+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree312Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

FORT Regular

Re: The Duggar Family

I feel terrible for the older girls as well. I try not to judge, but I can't help but feel like these kids (the older girls especially) are trapped.
    I often wonder how sheltered they are...I think being on the show as actually given them an opportunity to learn more about the world and life outside of their family. They travel a bit for promos and a few times they've traveled on the show as well. They must see other families and people and realize they aren't just abnormal because of the amount of kids are in the family.

I also don't get how they pay to support all these children. Can running a car lot really earn them that much money? I know they get money for the show too, but for the amount of kids they have it probably doesn't go very far. I heard that when they were in NYC recently for the Today Show, they went to McDonalds for lunch...their meal was just over $600!!!!!!! For ONE MEAL!!!! At a cheap restaurant no less!

Think about it this way, what will happen when Michelle can no longer get pregnant, will JimBob find another wife? I have serious problems with JimBob and I think time will tell how he really is?
    Starbucks880 likes this.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Think about it this way, what will happen when Michelle can no longer get pregnant, will JimBob find another wife? I have serious problems with JimBob and I think time will tell how he really is?
    EXACTLY.

Good and valid questions.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I may be the lone one but I like these people and they don't bug me other than the tater tot Casserole and cousin Amy,lol.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by alex2155 View Post
    I feel terrible for the older girls as well. I try not to judge, but I can't help but feel like these kids (the older girls especially) are trapped.
    I often wonder how sheltered they are...I think being on the show as actually given them an opportunity to learn more about the world and life outside of their family. They travel a bit for promos and a few times they've traveled on the show as well. They must see other families and people and realize they aren't just abnormal because of the amount of kids are in the family.

I also don't get how they pay to support all these children. Can running a car lot really earn them that much money? I know they get money for the show too, but for the amount of kids they have it probably doesn't go very far. I heard that when they were in NYC recently for the Today Show, they went to McDonalds for lunch...their meal was just over $600!!!!!!! For ONE MEAL!!!! At a cheap restaurant no less!
    They also own real estate that they get rent from ,as well as the home being a tax free church.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I've never watched this show, & have no intention of ever doing so, but of course I see stuff all the time about it/them, & sometimes I will read stuff about them. I gotta just shake my head in disbelief & disgust.
    I think it's ridiculous that they make the girls dress so extremely modestly so as for them not to be objectified, when in reality, they objectify them in their own way by basically ingraining it in them (through their lifestyle) that women are only good for reproducing & child care & household chores. Pretty laughable, but sad for these girls.
    And apparently the way they train their boys (again via lifestyle) is that boys are preferable to girls & therefore more important.
    Rubbish.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I don't have a problem with modest dressing. AT the library I work at I see too many personal things, men's boxers, bras, bellies, thong underwear....
    causingchaos and AZChristian like this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by holly71 View Post
    I've never watched this show, & have no intention of ever doing so, but of course I see stuff all the time about it/them, & sometimes I will read stuff about them. I gotta just shake my head in disbelief & disgust.
    I think it's ridiculous that they make the girls dress so extremely modestly so as for them not to be objectified, when in reality, they objectify them in their own way by basically ingraining it in them (through their lifestyle) that women are only good for reproducing & child care & household chores. Pretty laughable, but sad for these girls.
    And apparently the way they train their boys (again via lifestyle) is that boys are preferable to girls & therefore more important.
    Rubbish.
    Couldn't agree with you more.
    I wish NBC (I think that's the network that keeps having them on their morning show) would stop making a big fuss over them as though what the parents are doing to their children is not a perversion of how children should be raised to live and thrive in the 21st century.

As it is now these children are little more than slaves carrying out their parents' odd and dangerous to girls/women philosophy.
    holly71 and Debb70 like this.

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I pray that there are screeing agencies in place to prevent Michelle and JB, from doing too much damage to any other innocent kids. That woman is truly addicted. I believe she will stop at nothing to get her another infant. I wonder if she knows it's difficult to get a newborn, like she prefers in adoption. Normally the child would be nearly a year old. That's about the time, Michelle passes them off to an older sister. I didn't see the show of them in China. Did they explain that to her?

I wonder why she has to be so greedy. Let other people experience the blessings of babies. God has given them more blessings than most. I wish they would allow the older daughters in the family to be able to experience their own blessings from God, like having a little spare time to be a girl and not a homemaker and mother. I bet they would appreciate that kind of blessing. But no, Michellle is all about what she wants. I have never seen her put her children as a priority. It's all about her and JB.

+ Reply to Thread