+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree326Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

Re: The Duggar Family

There was discussion on the Teen Mom forum about compensation for the show. I'd be curious to know the Duggars arrangements. Is it one lump sum, is everyone paid individually, do Michelle & Jbob get the lion's share with the remainder adjusted per show? Curious. Any thoughts anyone?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Tapatalk
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

I don't know but I bet every time one of those kids turns 18, the contracts change. It's probably all in one big check paid to the parents until the kids become of age.

I know next to nothing about this stuff, but I would certainly ask that I receive my own paycheck when I turned 18, if I were them. God knows they have worked hard enough (on the show AND for the parents) to have their own money, and hopefully they aren't totally unaware of how to handle it. They didn't even have a say when they were little, their parents decided to put them on a show. It had to be sort of hard, cameras on them all the time while they work away for the parents in that big house, raising kids and cleaning and cooking, doing laundry....

I like to think that the kids get paid on their own when they turn 18. It would leave them open for other options such as getting an education if they wanted to.

I find myself wondering as I catch an episode here and there over the years, just how long this will continue to go on...seems like it's been a long time. I wonder if any money has been saved over the years, and what will happen when they no longer have a show.

Lilymax I'll bet Jbob can squeeze a nickel til it hollers. I just wonder if any of the kids stand up to him about the show money. My gut feeling is Jbob calls the shots for everyone. Might be different with a soninlaw & family though. After all, they'll be on the show occasionally as well. It could be however that TLC has a system in place for it.

Every time I think of Jbob at that stupid mini golf course my mouth falls open. Even Michelle seemed embarrassed but tried to put a good spin on it. The daughters may be pure but they're not idiots. I'll say it again, if Ben is only 18years old he is way too young to be involved in this. He's just a kid. What on earth are his parents thinking????

Debb70 likes this.

From what I have seen, it's likely that JB holds the money for everyone. Maybe all kids living at home sign waivers so dad gets all the money, even grandma! That would not surprise me. After all, females brains shouldn't be dealing with things like that......that's how they think.

Ben is young, but apparently, they think he's old enough to marry since they are allowing the courtship. I'm not sure Jessa is that keen on it. Did you notice the way Ben's dad was looking at Jessa and asking her what she thought when she first laid eyes on Ben? Sort o creepy, IMO. I thought Ben's mom was very nice and attractive. Do they really want their son on tv? That's all I can figure if you are pushing your son to marry at age 18 and just started community college.
    Jupiter likes this.

I think Ben has hormones raging and Jessa is gorgeous. Its a shame they can't just date. I guess courtship doesn't have to end in a marriage.... I just don't see the same light in their eyes that I am seeing with Jill and Derrick. They seem to be in tune with what they want to do with their lives, lots of mission work.
    Jupiter likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Jim Bob really skeeves me out this season *shudder*
    Jupiter likes this.

When I see him pawing all over Michelle, I can't forget how on previous episodes she has talked about his bad breath. lol She says he has a problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by karna68 View Post
    Jim Bob really skeeves me out this season *shudder*
    Its the "willies". Ewwwww.

karna68 likes this.

Have any of you heard of an associate of the Duggars who has been sued for keeping a young girl as a sex slave for years, since she was 15. Basically, convincing her what they were doing was okay. The man, Doug Phillips, resigned his position with his ministry, but he denies some of the girl's accusations. Here's an article about it. There's a formal apology from the board of elders from his former ministry, so there's some basis for it. I also read that Jill's fiance is the one who had introduced Phillips to the Duggars. I'm not sure about that though.

Pastor accused of ‘using nanny as sex object’

I'm going back to amend my post above. I found an article that says there is no proven connection between the Duggars and this man Doug Phillilps, except for religious matters. I wanted to make that clear. Here's the link.

Duggar family linked to Douglas Phillips lawsuit? Quiverfull lifestyle dissected - National Reality TV | Examiner.com

+ Reply to Thread