+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 260 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast
Like Tree494Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

Re: The Duggar Family

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3225317;
    westboro baptist church ... a bunch of whackos that are not affiliated with any mainstream denomination (even though they call themselves baptist). i think 90% of their 'church' is their own family.

they even protest funerals of service men and women, too ... can you believe it?
    I was just going to say that, as well. It's one thing to protest something you don't believe in, but another to protest the funeral of a serviceman or woman who died while serving their country.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

thankfully, the duggars aren't that extreme.
    having a very religious background, i watch these shows through a different set of eyes than if i had no religous training at all. i have to admit, i tend to be a little more critical of what i see as hypocricy (as in jon minus 9 LOL), but i haven't gotten that impression from the duggars yet. some of their beliefs about dating are a bit old fashioned for my tastes, but if it works for them, who am i to say they shouldn't?

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3225317;
    westboro baptist church ... a bunch of whackos that are not affiliated with any mainstream denomination (even though they call themselves baptist). i think 90% of their 'church' is their own family.

they even protest funerals of service men and women, too ... can you believe it?
    They are not Westboro Baptist are they? I don't use the type of language they use to say who they thing God hates.

yes, westboro baptist church is the group that has the godhatesfags website. that's why i said even though they call themselves baptist, they are not affiliated with any denomination, much less the "real" baptists.

If they belong to westboro then I will not watch. Period.

nooooooo, the duggers are not associated with westboro!!! that was just a subject brought into the discussion because someone saw them and couldn't believe what they were seeing.

again, the duggers are NOT associated with westboro ... so maybe we should drop the westboro discussion to keep from getting confused. hehehehe

Good point, barefootdyke, and thank you for reminding us to keep it On Topic.

You know, somehow I'd think that if one of the Duggar children were to state they were gay, I don't think the family would condemn them. They just seem to exhude too much love for everyone and everything.

I started watching this show and really wanted to dislike the family, but they seem like a really good group. I may not agree with all their parenting rules, but to each his own. I really enjoy this show and I'm glad to see that they are a lot more "normal" than I previously though.

I applaud their moralistic teachings and values that they've given their children. The children are all learning that nothing is yours by right, that you have to earn what you have. If our children practiced a bit more of the abstinence before marriage.teachings that the Duggar children practice, then we'd all be a lot better off. Of course, the parents might want to start practicing a bit of abstinence themselves.

Thanks, barefootdyke. I admit getting confused when thetopicthatshallnotbenamed (Yes, I did watch Harry Potter today) was brought up/

+ Reply to Thread