+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree492Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

  1. #2041
    FORT Fogey causingchaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,917

    Re: The Duggar Family

    Usually I don't give much thought to the Duggars and their child rearing since we all do it differently and there are plenty of people with minimal children who raise them similarly. The adoption bothers me though.

    I know it's hard process and often expensive process to get a child from anywhere US or overseas. Some places do rigorous screening of adoptive families (some not as much) but it makes me mad a little bit to see single people struggle to get children or gay couples struggle to get children and they'll be raising these children in a relatively normal home (but society's standards). It would bother me to know that other worthy people just trying to get one child could get passed up just to give this family a child and then it bothers me because if I was a parent giving a child up for adoption I likely would have second and many more thoughts about it if I knew the child wasn't going to be placed into an extremist household.

  2. #2042
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    7,198

    Re: The Duggar Family

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I pray that there are screeing agencies in place to prevent Michelle and JB, from doing too much damage to any other innocent kids. That woman is truly addicted. I believe she will stop at nothing to get her another infant. I wonder if she knows it's difficult to get a newborn, like she prefers in adoption. Normally the child would be nearly a year old. That's about the time, Michelle passes them off to an older sister. I didn't see the show of them in China. Did they explain that to her?

    I wonder why she has to be so greedy. Let other people experience the blessings of babies. God has given them more blessings than most. I wish they would allow the older daughters in the family to be able to experience their own blessings from God, like having a little spare time to be a girl and not a homemaker and mother. I bet they would appreciate that kind of blessing. But no, Michellle is all about what she wants. I have never seen her put her children as a priority. It's all about her and JB.
    there are alot of kids in the system who would love to grow up in a home like that. It might not be ideal by our standards, but I would rather be a Duggar then grow up in a foster home, or going hungry. They are what they are, but there are worse fates out there. WE had a local story, 6 month old baby shot to death, sitting on her father's lap.... gang related, he is/was in a gang.... I'd take my chances with the Duggars!
    Last edited by libgirl2; 03-27-2013 at 08:59 PM.
    MsDiva2007 and coltnlasma like this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  3. #2043
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    384

    Re: The Duggar Family

    This is going to sound mean but I wish they'd started thinking about adoption about 15 kids ago.

    But if they do get to adopt (which I doubt they'll get to) they'll just work any girl they get like their own homegrown slaves. These people and their 18th century ideas really bother me. (As if no one could tell that)

  4. #2044
    FORT Fogey PA Snow Bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,096

    Re: The Duggar Family

    I don't know how much I would rather be raised by the Duggar clan especially if I were female given that they don't encourage the girls furthering their education. Then add to the fact that they are supposed to reproduce like rabbits.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

  5. #2045
    To the Point
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2,670

    Re: The Duggar Family

    I am definitely not a proponent of the Duggars or their lifestyle, especially in regards to children. That being said, I do agree that they would be preferable to a life of foster homes. Truthfully, if they were to adopt a baby or very young child, they would grow up with this being the only life they know. That makes a big difference. I really do hope that this will not happen. I think that all depends on where they are planning to pursue adoption. I'm really hoping it doesn't happen though.

  6. #2046
    Anarchist AJane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Charming
    Posts
    9,357

    Re: The Duggar Family

    Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    there are alot of kids in the system who would love to grow up in a home like that. It might not be ideal by our standards, but I would rather be a Duggar then grow up in a foster home, or going hungry. They are what they are, but there are worse fates out there. WE had a local story, 6 month old baby shot to death, sitting on her father's lap.... gang related, he is/was in a gang.... I'd take my chances with the Duggars!
    I don't disagree, but there are a lot of other choices besides crappy foster homes (I have, however, known some very good, well-meaning people who fostered children), criminal parents or religious fundamentalists who already have a great deal of offspring. I assume the Duggars are not looking to adopt a special-needs or behaviourally-challenged child (who are generally the ones who end up in the system) as they hardly have time to attend to their biological children. Anyway, no adoption service in their right mind would consider a family already that large for adoption. I hope.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

  7. #2047
    FoRTer
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,094

    Re: The Duggar Family

    I thought they might be considering adoption from the orphanage in China. I imagine coming home after a visit like that would leave you aching to do more, even down to an individual level like adoption. It sounds like a good thing.

  8. #2048
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    384

    Re: The Duggar Family

    Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    I am definitely not a proponent of the Duggars or their lifestyle, especially in regards to children. That being said, I do agree that they would be preferable to a life of foster homes. Truthfully, if they were to adopt a baby or very young child, they would grow up with this being the only life they know. That makes a big difference. I really do hope that this will not happen. I think that all depends on where they are planning to pursue adoption. I'm really hoping it doesn't happen though.
    That's my hope too.
    I'd rather see the parents take care of their own children and relieve the older girls of the responsibility of raising all of Mamma's babies.

  9. #2049
    FORT Fanatic lilymax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    685

    Re: The Duggar Family

    For pete's sakes! I'd like to see these "parents" begin to parent the children they've already brought into the world, rather than adopting another, no matter where from. How about they focus on the kids they still have who get farmed out to their "buddies" the minute they aren't nursing anymore?

    That would certainly make more sense to me. There's a lot they could do for the kids they already have, which they aren't doing now. I guarantee they wouldn't have the time to parent another baby if they just took some notice of the children they already have. There's something wrong with these two adults.

  10. #2050
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    384

    Re: The Duggar Family

    Quote Originally Posted by lilymax View Post
    For pete's sakes! I'd like to see these "parents" begin to parent the children they've already brought into the world, rather than adopting another, no matter where from. How about they focus on the kids they still have who get farmed out to their "buddies" the minute they aren't nursing anymore?

    That would certainly make more sense to me. There's a lot they could do for the kids they already have, which they aren't doing now. I guarantee they wouldn't have the time to parent another baby if they just took some notice of the children they already have. There's something wrong with these two adults.
    I can't find anything to disagree with in your common sense post.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.