+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree326Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Tire Toss Champion PIMguy's Avatar

Re: The Duggar Family

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    In tonight's episode, Michelle and Jim Bob go away for a marriage retreat in Puerto Rico. Jim Bob constantly reminds viewers that they will be having sex at every opportunity that he gets to talk. yuck! He also tells everyone they meet, in some joking way, that they have had sex. Way to go, Jim Bob, you scored with your wife of over 20 years! Who would have expected that, considering you have 19 kids together. He is such a douche! As a Christian man, he is completely inappropriate.
    I said it before, the show should just be called "We're Still Having Sex!" That's the thing that seems to be most important to Jim Bob, the kids are just a by-product.

I saw a little of that episode and just got a little sick. Really? You have to brag about how you and your wife are going to get it on....AGAIN.

And Michelle looked all sad about how they have been talking with other people who have adopted!!!!!!!!! So you can't have baby #20 so you are going to adopt. So sad.

I wonder why they can't follow their own rules and let God's will be the final say. That is always their motto. If God wants them to have another baby, then it will happen, only now, that it's not happening, God's will has to be manipulated. I wonder why they don't consider that God may be thinking they have enough kids.

The next scene has one of the older daughters talking about how it's not good to read romance novels, because it could put your mind to thinking improper thoughts. Forget the romance novel. All you need to get that lovin' feeling is an episode of 19 Kids and Counting. (Jim Bob and Michelle's get-a-way vacation is certainly to get your motor purring.) lol
    maude~flanders likes this.

I have to admit I find it refreshing to see such a fundamentalist couple admitting to having sex when so many people who aren't hyper-religious can't even talk about sex in general.

I also find it refreshing to see a couple with all those children still have having sex when I talk to couples day in and day out who have 1 or 2 kids and the wife just won't have sex anymore because she's always "too tired" and the man is thusly frustrated and cheating.

I kind of want to hold these people up as an example to all those couples in their hot messes and say dude they have 19 kids and still have sex I think you can find a minute here and there with only 1 or 2 kids to get it on.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

In tonight's episode, we learned that Josh and Anna are having another boy, so they will have one girl and two boys under the age of five. And, they are moving to Washington D.C. because Josh had a great job offer there, so it might get a little tough for Anna to deal with all of this by herself. Right now, she has a lot of help with the Duggar girls. Maybe they will find a church where there are other Gothard-ites who hero worship the Duggar family and will come in and help them. They had all of the kids record goodbye messages to the couple, so maybe they won't be filming them except when they visit.

In other news, Jim Bob and Josh had been doing a weight-loss competition for a few months and although Josh lost more weight, and the doctor said Josh did better in the second physical evaluation, somehow the physical trainer they hired proclaimed Jim Bob the winner. I guess he knows where his paycheck was coming from!

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Tire Toss Champion PIMguy's Avatar

I live near and work in DC and this area is going to eat them alive. I'm sure there are others like them in this area but it isn't as easy to isolate yourself from "the real world" here like it is where they come from. I'm curious what kind of job Josh has been offered here. Please don't take this as snobbery, but this is a high-powered city with a lot of (over) educated people working here. The last census shows 50.5% of people over 25 have a bachelor's degree or higher in DC vs. the number for the US which is 28.2%, and just 19.6% in Arkansas. Josh doesn't have a college degree so I'm wondering what type of job that doesn't require a college degree would pay enough to entice him to move his entire family out here. I'm assuming it is some type of lobbying job for a religious group but I don't know. Plus, the cost of living here is outrageous. My advice to him would have been not to do it. Must be one heck of a job.

I read that the job he was offered paid over $100,000.00 annually! I have no idea if that is true, but read it somewhere where the members follow the family very closely and seem to know everything about them.

That amount of money is not that much when you consider the costs of living and supporting a family of 5. I do think it would be beneficial for Josh and Anna to get away from Arkansas and gain some real independence.

I was engaged to guy from Silver Springs, MD and spent some time there. I LOVED it. There is so much to do and things happening all around. I hope they can take advantage of this and broaden their perspectives.

PIMguy, you are probably right about the type of job. One of the big fundy lobbyist groups is a good guess. The name Duggar means a lot in the Christian fundamentalist community.

Why does their name mean so much in the Christian fundamentalist community? Because they refuse to wear condoms? The ONLY reason this family is on tv is because of that fact.

Who cares about over crowding the planet? Who cares about leaving more than the appropriate footprint? I have never watched one episode of this show, and refuse to, simply because the fact that they don't get the bigger picture irritates the crap out of me. I see absolutely nothing positive about this family. Bleck!
    Debb70 likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Why does their name mean so much in the Christian fundamentalist community? Because they refuse to wear condoms? The ONLY reason this family is on tv is because of that fact.

Who cares about over crowding the planet? Who cares about leaving more than the appropriate footprint? I have never watched one episode of this show, and refuse to, simply because the fact that they don't get the bigger picture irritates the crap out of me. I see absolutely nothing positive about this family. Bleck!
    I like your avatar!

lol! I know, right? But, it's true. I'm in the homeschooling, fundy world and the Duggars are heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    I have to admit I find it refreshing to see such a fundamentalist couple admitting to having sex when so many people who aren't hyper-religious can't even talk about sex in general.

I also find it refreshing to see a couple with all those children still have having sex when I talk to couples day in and day out who have 1 or 2 kids and the wife just won't have sex anymore because she's always "too tired" and the man is thusly frustrated and cheating.

I kind of want to hold these people up as an example to all those couples in their hot messes and say dude they have 19 kids and still have sex I think you can find a minute here and there with only 1 or 2 kids to get it on.
    It's a little offensive to blame a tired mom for a cheating spouse. Marriage infidelity is a slightly more complicated than that. I might also point out that the mom with a couple of kids is more often than not holding down a job along with her parenting duties and not just sitting around waiting for her eggs to fertilize because it's God's will, or whatever. Plus, they don't have a brigade of grown children to care for the little ones. Just because a woman doesn't have kids in the double digits doesn't mean she always has enough energy to have her legs open at the end of a long day of work, childcare, chauffering, housework, etc.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread