+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree325Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: The Duggar Family

She'll be hitting menopause soon, and at 45 she is probably already in peri-menopause. That will be the natural end of childbearing for her. In the meantime, I think her baby-making behind is writing checks her worn out uterus can't cash. Mother Nature gets the final say. And, since that's the way creation works, I guess you could call that God's will.

after her last two pregnancies, it's hard to believe that her husband (much less her doctor!) would encourage her to keep trying for yet another high risk pregnancy. I do understand her conviction to obey what she thinks is the will of God. But I also question her judgement, if not her sanity. It seems to me that she sees procreation as her main purpose in life, and that motherhood is much further down on her list of priorities.

That may seem judgmental and harsh. But, I ask you: did you have to make an appointment 2 weeks in advance to talk to your parents?
    sclilred1 and Debb70 like this.

I would think that a doctor/wife/medical caregiver would advice AGAINST having another baby. But I gues you can find anyone to tell you anything.....

Quote Originally Posted by CenturyRand View Post
    I would think that a doctor/wife/medical caregiver would advice AGAINST having another baby. But I gues you can find anyone to tell you anything.....
    I have seen 2-3 Ob/GYN's on tv, when asked about Michelle's situation, say it is very risky to try another pregnancy, considering the factors that are public knowledge. They stop short of saying she's out of mind to continue with it, but you can tell they are shocked any thinking human would continue.

I guess Michelle finds her a doctor who is not afraid of the high risk for her and the baby.

Yes she will find a doctor/midwife who will tell her what she wants to hear. She is a huge community who believe to have a lot of kids. Fine - but really, Michelle......you are how old? You need to stop. Your health is already at risk.

And I am someone who actually LIKES Jim Bob. He just loves Michelle so much and still looks at her with love in his eyes. Not bad! I know I am in the minority.....but hey he seems to just worship her.

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Tire Toss Champion PIMguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CenturyRand View Post
    And I am someone who actually LIKES Jim Bob. He just loves Michelle so much and still looks at her with love in his eyes. Not bad! I know I am in the minority.....but hey he seems to just worship her.
    Then he should stop trying to kill her.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I have seen 2-3 Ob/GYN's on tv, when asked about Michelle's situation, say it is very risky to try another pregnancy, considering the factors that are public knowledge. They stop short of saying she's out of mind to continue with it, but you can tell they are shocked any thinking human would continue.

I guess Michelle finds her a doctor who is not afraid of the high risk for her and the baby.
    Honestly, my feeling is that her doctor probably has cautioned her that any future pregnancies are risky. I just don't think she cares. Her attitude is that it is God's decision and God will decide when enough's enough. So on that one, she is not going to listen to doctors. The part that bugs me is that I feel like she is not acting like a good mother - in that she is risking her own life. To care more about the children you have yet to have, then the ones that you already have, is the ultimate act of selfishness. And she may feel like that should be left up to God too. I say that is nothing more than a cop-out. Anyone heard the joke about the man drowning and asking God to save him? A fisherman comes by in a boat and tries to rescue him, but he says he is waiting for God to save him. This happens two more times with two more fisherman. Well, the man drowns. When he gets to God and says "why didn't you save me?", God says "who do you think sent you the three boats??" Seriously, could it ever reach her mind that maybe God is the one guiding her doctors and everyone else in telling her enough is enough??
    ClosetRTWatcher and sclilred1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Anyone heard the joke about the man drowning and asking God to save him? A fisherman comes by in a boat and tries to rescue him, but he says he is waiting for God to save him. This happens two more times with two more fisherman. Well, the man drowns. When he gets to God and says "why didn't you save me?", God says "who do you think sent you the three boats??"

I like that! I think I will tell my good friend who's extremely religious husband is of the mind "God will provide" and it is destroying their 20 year marriage. Thanks for sharing.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Yeah, I like it too. The other one, which is very similar, is that God can move mountains, but you still need to bring a shovel!! God provides you with information and opportunities, but he also gave you two ears, two legs, two arms and a brain - so sometimes you actually have to LISTEN and MOVE in order to take advantage of what He has provided.
    Photobabe likes this.

My theory has always been that God gave me a brain and expects me to use it. I think Michelle and Jim Bob needs to start using theirs.
    dagwood and sclilred1 like this.

They are probably all of the feeling that even if Michele dies in childbirth then that is "God's Will" and and that Michelle will be in Heavan and all will be well. Not trying to stir it up with religion (they talk about it enough their show) but I honestly think this is their line of thinking.....

+ Reply to Thread