+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree492Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

Re: The Duggar Family

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I will say that Jill and Derrick seem really good together, not even having met. They seem to share the same passions.
    And per People Magazine, they are now officially engaged!

Quote Originally Posted by provenceguy View Post
    That was fast, but haven't they known each other for awhile? Like I said, they seem to be a good match.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by provenceguy View Post
    Yeah I was kinda ticked that we got spoiled like that. I know the show was filmed like 6 months ago or whatever but if they have a current season on air they shouldn't be putting things in the media we haven't seen yet!

From what I read, they are holding hands now.... maybe they didn't want to get seen and someone get the wrong idea??
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Jill and Derrick seemed ok to me, but Jessa and Ben appeared strained. Ben is only 18years old. Michelle literally gushes over weddings & new babies.
    She sometimes even seems jealous of the other younger girls & possible new babies.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Tapatalk
    Debb70 likes this.
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

I noticed the same thing about Michelle. She is still so focused on getting pregnant. She seems to have difficulty excepting that she isn't pregnant. Then with the daughters starting their own lives and getting pregnant. I don't how she is going to deal with it. I think it's a real mental problem.

Her identity is being pregnant or holding a newborn. Sad really. I also think the basis of that is attention seeking. I'm no professional, but I have always thought that Michelle and Jim Bob have a HUGE and unnatural addiction to attention. It's the main reason I think they got hooked on having so many kids. Regardless of what they say, I think it's about the attention.

.....and JimBob at the mini golf course. Good grief. "Does this turn you on?....." If I was the cameraman I would've got sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    .....and JimBob at the mini golf course. Good grief. "Does this turn you on?....." If I was the cameraman I would've got sick.

Oh, I know. JB acted like a horny teenager who was so happy he could get the candy and no one else could. Ooouuuuu....So juvenile. He doesn't understand that for most people, including his kids, the idea of him kissing and having sex with his wife is not appealing. He doesn't get it. lol

Of course Michelle would laugh and say this is what YOU get to do too when you're married! Most of the time Jessa was staring at the ground. How can they possibly think an 18 year old boy wants to witness that behavior.

Debb70 likes this.

Those two boggle the mind.

My kid was here over the weekend. She's 17. She's not really religious, although she did attend a private Baptist Academy when she was younger. Nobody in my family is/was Baptist although I did go to some Baptist churches when I was younger. I was searching but never found a church I felt at home in. Anyway, my daughter happened to catch a few minutes of the show and made the remark to me "those kids are so weird!" and I asked her how she perceived them to be weird, in what way. She couldn't really answer me and I thought about it and asked her if she meant that they seemed sort of zombie-like and robotic. She said yeah, that was part of it.

They seem very programmed to me. I don't know, maybe they don't like to talk too much about personal things so all that really comes out is the "party line". They seem like good kids, don't get me wrong, and there is nothing wrong in wanting your children to be well-behaved. I just can't stomach those two parents. They seem really off. Her, still wanting to be pregnant, her eyes almost glow with it like a fever. It gives me the heebies. Her husband, talking about courting and acting so childish himself that it makes me sick.

This Ben seems like a nice kid. I feel Jessa is probably the stronger willed of the two. I don't know why I just do. She's very pretty, but her lips are shaped in a way that makes her look like she has a smile constantly plastered on her face. It would be hard to really look at any of their faces and tell what they really feel about any given topic, and I find that a bit disturbing. But then they would probably always claim to feel exactly the way the parents have taught them to feel.

I'd much rather deal with my sometimes-overemotional, hormonal, rude teenager. She might be a handful right now, but she always gives me the straight up on how she feels about things.

+ Reply to Thread