+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 214 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435363738394080130 ... LastLast
Like Tree242Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

Re: The Duggar Family

Most of the Duggars will be getting married young since they believe in being pure before marriage.

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3293936;
    I'm dying to know your reaction to the first kiss, gabriel. What did you think?
    I know you didn't ask me but.....

I was surprised at how "good" it was. It didn't look like the first And how embarrassing to have your parents standing right there. Why did they have to get up on the stage and stand right behind them! Also I just can't stand the crap of "he's your authority now."
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3293936;
    I'm dying to know your reaction to the first kiss, gabriel. What did you think?
    OMG! this was on last night and I made it a point to watch.. EEEEK! All I could think of was EWWWW. Looked like he was trying to eat a Big Mac just as AnaBanana posted. I know he was excited and stuff but just ewwwww.

I mentioned earlier that my husband and I were guests at a wedding where the bride and groom's first kiss was at the altar. To each his own, but when the pastor who was about 20 years old and looked about 12 turned around and began to lecture us about how we were all sinners if we didn't wait until our wedding day to kiss, my husband was ready to jump up and question him right then and there but wanted to respect the couple. The nerve of this little twirp! Can you imagine?

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;3291942;
    There is a couple in my area who were on the news, who also waited til there wedding day. They are in their mid 20s and work for a group that promotes chastity before marriage. They interviewed them after the honeymoon and they seemed happy.

I saw the SF episode last night and thought they were so sweet. I could tell Michelle found Jin-Bob's love of hairspray pretty funny but was trying to be respectful. Its obvious they missed their kids while they were gone. I also give them kudos for visiting HA which was very alien to them and being pleasand and cordial to people they met.
    That is one thing that I really like about the Duggars and have to commend them on...

They always seem very respectful to other people no matter where they are and go out of their way to be pleasant and kind hearted... especially Michelle.

I realize that they're on TV and probably putting a good foot forward but compared to that other "tv family" it's like night and day.

Maybe JimBob and Michelle are mindful of being respectful to others because they want other people to treat them with respect even though their lifestyle isn't the "norm".... ya know... sorta sticking to the bible saying... "Do onto others as you would have them do onto you"

at any rate...I don't agree with their beliefs or lifestyle but I like how nice they are and how they seem to be teaching their children to do the same.

this world needs as many good natured polite people as possible!

plus Michelle is one of those people who makes the person she is talking to feel that they have her undivided attention and she's genuinely interested in what they have to say.... that's a really nice personality trait and far too rare nowadays.
    If Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares... why is there a song about him?

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3289781;
    I feel so badly for Anna. The look of horror and disappointment on her face after Josh attempted that first kiss was so sad. I will never understand how these kids are supposed to go from their first kiss to full-on sexual intercourse within the same evening. Talk about pressure, sheesh.
    I know what you mean Margaritaville but on the other hand it wasn't all that long ago that the majority didn't have sex before marriage and the bride was basically EXPECTED to be a virgin until her wedding night and they seemed to handle it fairly easily (my grandmother always told us how her and grampaa didn't have sex before marriage and had only exchanged pecks on the cheek as kisses,,, no full on mouth action)

plus she wasn't the only virgin in the bed... grampa was one too!

I think nowadays people are too concerned with sex and fail to realize the importance of being friends and compatable with the person you marry.
    If Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares... why is there a song about him?

I think the Dugger family is lovely. I adore them and think the children are incredibly charming. I love this show and can't wait to see their family grow even more.

well I for one thought that the first kiss was rather awkward, but I do like the Duggars and wish all of them the best. In all honesty I feel sex is overrated anyway. There is more to life than sex. Although it can be fun at times.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3297307;
    well I for one thought that the first kiss was rather awkward, but I do like the Duggars and wish all of them the best. In all honesty I feel sex is overrated anyway. There is more to life than sex. Although it can be fun at times.
    My first kiss was awkward too! I agree that sex is overrated. I waited until I was 26 and haven't bothered with it since. I wish I had continued to wait until I got married (that was the initial plan anyway). People act like being celibate is a really difficult thing but I'm living proof that it's really not. Besides, if I get too "bothered"...well...that's what batteries are for It's certainly safer. By the way, it's not like I'm a prude or anything. I'm just waiting for someone worthy and most of the men I've had opportunity to date are losers.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

FORT Fanatic

It was interesting to see how the younger boys 'cut up' when their parents were out of town. They acted much more 'normal.'

+ Reply to Thread