quote Originally Posted by Trista;3639747;
    It was also funny to see Josh trying to get Anna to do her exercises.
    They seem so young!

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3640703;
    The generosity is great, but I'm sorry, why are the Bates having that many children when they obviously can't house them on their own? How long have they been living with one bathroom and yet they keep having children over & over. There's something about Mr. Bates that screams control freak to me, and Mrs. Bates seems so 19th century housewife/slave.
    I have to say, don't know them well enough, but I would rather be married to Jim Bob.

FORT Fanatic

Who is running the used car business for the Duggars while they are away? They should have rented a couple porta-potties during construction with all those people. As far as taking a shower, do they just have the kids run through the sprinkler or something instead of taking a bath or shower? How can one bathroom accommodate all those people? It boggles the mind.

I think one of the kids said the bathroom on the bus was broken - or maybe it just needed to be emptied.

Some - but not all - of the workers were wearing safety glasses. Accidents happen; be safe.

We have become so accustomed to more than 1 bathroom in a home. When I was growing up the youngest of 6 we had 1 bathroom to accomodate all 8. I remember having to run up the stairs quickly at times to "make it". I do not remember any homes in my neighborhood that had more than 1 bathroom and the all the families were large. It was just what we had to work with and did not see a problem. I have 2 bathrooms in my 2 bedroom townhouse and wonder how I would be able to handle just one. Seriously, I would have to walk up the stairs to get to a 2nd one.
    There's no place like home!

The Bates house had three bathrooms before the Duggars and Wilsons showed up. With the re-tiling etc. that put two of the bathrooms out of commission. The bus is missing a part, so that has to be replaced before they can empty the septic tank.
    So live that anyone speaking ill of you is branded a liar

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

What I like about the Duggar's is that they do not have an attitude of deserving fame and being pampered, they are still looking outside of themselves to help others. I would venture to say that Jim Bob may have worked a deal to get TLC to compensate the Bate's family for filming there, and that is helping fund the project. The Duggar's are not all about themselves. And, with that many people in their family, I think it would be easy to be focused on just getting through everyday lives..

I also still think there is a Duggar/Bates wedding in the future. The older kids are certainly getting to spend a lot of time getting to know each other. I really look forward to more Duggar weddings!

+ Reply to Thread