+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 236 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465105155 ... LastLast
Like Tree360Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

Re: The Duggar Family

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;3506697;
    I agree with the above poster. The girls were slaving away at child care as usual while the boys got to do fun stuff - or at least had the chance (one boy was too scared to climb the wall).

How on earth will the family manage if the older girls actually manage to get away and live independently at some point?
    But this is what they believe and how they are raised. Many religions and cultures that way. The women are the homemakers.... they raise the kids.... IT is sad, but I do think if one of the girls did something out of the ordinary, i.e., became a doctor or something, the Duggars would be very supportive. First am foremost they want to raise good people who are an asset to the world, not a hinderance.

That said, do you think Michelle Duggar would drink water in front of her thirsty kids mockingly?
    Last edited by libgirl2; 06-17-2009 at 10:30 AM.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

See I was only saying it was interesting because it was among the first times that it had really delved into that topic on the show. Considering how conservative the family is, they do a pretty good job of editing the show so as not to totally alienate viewers. I understand it's what they believe, it's just so completely contradictory to my own things. It did show them doing the orchestra and that kind of stuff though, so it does all come out looking a bit better in the end.

Michelle definitely would not withhold the water though.

I also think that Jim Bob and Michelle are preparing, in a way, for the older girls to get married within the next few years. Not Jinger, because she's only 16. Honestly, the only one who I could really see as doing something really independent is Jinger. I think Jana is so used to being like the second mommy (as she is the oldest of the girls) that she'll probably get married and start a family ASAP.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Quote Originally Posted by Trista;3506915;
    See I was only saying it was interesting because it was among the first times that it had really delved into that topic on the show. Considering how conservative the family is, they do a pretty good job of editing the show so as not to totally alienate viewers. I understand it's what they believe, it's just so completely contradictory to my own things. It did show them doing the orchestra and that kind of stuff though, so it does all come out looking a bit better in the end.

Michelle definitely would not withhold the water though.

I also think that Jim Bob and Michelle are preparing, in a way, for the older girls to get married within the next few years. Not Jinger, because she's only 16. Honestly, the only one who I could really see as doing something really independent is Jinger. I think Jana is so used to being like the second mommy (as she is the oldest of the girls) that she'll probably get married and start a family ASAP.
    Oh I agree, they are definitely hinting towards some future marriages.

And I could see Jinger doing something very different then the rest, but who knows.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

I'm surprised Jana hasn't gotten married yet actually..... I mean she is 19!!
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;3506697;
    I agree with the above poster. The girls were slaving away at child care as usual while the boys got to do fun stuff - or at least had the chance (one boy was too scared to climb the wall).

How on earth will the family manage if the older girls actually manage to get away and live independently at some point?

good grief, they aren't prisoners.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I would like to see the older girls get married and have lives of their own that do not involve taking care of their siblings. I have known a lot of these families that don't encourage the girls to leave because they need them for working, but I can't see Jim Bob and Michelle being those kind of parents. I guess we will see.....

I can totally see Jim Bob and Jichelle being those types of parents!

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3507556;
    I'm surprised Jana hasn't gotten married yet actually..... I mean she is 19!!
    And she's gorgeous I think.

I think the majority of the kids are good looking. That's a plus since there are 18 of them

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3508351;
    I think the majority of the kids are good looking. That's a plus since there are 18 of them

They are all really nice looking kids. And I think J&M would be thrilled for their daughters to get married and not look at it as "losing" help.

+ Reply to Thread