+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 226 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647484950515292142 ... LastLast
Like Tree312Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Re: The Duggar Family

I had a feeling! Thank you Trista!
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Duggars in the ice storm reminded me of when we went through a hurricane last summer. It was hard enough dealing with two kids and some dogs without electicity for two weeks, I can't imagine 18! Including a sick newborn and a dying elderly man! I love how this family rallies and helps each other through things. They are very inspirational.

The new commercial shows the new bride of Jimmy Joe John (or whatever that kid's name is) taking a pregnancy test? Grandbabies on the way?

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Goodness....I knew it wouldn't be long!
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

It's interesting because the thing about the episode I read on Yahoo TV was that it was going to be about the Bates family coming to help with the cleanup-but yep, you knew it wouldn't be long, as they definitely wanted to get started with having some little Duggars of their own.

I do like how they dealt with the power outage though-I freak out if the power is out for an hour because we don't have gas, so I can't cook-and I get bored really easily.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Josh's wife, Anna, is pregnant? That's not surprising considering their marriage vows included that they wouldn't use birth control, "trusting God with their fertility." She will probably be pregnant every other year, like Mrs. Duggar. I think that is fine, if that's how they want to live their lives, but I think it would have been nice for them to have a little time alone, to get to know each other, before starting in with the kids. They never had any alone-time before marriage. It just seems really fast to go from your first kiss to your first child in a year.

FORT Fanatic

I think Jim Bob and Michelle used birth control the first couple years. But when they stopped and she got pregnant, she had a miscarriage. They interpreted that as God's way of expressing displeasure with birth control.

Ok, just out of curiousity, I looked at Josh and Anna's story at: Josh & Anna Duggar | Our Story
    They probably spent less than 30 days together before getting engaged! Yikes! I was with my husband for 5 years before we got married!

We don't know if she is pregnant or not for sure-we have to wait til next Tuesday because that is when the episode airs-but I would not be surprised. All the kids loved how in the vows, they were "going to trust God with the number of children that they would have". They don't know anything different and they all, as far as I know, want larger families. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I would not be surprised since they aren't using any form of birth control.

And yes, I believe that they (Jim Bob and Michelle) did use the Pill but it's not my place to speculate. They have told their story though about the birth control causing a miscarriage I think either before they had Josh or between him and the twins.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;3409965;
    Ok, just out of curiousity, I looked at Josh and Anna's story at: Josh & Anna Duggar | Our Story
    They probably spent less than 30 days together before getting engaged! Yikes! I was with my husband for 5 years before we got married!
    But according to that site they had actually met a couple of years before and I thought they had said on the show that they had corresponded with each other during that time. When my 2 great uncles were fighting in WWI one of them was married to my aunt and the other one (he was kind of shy and had never dated) asked him if his wife had a sister that would write to him because he was lonely. My great aunt wrote to him everyday and they fell in love through letters even though they had never met or even seen pictures of each other and my uncle proposed through the letters and when he came home they got married. They were married for over 60 years (not exactly sure of the exact number of years) until my aunt passed away in the nursing home and he passed away about a month later just because he missed her. You don't necessarily have to be with someone physically to get to know who they are and to fall in love with them.

BTW: My Uncle Kaye was always full of wonderful stories and he was such an interesting person and lived a full and interesting life. But this story is the one that I enjoyed hearing him tell the most. It was romantic and sweet. My Uncle Kaye and My Aunt Fayola were not attractive people (pretty homely actually) and neither thought they would ever find anyone but they found each other in probably the most romantic way. They were so in love, even when they were in their 90's.
    Last edited by stacerace; 04-10-2009 at 04:02 PM.

+ Reply to Thread