+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 226 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031323334353637383979129 ... LastLast
Like Tree312Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

Re: The Duggar Family

Did anyone watch tonight, with Michelle & Jim-Bob celebrating their 25th in that hot bed of liberalism & homosexuality & drugs - San Francisco?

I didn't really watch it, I had it on, but fell asleep after the boat trip.

Yes, I watched. I live in SF and I am in the Haight almost everyday. In fact, I was on Haight street on Halloween day and it was not raining like it was portrayed on the show. I hope they had a great time while they were here and I hope they bring their children back for a visit. I wish I had run into them while they were on Haight, they seem so sweet. I would have given them a personal tour from a natives perspective. It must have been the day after because like I mentioned, it was raining on Halloween. There is another family of mulitples on TLC that I would not welcome here at all and hope they never decide to visit.
    Did I ever mention that I attended a wedding (not in SF) where the bride and groom shared their first kiss at the altar like the Duggar son? It was the strangest wedding I had ever attended and not because of the fact that this couple did nothing but hold hands for 18 months, there were other aspects that were just strange.
    Anyway, come on back Duggar family....you're welcome anytime!!!

There is a couple in my area who were on the news, who also waited til there wedding day. They are in their mid 20s and work for a group that promotes chastity before marriage. They interviewed them after the honeymoon and they seemed happy.

I saw the SF episode last night and thought they were so sweet. I could tell Michelle found Jin-Bob's love of hairspray pretty funny but was trying to be respectful. Its obvious they missed their kids while they were gone. I also give them kudos for visiting HA which was very alien to them and being pleasand and cordial to people they met.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I want to know how they decide who gets to scrub all that Aqua Net off of the bathroom floor. Wow - you would need a chisel to get that glue off of the floor. And JimBob sure was liberal with it. He must smell fabulous!

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana;3289221;
    I believe they were married in a Southern Baptist church. It has been my experience that woman are to be silent and the man is the authority in the home AND in the church. For example, if you attend a sermon and the pastor is making a point, you will hear a man shout AMEN! Never a woman - never ever. I asked my aunt about it, and she said "Oh dear -a woman's place is understood. The men are the authority in God's house."
    I guess their morals, values and lifestyle works for them.
    As a woman - I couldn't do it.
    Uh...I grew up in the Nazarene church until I was a teenager when I started going to a Southern Baptist church and I currently go to an Inter-Denominational church and nothing could be farther from the truth. My sister is herself is the Director of Elementary Education in the Nazarene church I grew up in. That's hardly a woman "knowing her place" when she is in a position of authority. Also, my sister's mother-in-law attends the Baptist church I attended as a teenager and she (along with MANY other women in that church) is a successful businesswoman. My Aunt is a CEO of a major health care corporation and is extremely involved in the Southern Baptist church. There are some churches still out there that suppress women but they are very few and far between. I happen to agree that a woman falls under the authority of her father until she gets married and then is under the authority of her husband. I believe that it's entirely possible to be an independent woman while being a submissive wife. My Aunt who is a CEO and makes most of the $$ definitely falls under my Uncle's authority. Not that he tells her what to do (by the way, I get the feeling that NO ONE tells Michelle Duggar what to do!) but it's a partnership and they make their decisions together, but ultimately he's the man. By the way, I consider myself a feminist and would NEVER allow a man to push me around but when I get married, I want to marry a MAN, not a wussy boy that I can order around. Unfortunately, it's rather hard to find a real man these days that will step up and take a leadership role. My sister's lucky because she found a man who is similar to my Dad in many ways.

Sorry for going off on a tangent but I get soooooo annoyed and frustrated at the stereotypes that aren't even true for the most part. And I live in the Bible Belt so I ought to have a pretty good understanding

Quote Originally Posted by princess07;3289273;
    I thought it was either a Seven Day Adventest or Mormon church. Because when the cameras pan the audience at the wedding, I saw one of the ladies with a veil/scraf over her head. Also, the wedding was on the a Friday, Seven Day Adventest have church services on Saturdays. I would be curious to know which religious church it was.
    They showed the church sign MULTIPLE times throughout the episode. It is MOST DEFINITELY a Southern Baptist church.

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3289240;
    BTW, there is nothing wrong with dancing! It's an expression of joy & happiness unto the Lord. You fricking idiots.
    I happen to agree that dancing is OK WHEN it's done to glorify the Lord but there are still some churches out there that believe it's never OK but that doesn't make them idiots. That's what they choose to believe and it's not a belief that really hurts anyone. In the Nazarene church we didn't believe in dancing either when I was growing up. In the last 15 years that's changed though. When we do our Christmas and Easter programs we do have choreography and ballet dancers. I also have a cousin who was a ballerina when she was a young woman in a Christian dance company. She's Lutheran though

Quote Originally Posted by Ownlyanangel20;3290353;
    Well, it should be no problem for Josh. It doesnt take much to get a guy ready to go. But the poor girl, Anna. I highly doubt she will ever have a decent sexual experience in her life as long as she is tied to the church. And that, truly, is a shame. Sex isn't just for men, but if men (and women) arent taught to look for the needs of their partners and not just lie there, then they will never see it for more than "making babies"
    My brother-in-law and my sister were both virgins on their wedding night but they had done A LOT of kissing and making out before hand and they were not each other's first kisses either, although my sister said she wishes she had never kissed anyone else. Anyway, they had some issues the first night but after the honeymoon my brother-in-law bought a book and...ahem...figured it out and now they have a great physical relationship. I don't know any other details besides that, thank goodness! I don't think you have to worry about Anna since JB did tell Josh that he needed to take care of her and mentioned it takes longer for women. I'm sure that's addressed in the materials he gave Josh too.
    Last edited by stacerace; 01-28-2009 at 08:16 PM.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3291961;
    I want to know how they decide who gets to scrub all that Aqua Net off of the bathroom floor. Wow - you would need a chisel to get that glue off of the floor. And JimBob sure was liberal with it. He must smell fabulous!
    Holy crap, I know! I was not expecting that! He sprayed it on like a teenage girl in the 80's!
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

That must be why they spend $2K/mo on groceries.

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3291961;
    I bet that the closest girl whose name starts with a "J" gets put on hairspray duty!

Is Anna pregnant yet?
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3293686;
    I bet that the closest girl whose name starts with a "J" gets put on hairspray duty!

Is Anna pregnant yet?
    Probably!
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3290641;
    Maybe I am dense or something, but doesn't kissing come kind of naturally?
    Oh now I have to watch this one...
    I'm dying to know your reaction to the first kiss, gabriel. What did you think?

+ Reply to Thread