+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree493Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

Re: The Duggar Family

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    I can't help but wonder how the Ben/Jessa courtship is going. Do you all see it lasting.....because I don't. At this point in time I think Jessa is too mature for Ben. He acts like a lovesick hormones raging teenager. The boy can't say sooeee.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Tapatalk
    Yea, I don't get a "feeling" about that one as I had with Josh and Anna and now with Jill and Derrick.
    Jupiter likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Ben acts just as mature as Jim Bob and Michelle, IMO. And as mature as Mr and Mrs. Bates too. Of course, that's not saying much. They all act extremely immature to have such large families.

I will applaud Jessa if she feels it's not right to stay put instead of marrying and leaving home. It must be a huge temptation. According to Jessa's family, she is so distracted by Ben that she can't fold clothes. So, maybe she is really into him. Plus, I don't think they require the same amount of being in love as you might think. It's more of do we have the same religious principles and can we get a long. If those things are met, then what's the hold up. That's my take on it. I do recall one of the Bates kids breaking off a courtship, though I don't know the reason.
    Last edited by Debb70; 04-22-2014 at 02:33 PM.

I just don't think Jessa shows her emotions as much on camera, but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I do recall one of the Bates kids breaking off a courtship, though I don't know the reason.
    I think it was the oldest Bates boy. There was a whole show dedicated to it. The young man was so emotional about the whole thing. I don't remember the girl's name. I can google it & find out. The Bates never mentioned it further.

The Duggar girls are currently on book tour. Its amusing because you can tell they have rehearsed answers for nearly every question. The only difference is which girl answers and puts her own spin on it. They've also become very good at seeming to answer a question when really they haven't said anything at all. :rolleyes:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Tapatalk
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

I would be interested in the Duggar girls REAL story, not this thing their parents have conjured up.
    Jupiter likes this.

They are sitting on a gold mine and don't know it. Those adult daughters could hire the right person and compile personal, individual stories of their lives. It's quite bizarre and I think touching for those girls to have lived the way they have since childhood.

The true story of how their parents really are, would be very interesting. I expect they would consider it a betrayal of their parents. I can understand that, but it is their experience and their life. They have a right to tell the truth, IMO. It could bring them enough money to pay for college and a house. That's huge. If they could get that without getting married, it would take a lot of pressure off and provide them with another option in life.

Of course, maybe the book they are promoting now will also be a big seller. I can't imagine they will actually see much of the money though.

Quote Originally Posted by karna68 View Post
    I just don't think Jessa shows her emotions as much on camera, but I could be wrong.
    I think so too.... but she still doesn't seem that into him.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I will say Erin Bates is a very pretty young woman, but she strikes me as spoiled. A pink bedroom??? Yikes! I do think that her new husband and her are dying to get their hands all over each other.... their kiss looked smooth and they were eating each other with their eyes.
    Erin's hair is way too old for her. Why she needs a middle aged hair style I will never know. Wish I knew which hair spray she used cause I'd buy stock in the company, lol.

Do you recall a few seasons back when the Duggar girls talked about their hairstyles? Basically their hairstyles are based on what their daddy likes. Creepy, IMO. But, that's the way he wants them to wear their hair. It's like a throwback to the 80's. Did you see the episode where Michelle got a makeover? OMG. She looked 100% better. Her hair was done in a very current style. (She got proper makeup too.) It wasn't any shorter, just styled differently. Michelle smiled, but she didn't like it. She returned back to her current outdated style immediately.

I have read that people get stuck with a hairstyle or clothes style in the era that they feel they looked their best. I guess for Michelle is was the 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Do you recall a few seasons back when the Duggar girls talked about their hairstyles? Basically their hairstyles are based on what their daddy likes. Creepy, IMO. But, that's the way he wants them to wear their hair. It's like a throwback to the 80's. Did you see the episode where Michelle got a makeover? OMG. She looked 100% better. Her hair was done in a very current style. (She got proper makeup too.) It wasn't any shorter, just styled differently. Michelle smiled, but she didn't like it. She returned back to her current outdated style immediately.

I have read that people get stuck with a hairstyle or clothes style in the era that they feel they looked their best. I guess for Michelle is was the 80's.
    I also think that, as someone with naturally curly hair, its a pain to blow dry it out every single morning.... I just don't have the time.

+ Reply to Thread