+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 215 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323373123 ... LastLast
Like Tree244Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

Re: The Duggar Family

Have the Duggars given any thought to the fact that they will be in their 60's by the time these younger kids are old enough to be out of the house? Seriously. And the youngest ones will most likely be robbed of having grandparents for their own children. I guess I just can't wrap my head around the whole concept. I get that it works for them now as they have so many older kids to help out the younger kids (don't agree with it, but that's another post). However, what happens when they are down to just the last four or five kids? Remember JimBob saying that Michelle was not very organized when they had only five kids before? Hello? That's because she had to do all the work. I believe Michelle said that she broke down crying in the laundry room because she was just so overwhelmed.

You have to feel sorry for those middle kids. As their 'partners' leave home more and more of the responsibility will fall on their shoulders. And there is no end in sight. Looks like Michelle is going to just keep popping them out every few months. And what happens if, GOD forbid, she doesn't make it through one of these deliveries? Do the older girls have to give up their own plans to play mom to a litter of kids that they had nothing to do with bringing into the world?

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;3272454;
    I understand what you're saying but would like to make a couple of points. Many years ago couples did have lots of kids. One reason was to have more farm hands but I'd be willing to bet that the other reason was lack of birth control. In this day and time, instead of having enough kids to field a couple of football teams, most farmers would just buy a tractor, or three or four. And I wouldn't doubt that they'd swing by the drug store to pick up birth control on their way back to the farm.

It has gotten to the point that I think the Duggars just like the attention they get when announcing another baby is on the way, or has arrived.
    I agree with your points, Muduh. You're correct.

But I do disagree with the attention part, if that's okay. I don't see them as being like that (like another family who uses their children for the attention).

Michelle had made comments with this last pregnancy that she was probably getting to old to keep having babies, hopefully they stop after this, it is getting a bit much.

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3272434;
    Back in the 1800s, people had huge families of 14-20 kids all the time (though many never lived to adulthood). I see nothing wrong with it providing they're not living off the government.

I don't understand the 'morally reprehensible', though. Withholding federal money for a children's hospital in order to get a campaign gift is morally represensible. Killing a pregnant woman for her baby is morally represensible. Could you explain better for me? Thanx!
    In the 1800s people had many kids for a variety of reasons with the two most basic being lack of adequate healthcare meant the more one pops out, the better chances of a good shot at lineage; and women were literally seen as nothing more than cattle to the husband. Literally. A wife was defined as being her husband's property, secondary to his cattle. Women didnt have a voice back then to speak up about anything. They were slaves. And when it came to sex, well since birth control wasnt invented, they had no choice in how many children were procreated.

When birth control was created in the 1920s, it sparked the idea that women were equal to men and that they had the full right and responsibility of family planning.

And maybe they arent living off the government now....but what about the HUGE offspring of their offsprings offspring. Everyone contributes to global warming and the various detriments of the planet, but they fail to see that its not about them, on an individual layer, its the offspring's 2nd generation. And for the Duggars 17, if each kid has 2 kids, and those kids have 2 kids, and so on, in a generation, they will be 4 times as huge as they are now. And apparently, they will continue the legacy of their parents, and now we are littering the world with a dozen or more kids per person.

Quote Originally Posted by Ownlyanangel20;3273409;
    And maybe they arent living off the government now....but what about the HUGE offspring of their offsprings offspring. Everyone contributes to global warming and the various detriments of the planet, but they fail to see that its not about them, on an individual layer, its the offspring's 2nd generation. And for the Duggars 17, if each kid has 2 kids, and those kids have 2 kids, and so on, in a generation, they will be 4 times as huge as they are now. And apparently, they will continue the legacy of their parents, and now we are littering the world with a dozen or more kids per person.

I still don't understand where your seemingly hatred of them comes in. It's very palpable in your posts, and if so, I'm sorry you feel that way.

I - and I doubt many others, including on this board - consider having children "littering". Littering means "throw away". None of these children thrown away, like some welfare children are made to feel. I'm sure the Duggars are teaching their children to be responsible enough to be able to take care of them w/o any kind of assistance (tv shows notwithstanding). These are well balanced, polite, thrifty, and unselfish kids.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i think she's using the word 'litter' in the manner of animals having litters (multiple offspring) when they give birth.

Hey, it's not up to any of us to control how many kids someone has. If they want to have 50 kids then that's their business. So long as I don't have to pay for it, which I'm not paying for the Duggars, they are self sufficient on their own. They have no debt and they don't use credit. Sure, TLC, may have helped them some but they are providing a service to TLC, they are allowing them to film their family, should they do that for free? Heck no! From they way it looks they are teaching their kids to be self sufficient as well. Josh and John David run a car lot, they're working, they're not getting welfare, JMO.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

while i may not believe the same as they do, and i sure as heck would never have so many kids, i would certainly rather watch them than bruce jenner's family (i can't spell their last name) ... now THAT'S dysfuntion.

i just hope that the 'fame' doesn't go to their heads like another family we know.

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

I like all three families you just spoke of I see something good in all of them. But the ones I can relate to the least are the Duggars. I still just can't stand the idea of the buddy system and the blanket theory or whatever its called. If you have a child......parent it YOURSELF! Otherwise, I think they are a fine family.

+ Reply to Thread