+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 226 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162102152 ... LastLast
Like Tree312Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

Re: The Duggar Family

Quote Originally Posted by psycobabe007;3469910;
    Oy! And the bill that must be!

My sister, mom, and I are going with a cousin to see the Duggar family here next week. I hope that some of my misconceptions can be erased with this family as I really do want to like them. They are definitely more grounded than the "other family" we all know on TLC.
    Where in Ohio are you? Where will they be? Make sure and report back!

Quote Originally Posted by karna68;3470005;
    Where in Ohio are you? Where will they be? Make sure and report back!
    FYI for anyone else, the Duggars will be in the Canton area (NE Ohio) on June 1st. You can get more info at the link here.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

From the episode where they went to the dentist, they said they take each child every six months, plus the appointments for fillings. They said that they only take a few at a time and therefore are in the dentist's office every other week. Did I get that right? That sounds like a nightmare to me!

I mean they are home-schooled, so it does make it easier...and a future episode has Jana and Jill getting their wisdom teeth out. Sure, it would be a nightmare but that's why they only do a few kids at a time.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Fort Member

Yesterday was the first time i had ever watched more than 2 minutes of the show and it was only because i was ironing and couldnt reach the remote to turn over. I never before realised that everyone was named with a J, now there are lots of names beginning with J so thats ok, but dont go changing names that start with G such as Ginger to Jinger just to keep with your theme. I know we are probably way behind in episodes but oldest son just got engaged to Anna (he couldnt find a Jane or Jenny?) and they are saving their first kiss until there wedding day and have to be chaperoned on every date. While i admire chasity and no sex until marriage the whole no kissing thing is too much, and the eagerness of the other kids to be chaperones is just creepy, no way would i have gone as a third wheel on a date with my brother just to make sure he didnt kiss, couldnt think of anything worse, except maybe getting to the altar on my wedding day and discovering my new husband is a horrible wet sloppy kisser. All jokes aside they do seem happy well adjusted and more likable than other families on TV but i am waiting for just one of those kids to rebel there has to be one

Why do the older Duggers, especially Michelle speak with that strange inflection in their voices?

Quote Originally Posted by ralar;3480719;
    Why do the older Duggers, especially Michelle speak with that strange inflection in their voices?
    maybe I haven't watched it enough to notice. The voices don't sound all that strange to me. are you sure you aren't talking about their southern accent? They are from Arkansas

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick;3481003;
    maybe I haven't watched it enough to notice. The voices don't sound all that strange to me. are you sure you aren't talking about their southern accent? They are from Arkansas
    No, not their accents. Michelle always sounds like she is speaking to a preschooler, even when she speaks to the camera.

Quote Originally Posted by ralar;3481214;
    No, not their accents. Michelle always sounds like she is speaking to a preschooler, even when she speaks to the camera.
    The kids don't speak that way. I think that is just her way of talking. With so many children she has a permanent "mommy" voice.

I liked the school visit. The girls are so gorgeous. They really have beautiful children.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ralar;3481214;
    I guess with 18 kids, that she also homeschools, she has the permanent "teacher" voice on!
    I remember the children's ministry leader at our church drove me absolutely crazy when she talked to me because she talked to me like I was 5 years old! Come on lady, get a "big person voice!"
    I like how sweet and gently Michelle talks to her children though. I can't see her yelling!

+ Reply to Thread