+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 226 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556575898148 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 2254
Like Tree312Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

  1. #471
    Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In The Mist
    Age
    35
    Posts
    20,166

    Re: The Duggar Family

    Like I've said "Octomom" is entirely different than The Duggars or any other TLC family. There isn't a comparison, imo.

    And I'm sorry....if I was Kate and had a tummy like she use to from having 6 wonderful beautiful children that she adores and loves and someone offered me a tummy tuck.....HECK YES, I would take it and I wouldn't feel it was exploitating my children AT ALL. In fact, I would be feeling better about myself and that would do my children a world of good. I don't really see how this is doing any harm to anyone.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

  2. #472
    Over and Out! Bunny555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,368

    Re: The Duggar Family

    Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3424485;
    Like I've said "Octomom" is entirely different than The Duggars or any other TLC family. There isn't a comparison, imo.

    And I'm sorry....if I was Kate and had a tummy like she use to from having 6 wonderful beautiful children that she adores and loves and someone offered me a tummy tuck.....HECK YES, I would take it and I wouldn't feel it was exploitating my children AT ALL. In fact, I would be feeling better about myself and that would do my children a world of good. I don't really see how this is doing any harm to anyone.
    I think if the extent of the freebies had ended with the tummy tuck, hair transplant and juicy juice for life had ended there, there would be no disagreement but people do have strong opposition to a family that presented itself one way when the show started and have now grown a cottage industry profiting off of their children's privacy.

    The Duggars let the cameras into their life but I don't see the same kind of exploitation there. They are who they are and I believe they agreed to be filmed in order to aquaint people with their way of life.
    Last edited by Bunny555; 04-26-2009 at 05:09 AM.
    CYA

  3. #473
    FORT Fogey luvsginger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sunny California
    Posts
    2,157

    Re: The Duggar Family

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3424487;
    I think if the extent of the freebies had ended with the tummy tuck, hair transplant and juicy juice for life had ended there, there would be no disagreement but people do have strong opposition to a family that presented itself one way when the show started and have now grown a cottage industry profiting off of their children's privacy.

    The Duggars let the cameras into their life but I don't see the same kind of exploitation there. They are who they are and I believe they agreed to be filmed in order to aquaint people with their way of life.
    Very well said! I agree 100%

  4. #474
    Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In The Mist
    Age
    35
    Posts
    20,166

    Re: The Duggar Family

    Well anyhoo....I don't see any exploitation....I think that is taking it just a step too far, but yeah...just my opinion.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

  5. #475
    Over and Out! Bunny555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,368

    Re: The Duggar Family

    I missed the episode where Josh and Ana announce their pregnancy. Did they mention when the baby is due?
    CYA

  6. #476
    FORT Fogey luvsginger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sunny California
    Posts
    2,157

    Re: The Duggar Family

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3424701;
    I missed the episode where Josh and Ana announce their pregnancy. Did they mention when the baby is due?
    October 18!....had to google it! How exciting for them....where do they live? Do they reside in the Big house or do they have their own home nearby or on the property? I wonder who is next to tie the knot. I noticed Aa could not stop rubbing Josh's hand when they were engaged...must have been some wedding night!!!

  7. #477
    RIP Billy Mays:'( Trista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,089

    Re: The Duggar Family

    I totally agree as well. They have grown very savvy to the cameras-making sure that there was one there when Josh told Anna the pregnancy test results-but they're very much the same Duggars, just with nicer things. They haven't changed their values or beliefs at all-fame has not spoiled them. I am sure it will be awkward for them when the cameras do stop rolling (some of the younger ones have practically grown up under the cameras), but I doubt they will for a long time, because with a family that big there's always going to be something. Be it the older kids getting married and starting families of their own, people growing up, or just everyday happenings, there will always be television.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

  8. #478
    RIP Billy Mays:'( Trista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,089

    Re: The Duggar Family

    Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3424715;
    October 18!....had to google it! How exciting for them....where do they live? Do they reside in the Big house or do they have their own home nearby or on the property? I wonder who is next to tie the knot. I noticed Aa could not stop rubbing Josh's hand when they were engaged...must have been some wedding night!!!
    They have their own house that I believe was in the family, it may have been the old house of the eldest Duggars. They got it fixed up though so that it would be a good starter house.

    As far as who is next, I honestly think it will be a good two years. Not just age-wise, but I don't see any of the elder girls getting married for awhile, and John David...yeah.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

  9. #479
    RIP Billy Mays:'( Trista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,089

    Re: The Duggar Family

    Did anyone else see tonight? It was a sad episode, but I liked how Jim Bob felt that showing emotion was necessary as well as how they explained it to the kids. I do have to say I liked what Jessa was wearing at the funeral-it was a white button-down shirt with a grey sweater vest over it and then a black skirt, presumably.

    Next week is a Josh and Anna episode-showing them growing "physically, emotionally, and spiritually" closer, and then Anna preparing food for the family, as she says it was one of her main goals to cook for the in-laws. They go on vacation to Florida I believe-so this could very well have been around the time that Michelle had Jordyn. They go parasailing, which is a surprise for Anna.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

  10. #480
    FORT Fan Ownlyanangel20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Age
    33
    Posts
    372

    Re: The Duggar Family

    Seriously, how can anyone find the "hand rubbing" (no pun intended) to be 'sweet' between Anna and Josh? It was awkward and contrite. Well at least he was able to get her pregnant, all she needs to do is become barefoot with 16 other kids.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.