+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree312Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

Re: The Duggar Family

I have seen the Bates appear as guests on the Duggar's shows for awhile, but it wasn't until I saw a CBS special about them that I was totally turned off. It revealed a lot about them that made it clear how clueless they were. I won't go into details here, but IMO they are more irresponsible than the Duggars.

The Bates parents are just as obsessed with procreating than Michelle Duggar. And the dad cannot afford groceries for the family. He has to rely on his older children to buy the groceries. He admitted this. His son said he didn't mind.

And they cannot afford medical care. Dad said they have no insurance so they just rely on going to the ER. He said they have to treat you there, even if you don't have the money.

Mom has a male doctor who gives her free prenatal treatment. She's fortunuate to have that, but if there are complications, they are not covered. I just find pushing to have more than 18 kids really bizarre if you are in their shoes, but now they will have a heafty income from TLC. Oh, mother Bates admits that she has to get hormone injections to save her pregnancies. It was just very eye opening.

As I said, regardless of what we think of the Duggars, they have always seemed to pay their way. From what I have read, they pay their own health insurance, they pay their own bills and Jim Bob has made many real estate transactions that have supported the family throughout the years.
    ButterflyFaery likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I don't dispute any financial claim by the Duggars, but there is no proof that they are financially independent. I strongely suspect that without the money from TLC for their tv show, they would have taken a big hit with the real estate crisis a few years ago. They claimed Jim Bob's business was commercial real estate rentals. Well, commercial real estate took a big hit. Without peddling their family on tv to display every personal crisis and all the drama, they would be hurting for money, IMO And, the free labor they get from the older girls doing housework, cooking, child care, teaching, etc. really saves them on their overhead. I suppose they can make it, since they don't pay salaries like the girls would get if they had a real employer.

I feel that all the money in the world does not give parents the right to neglect or impose upon their kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I don't dispute any financial claim by the Duggars, but there is no proof that they are financially independent. I strongely suspect that without the money from TLC for their tv show, they would have taken a big hit with the real estate crisis a few years ago. They claimed Jim Bob's business was commercial real estate rentals. Well, commercial real estate took a big hit. Without peddling their family on tv to display every personal crisis and all the drama, they would be hurting for money, IMO And, the free labor they get from the older girls doing housework, cooking, child care, teaching, etc. really saves them on their overhead. I suppose they can make it, since they don't pay salaries like the girls would get if they had a real employer.

I feel that all the money in the world does not give parents the right to neglect or impose upon their kids.
    True, the market is not doing well and they are making a lot of money with the show, appearances, books etc.... I am sure that is why the Bates are going that route.

FORT Fan

Yuck, they are like Duggar clones. The mother even has the same crazy smiling look on her face. I wonder if TLC are planning on getting rid of the Duggars because its practically the same show.

I cannot forget the visit that the Bates parents made to Michelle when she was in the hospital after having Josie and Josie was so very tiny and not well at all. Mrs. Bates seemed to push her opinion that no matter how sick the child, you keep trying for more. No matter how risky it is, keep going for more kids. It was rather rude and inconsiderate IMO, and her timing was off. That was a real indication of just how obsessed Mrs. Bates was with pregnancy. It actually appeared worse than Michelle's. Who talks to a woman who just almost died and whose child is near death that way? This coming from a woman who admits she has no means of healthcare for herself if not for the kindness of a local doctor and that she CANNOT maintain a pregnancy without hormone treatment. (I guess he provided that free too.) It boggles the mind IMO.

I cannot forget the visit that the Bates parents made to Michelle when she was in the hospital after having Josie and Josie was so very tiny and not well at all. Mrs. Bates seemed to push her opinion that no matter how sick the child, you keep trying for more. No matter how risky it is, keep going for more kids. It was rather rude and inconsiderate IMO, and her timing was off. That was a real indication of just how obsessed Mrs. Bates was with pregnancy. It actually appeared worse than Michelle's. Who talks to a woman who just almost died and whose child is near death that way? This coming from a woman who admits she has no means of healthcare for herself if not for the kindness of a local doctor and that she CANNOT maintain a pregnancy without hormone treatment. (I guess he provided that free too.) It boggles the mind IMO.
    That is what bothers me, so he doesn't make BC but he makes the hormone shots..... leave it up to God, but have man intervene with the hormones? Or maybe God does both?
    Debb70 likes this.

FORT Fogey

It sickens me that this Bates woman is getting free hormone treatment to maintain her pregnancies, when she has so many children, and many couples cannot afford these services to have just one baby. Has anyone else thought of it that way?
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain View Post
    It sickens me that this Bates woman is getting free hormone treatment to maintain her pregnancies, when she has so many children, and many couples cannot afford these services to have just one baby. Has anyone else thought of it that way?
    I don't understand it. I suspect that many of these people who are so obsessed with unlimited pregnancies make the rules up as they go along to suit their purpose. I think they are obsessed with the pregancies and then their beliefs are molded to suit their desires.

I just wish I knew why God would give mommie unlimted blessings of infants, but yet never give the child as it grows the blessing of having real attention and time from its mother. Sister's are great, but don't the older babies need mommie time too? It's all about what makes mommie happy and not about the child's welfare after it leaves the infant phase.

I don't understand it. I suspect that many of these people who are so obsessed with unlimited pregnancies make the rules up as they go along to suit their purpose. I think they are obsessed with the pregancies and then their beliefs are molded to suit their desires.

I just wish I knew why God would give mommie unlimted blessings of infants, but yet never give the child as it grows the blessing of having real attention and time from its mother. Sister's are great, but don't the older babies need mommie time too? It's all about what makes mommie happy and not about the child's welfare after it leaves the infant phase.
    I think that happens to many people such as this. Let God do his will for somethings and not others.....

+ Reply to Thread