+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 259 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast
Like Tree492Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

Kao

Re: The Duggar Family

LOL, apparently the son who is getting married gift registry is at Walmart, and some of the items on there are cracking me up. Beef Jerky and King Size Snickers? Really?

FORT Fanatic

I saw most of the program last night on TLC. He proposed to his girfriend, and she accepted. They can hold hands but they can't kiss until their wedding day. Unbelievable. No kissing until then.

They seem like a really nice family, but are these kids really prepared for life in the cold, cruel world?

They will move into a home that has been in the family for a while. No furniture in it now, apparently. TLC finished the huge home the Duggar family had been working on for years and hired professional help to get it done. TLC - or a sponsor - also furnished it. Wonder if they will do the same for the younger set.

More power to you! You're right, MMLE.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;3213153;
    I saw most of the program last night on TLC. He proposed to his girfriend, and she accepted. They can hold hands but they can't kiss until their wedding day. Unbelievable. No kissing until then.

They seem like a really nice family, but are these kids really prepared for life in the cold, cruel world?

They will move into a home that has been in the family for a while. No furniture in it now, apparently. TLC finished the huge home the Duggar family had been working on for years and hired professional help to get it done. TLC - or a sponsor - also furnished it. Wonder if they will do the same for the younger set.
    I don't think our parents happened to be ready for this ever. It's called growing up and learning your way. I like that and I can tell you that young people armed with a past of multiple sexual encounters aren't anymore ready than these kids.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3213929;
    I don't think our parents happened to be ready for this ever. It's called growing up and learning your way. I like that and I can tell you that young people armed with a past of multiple sexual encounters aren't anymore ready than these kids.
    Although they had kissed before the wedding and even did quite a bit of heaving making out, my sister and her husband were both virgins on their wedding night. I think it's really cool because they can both say they've only been with each other and they're not bringing past sexual experiences into their relationship. My sister also says that she feels like she can trust him on a different level than she would if he'd had a past. I also have a cousin who just got married and he and his wife have never even dated anyone except each other. Although I suspect that they didn't wait until the wedding night to be with each other These are 2 relationships that I feel very confident in saying will last for a very long time. Oh, another example, my grandparents are celebrating 70 years of marriage this month and are still as in love as ever and they've only ever been with each other. And then there's my brother who was basically a male slut and has been with at least 100 women. He is on wife number 3 and kid number 6 and it's not going well. He's still in love with wife number 3 but has absolutely no shot. She's married to husband number 4 but I think that one might actually stick. He's a really good stepdad to my neices. Anyway, I could go on and on giving examples of successful relationships vs unsuccessful relationships of people that I know and in most of them the most successful ones are the ones who waited or had only been with one or two people before settling down. I myself have been with only 1 person and that was 6 years go. I decided to wait until I find the right guy. I just started dating someone who I think might be but I plan to wait until I KNOW he's the right guy with possibly marriage in the future before I "give it up".
    Last edited by stacerace; 10-08-2008 at 02:39 AM.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

FORT Newbie

The one thing that I noticed in last nights show to New York is that Michelle Duggar looked very thin. I hope all of these pregnancies aren't affecting her health. The kids looked stunned that she was expecting again, so I wonder if there are some health issues going on and the kids where shoked that she was going to have another child. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3213976;
    Although they had kissed before the wedding and even did quite a bit of heaving making out, my sister and her husband were both virgins on their wedding night. I think it's really cool because they can both say they've only been with each other and they're not bringing past sexual experiences into their relationship. My sister also says that she feels like she can trust him on a different level than she would if he'd had a past. I also have a cousin who just got married and he and his wife have never even dated anyone except each other. Although I suspect that they didn't wait until the wedding night to be with each other These are 2 relationships that I feel very confident in saying will last for a very long time. Oh, another example, my grandparents are celebrating 70 years of marriage this month and are still as in love as ever and they've only ever been with each other. And then there's my brother who was basically a male slut and has been with at least 100 women. He is on wife number 3 and kid number 6 and it's not going well. He's still in love with wife number 3 but has absolutely no shot. She's married to husband number 4 but I think that one might actually stick. He's a really good stepdad to my neices. Anyway, I could go on and on giving examples of successful relationships vs unsuccessful relationships of people that I know and in most of them the most successful ones are the ones who waited or had only been with one or two people before settling down. I myself have been with only 1 person and that was 6 years go. I decided to wait until I find the right guy. I just started dating someone who I think might be but I plan to wait until I KNOW he's the right guy with possibly marriage in the future before I "give it up".
    I meant wife number 2
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Please Jeebus, don't tell me that this is going to be a regular show. I know, I know, I don't HAVE to watch it, but just knowing that it is being telecast makes me throw up a little. More greedy people with too little sense. I wonder how much they will scam from the network and public before their 15 minutes are up. I'm sure they probably get food stamps and I just read that their house was finished (they'd been working on it for 2 years) AND furnished by the production company or maybe it was a rich benefactor. Whatever look how the midgets cleaned up (they're building a mansion) and the couple with twins and sextet, they're always getting freebies (A hair transplant, how about college funds for the kinder instead of catering to your own misdirected vanity.

It's not a scam. It's supply and demand. All the people who appear on 'TLC' are providing the network with ratings and sponsors, in other words, money. And the families are being compensated; getting paid. Just like going to work, except their families are the 'job.'

I can understand the disapproval of 'exploiting' your children, if that is the way that a person sees it.' But the Duggars, Rolofs, etc are supplying what the networks and a good portion of the viewing public wants to see. If it weren't the case, the shows would have long ago been cancelled.

Trust, as much money, extras and attention the families are getting, you can bet the producers, sponsors, etc are getting promotions, millions of dollars and profit sharing and yet I hear no judgement on the people who come up with, produce and put the show on the air.
    "Whatever you think you can do or believe you can do, begin it. Action has magic, power and grace in it."-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Quote Originally Posted by naomibanks;3217519;
    It's not a scam. It's supply and demand. All the people who appear on 'TLC' are providing the network with ratings and sponsors, in other words, money. And the families are being compensated; getting paid. Just like going to work, except their families are the 'job.'

I can understand the disapproval of 'exploiting' your children, if that is the way that a person sees it.' But the Duggars, Rolofs, etc are supplying what the networks and a good portion of the viewing public wants to see. If it weren't the case, the shows would have long ago been cancelled.

Trust, as much money, extras and attention the families are getting, you can bet the producers, sponsors, etc are getting promotions, millions of dollars and profit sharing and yet I hear no judgement on the people who come up with, produce and put the show on the air.
    Agreed. There have been many "specials" about the Duggars and they have been some of TLC's most highly rated programming. It was only a matter of time before TLC picked them up for a regular show.

It all goes back to "if you don't like it, don't watch it". Ratings rule and as long as the Rolofs, Duggars and other shows like that get ratings, they will remain on the air. Don't contribute to their ratings, if you'd like to see these shows cancelled.

I don't find the Duggars to be nearly as compelling in this new "regular show" format as I did in their "specials" previously. I've watched the first few episodes now, and I can see this getting boring really quickly.

+ Reply to Thread