+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree242Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Re: The Duggar Family

I really dislike the Bates family and am unhappy they will have their own show. They do not have the likeability of the Duggars, and it really turns me off about all of the financial stuff and the hormones to keep the pregnancies. They are such hypocrites! Either you are leaving it in God's hands on whether or not you have a child, or you're not. You can't have it both ways, IMO.

The Duggar's, however, were financially fine before the show. It isn't just the real estate rentals, but Jim Bob also had some land that he sold for a lot of money. On top of that, he owned the car lot before he let Josh have it. They also have insurance through a Christian agency that works by everyone paying into it, and then it covers medical bills for whoever needs it. So, financially, the Duggars have been responsible because Jim Bob grew up very poor and worked his butt off to make sure to provide for his family.

Mr. Bates does not seem to have that same drive and obviously have no problem taking from society and even his children. I am glad that the Bates family will be making money from TLC so that the children will not suffer anymore for the stupidity of their parents.
    ButterflyFaery and KatesMom like this.

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    I really dislike the Bates family and am unhappy they will have their own show. They do not have the likeability of the Duggars, and it really turns me off about all of the financial stuff and the hormones to keep the pregnancies. They are such hypocrites! Either you are leaving it in God's hands on whether or not you have a child, or you're not. You can't have it both ways, IMO.

The Duggar's, however, were financially fine before the show. It isn't just the real estate rentals, but Jim Bob also had some land that he sold for a lot of money. On top of that, he owned the car lot before he let Josh have it. They also have insurance through a Christian agency that works by everyone paying into it, and then it covers medical bills for whoever needs it. So, financially, the Duggars have been responsible because Jim Bob grew up very poor and worked his butt off to make sure to provide for his family.

Mr. Bates does not seem to have that same drive and obviously have no problem taking from society and even his children. I am glad that the Bates family will be making money from TLC so that the children will not suffer anymore for the stupidity of their parents.
    Just look at how the Duggars have been living... they've been in that big house quite a long time now... the Bates' house looked small and bad... not much too it. The kids beds in the attic? They are lucky the Duggars helped them add on to their home. I also think they look dirt poor too, while the Duggars, even when the show first started looked put together. I never could see how they were all friends. Maybe I see more into the Duggars?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I'm sure they got to be friends through the homeschooling that both families do. They are part of a community of people who use a man named Bill Gothard's homeschooling program (it is a complete lifestyle), and they probably met at the required yearly conventions. Also, I would bet that both families were involved in the Quiverful movement together - another Bill Gothard thing. So, they probably became friends when they saw how similar the families are. If you look up information on Bill Gothard's homeschooling teachings, you will see exactly everything about the Duggars. Their family has been by-the-book Gothardites since they had that miscarriage after Josh. So are the Bates's.

It was very lucky for the Bates family to have the good fortune of knowing the Duggars. You know the Duggars paid for their home expansion, and have been trying to get them their own show.

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    It was very lucky for the Bates family to have the good fortune of knowing the Duggars. You know the Duggars paid for their home expansion, and have been trying to get them their own show.
    why does it feel to me that the Bates are taking advantage of the Duggars? Not that the Duggars would feel that way....
    maude~flanders likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    why does it feel to me that the Bates are taking advantage of the Duggars? Not that the Duggars would feel that way....
    My take on it is that both sets of parents, especially Mrs. Bates and Mrs. Duggar are obsessed with attention. They seem to thrive on it. So, what brings even more attention to a mom with 19 kids, than two families together who have a bunch of kids? Double the attention even. That's one theory. Plus, I think the Bates need an extra income. The reality show biz is one way to go.

I don't like the Bates family something shady and phoney about them
    maude~flanders likes this.

So did anyone watch the Bates last night? I only caught a few minutes, but wasn't impressed.

Oh, I didn't watch. Were they on the Duggar's show, or did their own show start? I've been holding off on watching the Duggars lately because of the miscarriage. I will watch again once they get to that part.
    So, how was it?
    My opinion on the Bates family is everything bad that people think of the Duggars. They epitomize the Gothard movement. The father is the ultimate boss of everything, ruling over every aspect of all of their lives, all while not being able to support his family. The oldest daughter should be long gone and married, but she is kept home to raise the children, and I don't see very educated children, so I believe they are lacking in that aspect as well.

Michelle and Jim Bob introduced the show, then there was some folksy music playing. They showed off their home, talked about each of the kid's special talents and/or personalities, and their love of music. I will say thie kids are talented musically. That was all I really saw, probably 10 minutes or less in total. I still find them creepy.

FORT Fan

Didn't they put the oldest girls occupation as "homemaker". Rather strange, just imagining telling my parents at that age I'm becoming a homemaker and then staying home. I think the more suitable title would be "nanny". I guess they think there's nothing wrong with it as thats what she'll end up doing anyway.
    Debb70 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread