+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree443Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion, Big Truck Adventure Champion, Tire Toss Champion, Little Protectors Champion PIMguy's Avatar

Re: The Duggar Family

It is interesting (to me anyway) that someone who preaches about living debt free makes or made a living off of debt-based businesses (auto sales, real estate, land leasing). I also think it is a bit disingenuous to point to the Duggars of today, with a 7,000 sq ft house on 20 acres, a nice RV, iPhones, trips, etc. and say "See, they do very well living debt free." Homeless people are debt free too, they just don't have a TV show.

Did anyone see the family on The Today Show recently demonstrating a family breakfast? It was so staged that it was embarrassing. Michelle admitted that the family normally does not have that kind of breakfast, but it made it different for a change. Jana was absent. It was kind of pitiful the way it seemed like they were begging for attention and admiration. (The parents, not the kids. They are helpless victims in all of it.) I went to the Today Show boards and man, people were very upset that NBC keeps having them as guests. I didn't see one positive post from any viewer. IT was overwhelmingly negative.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm915 View Post
    This is a woman who thrives on being pregnant, regardless of her religious belief. She has not nurtured her own children since she gave birth to the 5th child. She gives birth then hands it off to the oldest children to raise...then goes off and gets pregnant again. Their must be a medical name for this!
    Yes, it's called "hoarder".
    PA Snow Bunny and Debb70 like this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I think it's "bumpaholic."

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I think it's "bumpaholic."

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger View Post
    Yes, it's called "hoarder".
    I am going to make you come to the office & clean my monitor off!!!! Too funny!
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

You know I must be under some serious stress. It took me about 2 hours to get the content of the bumpaholic upthread. LOL Now I get it.
    Allie and AZChristian like this.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Has anyone seen the new season? I just saw an episode of a first birthday for Anna and Josh's son, Michael. I can't believe how old everyone is now! Plus, Michelle does not seem to be pregnant, but Anna is planning on popping out baby after baby and taking her place.

The thing that bugged me is that the older girls are in their twenties now, and none have gone on with their own lives. They are just squandering their lives as live-in nannies for their parents. I just want them all to move on and move out so that Michelle has to start raising her own kids.
    Debb70 likes this.

I didn't watch last season and I have only watched a part of one episode this season. I saw the family visiting Nashville, TN. They were at the Grand Ole Opry. I found that odd since they don't believe in listening to country music.

I did notice how old the kids seem to be now. I'm sure Michelle is very distraught to not be pregnant or have an infant by now.

I do feel sad that those children seem to be stuck in time and have no goals or activities save, traveling with their parents, caring for the family and being on their tv show. I wonder if they even have dreams of their own.

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    The thing that bugged me is that the older girls are in their twenties now, and none have gone on with their own lives. They are just squandering their lives as live-in nannies for their parents. I just want them all to move on and move out so that Michelle has to start raising her own kids.
    The upside is that their goals are getting married and having kids, so I'd rather see them wait as long as possible and not be married at 18. It is kind of sad though. Wasn't one of them training to be a mid-wife?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread