+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 232 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100150 ... LastLast
Like Tree345Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

Re: The Duggar Family

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3429838;
    I knew a couple that had the same beliefs as the Duggars and their first kiss was at their wedding. Believe me, they hold hands like that! I didn't know that they hadn't kissed before the wedding so I was really surprised when their pastor announced it was their first kiss ever. I always wondered why they were so goofy with their hand holding!
    What about their goofy kissing? So weird. They need more practice or needed someone to teach them. How old is Anna? Josh I saw just turned 21.

When they were on the phone with Anna's family that was funny, the comment about that must have been some DVD/book. They just are so young!

The boys' reactions to the announcement were funny. Especially about how if his neice or nephew would be older than his sibling if mom has more kids.

I still love Amy. She is funny.

Quote Originally Posted by VanJagSol;3447819;
    What about their goofy kissing? So weird. They need more practice or needed someone to teach them. How old is Anna? Josh I saw just turned 21.

When they were on the phone with Anna's family that was funny, the comment about that must have been some DVD/book. They just are so young!

The boys' reactions to the announcement were funny. Especially about how if his neice or nephew would be older than his sibling if mom has more kids.

I still love Amy. She is funny.
    I liked the reaction too!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I think that they're so excited to finally be allowed to do that that they don't really care about quality, it's more about quantity. Amy is still awesome, as well. She gives the show a dose of real-world reality that really helps it.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Anna and Josh's relationship, being shown more, is a strange one. He tells her she is pregnant. He grabs the forms and fills them out at HER doctor's appointment. When the doctor asked her questions, she looked to him and he answered. What is up with that? He knows how she is feeling and can describe her pregnancy symptoms to the doctor? Even in the restaurant, with Kim and her boyfriend, Anna was looking helplessly at the menu and waiting for him to tell her what to order.
    How boring to have a mate who can't think for themselves!

I think she's taking the "male as the head of the relationship" thing a little too far-basically he is in charge of her. While I understand that some denominations/religious beliefs have the male as the head of the family, she should be able to fill out her doctor's forms and order a meal at a restaurant herself. I still haven't seen the date episode, but next week is a visit to the dentist, where some of the kids apparently have cavities.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Trista;3457379;
    I think she's taking the "male as the head of the relationship" thing a little too far-basically he is in charge of her. While I understand that some denominations/religious beliefs have the male as the head of the family, she should be able to fill out her doctor's forms and order a meal at a restaurant herself. I still haven't seen the date episode, but next week is a visit to the dentist, where some of the kids apparently have cavities.
    My grandmother never had a job, let my grandfather do everything for her and when he died, she didn't even know how to write a check, let alone pay a bill. She lived for another 25 years and my dad had to do most of everything for her because she had never done it herself. Theirs was not because of religion, but was just a very old fashioned relationship. My grandparents got married in 1919.
    So he's not doing her any favors if she can't fill out forms or answer questions herself.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

That's a very good example, however in this day and age you would expect everyone to be able to write a check, fill forms out, etc. Then again...I am 21 and my parents will still do introductions for me and talk for me when out in public, which gets old FAST.

Sorry, but in my day and age, males ordered dinner in a restaurant. It was discussed before the order was taken, but the male did the talking. I am not ancient (a young 50)
    It was just considered good manners, like a male opening a door, holding out a chair, helping with a coat, etc. I guess I still expect it. I do not demand it, but expect it.
    There's no place like home!

Well that's one thing we can talk up to differences in time-my parents taught me to hold the door open for anybody, male or female. I would be insulted if anybody ordered for me, although it is nice having the parents who aren't afraid to speak up if my order gets botched (like how they added chicken when I said no meat). I would never allow a guy to hold a chair for me or help with my coat, and I don't expect him to hold a door for me because I'm the door holder! Then again, I'm not expecting to ever go on a date in my lifetime, so I really don't have to worry about that.

You always held the door open for your elder, that was a given. I still do, heck I hold the door for any person (stranger or not) coming in behind me at a store. Common courtsey. Heck I remember the days men did not wear a hat in a building, including the baseball caps you now see every day backwards.
    There's no place like home!

+ Reply to Thread