+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 229 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343575125 ... LastLast
Like Tree326Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

Re: The Duggar Family

Quote Originally Posted by adriansmommie;3281788;
    Is it just me, or does Jim Bob look like he has a few screws loose??? I do admire the way that he has put together the various business deals to have various sources of income coming in.

The thing that really bothers me about the few episodes that I have watched, is that you hardly see the parents hug the kids or really talk to them one on one. I don't really watch the show, can't stomach it to be honest with you, but that is what I have observed from the few episodes I have seen.
    Funny you should say that about the hugging thing. I watched on one episode where one of the little boys, Jackson Levi?, got lost at the airport. Jim Bob found him and he was crying, you know that kinda jerky cry kids do when they;re really scared. Anyway, he was sitting on one of the older girls laps crying and Michelle was in the background with her back to the camera talking to I dont know who. I remember thinking, why isn't Michelle holding this boy to comfort him or Jim Bob?
    "The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by mickbee;3282170;
    Funny you should say that about the hugging thing. I watched on one episode where one of the little boys, Jackson Levi?, got lost at the airport. Jim Bob found him and he was crying, you know that kinda jerky cry kids do when they;re really scared. Anyway, he was sitting on one of the older girls laps crying and Michelle was in the background with her back to the camera talking to I dont know who. I remember thinking, why isn't Michelle holding this boy to comfort him or Jim Bob?
    Well darn! Michelle had the child and now you expect her to raise it too? Isn't that a little narrow minded?

To be fair, we are watching an edited version. How do we know that JimBob and Michelle are unaffectionate (is that a word? ) And how do we know that one of the parents didn't try to comfort the boy. They do have 18 kids to keep track of after all. Can you imagine being in an airport with that many kids? I doubt they had time to coddle the kid for 10 minutes.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3282976;
    To be fair, we are watching an edited version. How do we know that JimBob and Michelle are unaffectionate (is that a word? ) And how do we know that one of the parents didn't try to comfort the boy. They do have 18 kids to keep track of after all. Can you imagine being in an airport with that many kids? I doubt they had time to coddle the kid for 10 minutes.
    And they probably had to talk to authorities first.

When our son was hit by a car, when we got to the hospital, we were not allowed to see him until we spoke to the cops. It's a precautionary measure to verify that the child is not being abused or ignored/stranded before handing him/her back over to their parents.

Did anyone see the Duggers on "The View" today? I thought it was a nice segment. I admire Michelle for staying true to her convictions, but (as others have expressed upthread) I kinda wish she and/or JimBob would be a bit selfish when her health is concerned.
    Last edited by coltnlasma; 01-22-2009 at 12:27 PM.

Sorry to double-post; I didn't make it in time to edit...

Just wanted to add - I was impressed with the lunch/dinner thing they do with the girls when "the time comes", especially the example set by the dad. It seems like a lot of today's youth (girls especially) forget that it's okay to expect respect.

Did anyone catch the Duggar Wedding episode tonight? My head is just spinning. Josh seems to fancy himself a wedding/marriage expert at this point. Seriously Josh? You just had your first (extremely awkward) kiss and have never been alone with your fiance/wife and yet you know all about marriage? How in the hell does that work?

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3289171;
    Did anyone catch the Duggar Wedding episode tonight? My head is just spinning. Josh seems to fancy himself a wedding/marriage expert at this point. Seriously Josh? You just had your first (extremely awkward) kiss and have never been alone with your fiance/wife and yet you know all about marriage? How in the hell does that work?
    I saw it. What kind of church were they married in? The officient said that Anna had to accept Josh to be the authority in their marriage.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

And did you notice how Jim-Bob said that it had been hard that week with the older girls gone? Hmm, wonder why. Oh yeah....THEY raise the younger kids! He said it reminded him of when it was just him and Jichelle with a lot of younger kids. That just bothers me.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

I believe they were married in a Southern Baptist church. It has been my experience that woman are to be silent and the man is the authority in the home AND in the church. For example, if you attend a sermon and the pastor is making a point, you will hear a man shout AMEN! Never a woman - never ever. I asked my aunt about it, and she said "Oh dear -a woman's place is understood. The men are the authority in God's house."
    I guess their morals, values and lifestyle works for them.
    As a woman - I couldn't do it.

+ Reply to Thread