+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 214 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970110160 ... LastLast
Like Tree242Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

Re: The Duggar Family

Reproducing is the relatively easy part... having your children grow into productive (no pun intended) citizens who make a positive impact on the world, that shows her REAL skills.
    Love is blind; friendship closes its eyes.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by coltnlasma;3572649;
    Reproducing is the relatively easy part... having your children grow into productive (no pun intended) citizens who make a positive impact on the world, that shows her REAL skills.
    And, I think that is exactly what will happen. The kids are smart, articulate, and mature. They seem like they are well on their way to being good citizens.

Also, Michelle has a lot to offer, aside from bearing children. She will have taught 18 children to read & write, and managed their education. She would be a great teacher. She has the patience of a saint.

I'm not so sure I'm pro-Duggar. Although they do seem like decent folk, I find it unfair and strange that she keeps having kids and that her kids have to raise their younger siblings along with doing most of the housework. I don't think that is fair for them to have to work so hard. I'm not saying kids shouldn't be taught responsibility, but not for your siblings whom your parents chose to keep on having ... I don't know. They are probably going to grow up to be good people because the Duggars are good people.

I would maybe like to see one or two of them break loose and rebel. Lol, nothing harmful you understand, just maybe choose something outside what their parents might approve of.

Oh another thing that sort of bugs me is that they don't seem to encourage higher education for their children. I think they should. I know they like to live debt free, but it's up to those kids once they aren't underage anymore to decide if they want to get loans to go to school. I think some of the money they make from the show should also be used for them to further their educations should they so desire. I wish I thought the parents encouraged this strongly.

Other than that I have few issues with them; their religion does not really concern me although it isn't mine. I am not sure I agree with the filming of their smaller kids, though.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax;3589389;
    I would maybe like to see one or two of them break loose and rebel. Lol, nothing harmful you understand, just maybe choose something outside what their parents might approve of.
    Break loose and rebel as in one of the girls wear pants and maybe one of the boys wear a "blue shirt" on "red shirt" day.

I would have to imagine that with that many kids harmless pranks have to take place, just not on camera!

Totally agree.

I mean statistically, one of their children has to be non-heterosexual. JUst has to be with all the children they have, or at least multi-sexual, lol. Unfortunately, it more than likely will be repressed as a "bad thoughts".

I just would like to see the parents let their children CHOOSE to follow the path of the parents or to find their own path. But then, thats a pipe dream.

And as far as college....Im sure they don't think too highly of the "secular" college world, so why bother encouraging that to their children? The men are meant to be the bread-winners and the girls are meant to be baby machines. Its a rather simplistic world, so there is no 'real' need for higher education, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax;3589389;

Oh another thing that sort of bugs me is that they don't seem to encourage higher education for their children. I think they should. I know they like to live debt free, but it's up to those kids once they aren't underage anymore to decide if they want to get loans to go to school. I think some of the money they make from the show should also be used for them to further their educations should they so desire. I wish I thought the parents encouraged this strongly.

Other than that I have few issues with them; their religion does not really concern me although it isn't mine. I am not sure I agree with the filming of their smaller kids, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ownlyanangel20;3594354;
    Totally agree.

I mean statistically, one of their children has to be non-heterosexual. JUst has to be with all the children they have, or at least multi-sexual, lol. Unfortunately, it more than likely will be repressed as a "bad thoughts".

I just would like to see the parents let their children CHOOSE to follow the path of the parents or to find their own path. But then, thats a pipe dream.

And as far as college....Im sure they don't think too highly of the "secular" college world, so why bother encouraging that to their children? The men are meant to be the bread-winners and the girls are meant to be baby machines. Its a rather simplistic world, so there is no 'real' need for higher education, unfortunately.
    I hear you. I think it's sad ... very sad.

FORT Fogey

I don't watch this show very often, but I do check in from time to time. From what I see, I really, really, REALLY, like the family, and the parents are doing such a nice job of raising the kids.

I have a hard time with the female subserviance (& long hair and dresses) and that is why I can't totally get behind them. Otherwise, what an awesome family!

I have to agree with the dresses, though apparently the do let the little ones wear pants while toddlers. I've seen Johanna & Jennifer in pants recently.

JimBob is the one who says he likes long hair on females. I'm not so sure that's a Quiverful or religious criteria. Obviously Michelle wears it because of that, and the girls want to please daddy probably. Or it could be they like their long hair. It is pretty.

So the hair bit is no big deal as far as I'm concerned, but I have to agree there are major safety issues with the long dresses & traipsing over the little boys. Nothing wrong with wearing dresses to church or on a drive, but when picking diamonds out of the mud or going off-roading, or heck even learning to drive, pants are safer.

Pants on women is a pretty modern invention. Women rode horses, played in mud, dug in gardens, operated machinery of all sorts, learned to drive and so forth for many generations wearing dresses and some women still do today by choice. As long as they have some underwear on so the world doesn't see all their stuff I could care less what those kids wear especially after working at a day care and seeing the absolutely over priced, ridiculous outfits that parents in the mainstream put their kids in on a daily basis.

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3597749;
    JimBob is the one who says he likes long hair on females. I'm not so sure that's a Quiverful or religious criteria. Obviously Michelle wears it because of that, and the girls want to please daddy probably. Or it could be they like their long hair. It is pretty.

So the hair bit is no big deal as far as I'm concerned, but I have to agree there are major safety issues with the long dresses & traipsing over the little boys. Nothing wrong with wearing dresses to church or on a drive, but when picking diamonds out of the mud or going off-roading, or heck even learning to drive, pants are safer.
    My friends 16 year old daughter, who oddly enough looks like Jinger, was complaining that she had cut her hair to short recently. Her hair is past her shoulders. I see plenty of teen girls with long hair, so I don't find it too odd. On Michelle, it looks outdated.

Were I work we have a Duggar like family that comes in, skirts, long hair, homeschooled. I was surprised when the mother came in with her hair, that had been REALLY long, cut shoulder length and curled.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread