+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 260 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233343536373839404181131 ... LastLast
Like Tree494Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

Re: The Duggar Family

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3297307;
    well I for one thought that the first kiss was rather awkward, but I do like the Duggars and wish all of them the best. In all honesty I feel sex is overrated anyway. There is more to life than sex. Although it can be fun at times.
    Imo it should be. The first kiss used to mean something to people. The kiss was special something to cherish. Nowadays people will just lay their lips on anyone for any reason.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Well I for one love kissing....and sex And nope....not married. I think you can cherish kissing and sex without having to wait until you are married.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3298462;
    Imo it should be. The first kiss used to mean something to people. The kiss was special something to cherish. Nowadays people will just lay their lips on anyone for any reason.
    Just because most people's first kiss isn't at their wedding doesn't mean it won't be special and cherished. I remember my first kiss like it was yesterday, just like I remember the first man I ever fell in love with. Those times hold a very dear place in my heart, and have had a part in the person I've become.

That being said, I don't want to criticize anyone who does choose to wait. I can't imagine it, but I also know that what's right for me isn't right for everyone. I think it takes a lot of conviction to stick to your morals, whatever they are.

My cousin and his wife waited until they married for their first kiss. I never knew that as they live far from me. But bother are in their mid to late 20s, college educated, very religious and very much in love with each other. Whatever works for a person. They are couples who did everything and are together and others who did everything and broke up. I am sure it is the same without kissing.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion, Big Truck Adventure Champion, Tire Toss Champion PIMguy's Avatar

I don't really care if they waited or not for their first kiss, but I think it became too much of a spectacle. The first kiss became an event that everyone talked about, rather than an intimate moment shared by two people in love. The awkwardness of it didn't help much either. One question, why was it JimBob who gave "permission" or the command for them to conduct their first kiss? And, Duggar boys, don't sing at your weddings, please.

Quote Originally Posted by PIMguy;3300187;
    I don't really care if they waited or not for their first kiss, but I think it became too much of a spectacle. The first kiss became an event that everyone talked about, rather than an intimate moment shared by two people in love. The awkwardness of it didn't help much either. One question, why was it JimBob who gave "permission" or the command for them to conduct their first kiss? And, Duggar boys, don't sing at your weddings, please.
    Actually, I was quite impressed with his lovely singing voice and thought it was very romantic. Especially the song that was chosen .
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Yeah, I kinda like it too. I thought he did ok and it was kinda sweet.
    "The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

my ex husband sang a song to me on our wedding day too. it IS sweet and romantic ... something you don't see very often.

Quote Originally Posted by PIMguy;3300187;
    The first kiss became an event that everyone talked about, rather than an intimate moment shared by two people in love. The awkwardness of it didn't help much either. One question, why was it JimBob who gave "permission" or the command for them to conduct their first kiss? And, Duggar boys, don't sing at your weddings, please.
    The whole time they were getting engaged and sitting there it was so awkward. I was like, just kiss already. It only seemed right. Their first kiss was awkward as well especially with the dad telling everyone. I didn't care much for his singing either. It was just bad.

I love the cousin. She cracks me up.

Quote Originally Posted by VanJagSol;3300762;
    The whole time they were getting engaged and sitting there it was so awkward. I was like, just kiss already. It only seemed right. Their first kiss was awkward as well especially with the dad telling everyone. I didn't care much for his singing either. It was just bad.

I love the cousin. She cracks me up.
    I actually cannot stand Cousin Amy. I think she is obnoxious and annoying and I think she only hangs around so she can be on TV. It seems like she's always right in the middle of everything and trying to cause trouble just so she can get camera time. I'm totally over it!
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

+ Reply to Thread