+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 229 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969119 ... LastLast
Like Tree326Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

Re: The Duggar Family

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;3260119;
    More conservative Mennonites drive cars but they are black in color, and the chrome is either removed or painted black. I am distantly related to some Mennonites in Indiana, but they wear regular clothes and drive regular cars. They blend in with the non-Mennonite population.
    True Mennonite's do not wear "normal" clothes. They wear very conservative clothing (like the Bates), but they have no restrictions on colors.

They also have phones and allow their picture to be taken for family (but generally not for strangers).

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3260445;
    True Mennonite's do not wear "normal" clothes. They wear very conservative clothing (like the Bates), but they have no restrictions on colors.

They also have phones and allow their picture to be taken for family (but generally not for strangers).
    My ex-boyfriends family doesn't allow their pictures to be taken. His brother, sister n law and nephews are still "with the church" as he puts it and when he goes to visit them he & his mom have to sit at a different table as them for meals since they left the religion.

Really, JustJuls? That's terrible.

When we visit our family in Indiana, they don't make us sit separately, and we've taken pictures of them (though they did make it a point to mention that they remain private). Maybe the rules depend on the deacons?

Yeah, it is terrible. Except... I (and anyone else) can sit at the table with them. Its just that him and his mom left the church so
    they "disgraced" the family by doing so. Its rediculous!

Btw...sorry for all the off topic!
    Last edited by JustJuls; 12-31-2008 at 09:48 PM.

FORT Newbie

I saw a bit of the episode where Michelle was talking to one of the producers (not too sure about who she was talking to actually) with 2 children on her knee. It was so obvious that the little girl was craving Mom's attention! Climbing all over Mom, the floor and back to Mom again! Michelle, using a low key voice approach tried to get the child to settle but no go. The child just wanted Mommy. Seeing this makes me wonder how all these children get the attention they need from Mom.. Sure, they are paired up with a "buddy" from the older siblings, but that isn't a substitute for mom. Every child need that special attention from Mom and Dad. I don't see how she can have the time.

Another thing I wonder about...are they home schooled to keep them away from bad influences?

Quote Originally Posted by angela54;3261318;
    I saw a bit of the episode where Michelle was talking to one of the producers (not too sure about who she was talking to actually) with 2 children on her knee. It was so obvious that the little girl was craving Mom's attention! Climbing all over Mom, the floor and back to Mom again! Michelle, using a low key voice approach tried to get the child to settle but no go. The child just wanted Mommy. Seeing this makes me wonder how all these children get the attention they need from Mom.. Sure, they are paired up with a "buddy" from the older siblings, but that isn't a substitute for mom. Every child need that special attention from Mom and Dad. I don't see how she can have the time.
    I wouldn't see it that way. She's a toddler. Toddler's climb - over EVERYTHING. People, furniture, toys, outside equipment.

And Michelle was being filmed, the toddler wanted to draw attention to themself. That's typical toddler behavior.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3261372;
    I wouldn't see it that way. She's a toddler. Toddler's climb - over EVERYTHING. People, furniture, toys, outside equipment.

And Michelle was being filmed, the toddler wanted to draw attention to themself. That's typical toddler behavior.
    This is true. How many times have we all seen a 30 second news clip where a reporter is interviewing an adult holding a child and said child grabs at the reporters mic?

And ALL children want to be the center of the Moms attention. JimBob Duggar is included with the ALL.

Right. But how much time do you think Michelle has for each child daily? Like on an individual basis. It can't be much.

That one little one, Joy-Anna maybe or Jennifer, I don't know. Anyway she's a real brat. When they were in central park Michelle had a talking to with her about her screaming "no!" and they've showed other bratty moments as well.

Quote Originally Posted by karna68;3261706;
    That one little one, Joy-Anna maybe or Jennifer, I don't know. Anyway she's a real brat. When they were in central park Michelle had a talking to with her about her screaming "no!" and they've showed other bratty moments as well.
    That would be Johanna. The youngest four are Jackson, Johanna, Jennifer, and now Jordyn. Joy Anna is older - like 12 or something.

I know the first three (Josh, Jana & John-David) and the last four. All the middle ones... forget it!

+ Reply to Thread