+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 259 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748495051525354555696146 ... LastLast
Like Tree492Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

Re: The Duggar Family

Let us all hope they can piggy back on the Duggar gravy train. Otherwise, they'll be like his parents were before, beholden to friends and neighbors. I'd really rather that was not the case.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3412595;
    Hmmm.....I don't see Bunny anywhere on that list :nono
    Sorry Bunns! You're right! Bunny should be on top of the B list and at the end of the list should be "Birth" for Birth Control or "Buck" for Buck stops here!
    I just hope they don't reproduce like bunnies or like duggars...LOL!

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

You know they will. It would be shocking to me if they didn't...considering the families they both come from.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

I am sorry for those newly weds. They deserve some time to just be them and to have a kid so soon seems to be a bit much

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Tonight's episode - the Bates family comes to help out after the ice storm and Josh and Anna make their announcement. Mr. Bates commented on how resourceful the Duggars are, especially John. I wonder if there will be a Bates/Duggar wedding in the future.

There very well could be, but probably not for awhile...I could see Jana marrying into that family, to be honest.

I do think that Josh and Anna will still get some support from the elder Duggars, but Josh does have an honest job that will help support him, Anna, and the baby. I could very well see him turning to the commercial real estate as well with some help from Jim Bob.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Josh will probably invest and will definitely live without debt. As we have mentioned, the Duggars use the Gothard homeschool material and their lifestyle fits exactly into the Gothard teachings on how to live. Part of their teaching includes finances and they stress the importance of financial responsibility including debt-free living. Starting in high school, the boys are taught to be financially secure before they marry.

That goes back to the episode where they were talking about how they save money (buying used shoes, making their own laundry soap, the girls perming their own hair, the wood-fired heating) and Michelle said "I don't know how people can live WITH debt!" The house was already in the family, and they probably had some help with things like furniture and so forth-they had 300 guests at their wedding if I am not mistaken. Still though, running the car lot is definitely a good thing for them (Josh and John David) to do, and if I was ever in the market for a car I'd go there since I know I would get an honest car.

Similar thing with the Bates family-all the older men do the tree business. Gil said last night how his dad said before he went off to college and such, he needed skills.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3413328;
    I am sorry for those newly weds. They deserve some time to just be them and to have a kid so soon seems to be a bit much
    but it's obvious marriage isn't about the couple and getting to know each other. it's about populating the earth. no time to date, just pick your girl and plan your wedding! and then have children right away, and as often as you can! who needs love?

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3414936;
    but it's obvious marriage isn't about the couple and getting to know each other. it's about populating the earth. no time to date, just pick your girl and plan your wedding! and then have children right away, and as often as you can! who needs love?
    Thats exactly what its like!
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

+ Reply to Thread