+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree312Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

Re: The Duggar Family

Quote Originally Posted by PIMguy View Post
    This is a very interesting point. I know that many of the Duggars' beliefs don't align with widely accepted scientific facts (see the Creation Museum visit episode for example). Seems like it would be difficult for the Duggar kids to move on to main stream college (not bible college or religious studies) and succeed. I guess as parents we all have the right to make our kids as ignorant as we see fit.
    College for any of these kids...yeah right! All the girls are expected to get married and start popping out babies and the boys will all work at the family's used car lot!

FORT Fan

The be fruitful and multiply message that Jim-Bob likes to spread (so to speak) really turns me off. It seems to be the be all and end all of everything that they believe.

I am sick of them almost as much as I am sick of khate gosselin. When the heck did squatting a litter of kids make someone a "star" meanwhile we have teachers who bust their ass every day trying to make a difference in kids (who have had the crummiest of life situations) and we struggle to keep our homes.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I watched last night because I was sucked in by my DVR description that "Michelle has a surprise for the family". I should have known better- it was a new hairstyle (whoopee!). I thought the birthday surprises and clues they made and sent Michelle on were very sweet, but I have to wonder who paid for all of that? JimBob? I guess if you can afford a trip to Japan and China for the entire family than a makeover, hotel room, and coffee aren't all that expensive. I was also surpirsed that the little blurb at the bottom of the screen said Michelle and JimBob "only get 5 nights away from the children each year". Really? You have 19 kids and you still manage 5 nights away? My children are 9 and 14 and I think I have spent a TOTAL of 5 nights away from them their entire lives...and 2 of those nights were at an out of town funeral for a family member. I guess my husband and I don't get out much! After the look on JimBob's face (cue the 'bow-chicka-bow-bow' music) when he closed the hotel door on the camera crew, I wouldn't be surprised if #20 was on the way pretty soon...

ewww. yuck!

While I agree with the idea that we don't have the right to judge how other people choose to raise their families, I think if you expose your lives on television for a reality show, you can expect people to share their opinions on how you live.

The problem I have with the Duggars is how the older girls seem to be unpaid servants for the parents. I think something is gravely wrong with Michelle and Jim Bob. I think it's wrong to expect your older children to raise your younger ones, and we have seen Michelle for years now with these kids. She appears to have little to do with the day to day care of the younger ones once they reach a certain age and she is on to her next pregnancy and birth. Personally, I just think something is wrong with the parents. They creep me out.
    Starbucks880, tapper01 and Debb70 like this.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by wymama View Post
    Wow Josh works fast they will catch up to Mom if they don't watch it lol
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I agree with most of the comments on Jim Bob and Michelle. Something is not right there, though I do find Michelle to be charming most of the time and I can see why she may have fans. I do think most of her fans overlook what is really going on with her though. I suspect she has an addiction....to being pregnant.

I think it is their business as to how many kids they have, HOWEVER, you have to be able to raise and care for them. If you have to rely substantially on older siblings, then you're over the limit. Occasional babysitting and doing chores in the home is one thing, but to have a team of older girls living a life of childcare, house work, and education of the younger kids is just wrong, IMO. IT's so unfair. Those girls shouldn't have to live that life, unless they choose it. It's really the only life they know and is so sad to see. It's also sad that the younger kids seemed to bond with their sisters and not their mom. Michelle's focus on being pregnant and not in child rearing the ones she had, was quite obvious, though not to Michelle.

I suppose the one thing that has come out of this is that the kids have been able to travel the world and see other cultures. I do wonder if they will ever break free from their parents. Mind control can be very damagin, IMO.

It's been a couple of years since Michelle miscarried her last pregnancy. She claims she is always open to have another one. So, I guess it just hasn't happened. I suspect this must be very upsetting to her. I wonder how she is dealing with it. AND for Anna to be pregnant and her not pregnant must make the pain even worse. I hope she gets the help she may need.

A friend of mine told me it was Michelle who was pregnant, but he hadn't really read the whole article, wherever it was. I had read about Josh and Anna expecting another one so I told him and I think that's probably what he meant. I hope so. It would be just too weird if the older Duggars were preggo again. You'd think those older girls would stage a rebellion at some point.

But yeah, I hope Michelle gets help too. I think she must need it. But really, I am more concerned about her kids than I am about her.

I just read that Michelle says she and Jim Bob are trying to get pregnant...again. I wasn't surprised.

I'm trying to think about how I should try to say this without sounding as though I'VE completely lost MY mind . . .

I like Michelle. I like Jim Bob. I like ALL the Duggars.

Having said that . . .

ITA that there is SOMETHING that is NOT right between the ears about Michelle, or Jim Bob, and/or both.

I'm no psych or shrink, but it DOES seem to me that Michelle has some sort of addiction to being pregnant. I'm sorry, JMHO on what I've witnessed from them so far, they can talk about their religious principles from now 'til Christ comes again, I'm sorry, I'm not seeing it or understanding it.

And they say they're trying to get pregnant AGAIN?

OK.

Surprised?

No.

SMH and hoping somebody/something will come along to rescue those older girls.

A break-out, or kidnapping, if you will.

Problem is, they don't even realize that there's anything that they need to be broken or kidnapped OUT of.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread