+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree325Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

Re: The Duggar Family

Based on my viewing of the show from day one, I will say that nothing will convince Michelle that it's not safe to continue with pregnancies. Because of her obsession, common sense principles make no sense and hold no water to her, because in her mind, God is able to overcome any risks AND it's not her decision to make. She must continue as long as she is alive. That is the position she has demonstated from day 1.

I'm not certain which came first. Was it her faith that causes her to want unlimited babies or her desire for unlimited babies that led her to her faith. I personally suspect that she found a faith that supported her unusual hunger for multiple children and I think the hunger for so many babies came as a result of ATTENTION OBSESSION. I don't mean that in an ugly way, but in a serious, sympathetic way. (I actually like Michelle and find her quite good hearted and charming.) Women can manifest this insatiable appetite for attention in many ways, including Munchausen (sp?) By Proxy, hypochondria, etc. They are recognizable conditions. I only hope that Michelle gets any treatment she needs before she loses her life.

(No, I am not saying she has any of the conditions above. I have no evidence of that. What I do have is plenty of evidence that she constantly puts herself as the center of attention. She has done this since the show started.)
    Last edited by Debb70; 12-14-2011 at 12:38 PM.
    Starbucks880 likes this.

Deb, I think you are saying she's just an attention whore...like every single other reality contestant.

Which, btw, I wholeheartedly agree with. I don't care how "religious" she wants to portray herself as - she's no different from the rest.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

There is something really disturbing about Michelle. I find myself agreeing with some of the Duggars' strongest critics who concede that Michelle Duggar is a mentally ill "baby collector" who loses interest in each child after it leaves infancy. Having watched enough of the shows, I think her bond with the older children is tenuous, at best. The older daughters are the real mothers in this family.

To state it baldly, the Duggars are unable to care for their children. Yet, the Duggars indicate that they want a twentieth child (and as many more as "God wills them to have"). They will continue to neglect/enslave their older children in order to do this.

There can be no rational justification for what they are doing. I would call it brutal but for the fact that I think Michelle Duggar is mentally ill, as in batsh*t crazy. Jim Bob was lucky to find her.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 12-14-2011 at 01:29 PM.

Well, I thought I had seen it all. They have repeatedly asked for privacy and yet they have pictures of their deceased fetus shown at the funeral and now on line. I was not looking for them but saw them mentioned on another site. Granted it is just a tiny hand and foot, but in my opinion, I just find it too much. And all of these interviews with People magazine. I am beginning to think these people are seriously disturbed.
    Debb70 likes this.

Fort Member

I am at a loss for words. Taking the pictures was odd enough, having a reminder of what was not, would just prolong the sadness for me
    But to share the photo's and put them on twitter?
    Maybe (as alot of you have pointed out) this is the way to prolong the attention she craves by reminding everyone of what was lost, but it certainly isn't something a normal person who has miscarried would do
    Debb70 likes this.

Funerary pictures used to actually be quite common and not just of a hand or foot. For some people it is still common to take pictures of deceased babies etc. I don't find that odd at all. People actually collect the antique pictures even if they're not of relatives. I also know more the one person that has had a picture taken with a deceased premature baby or still born baby as well. It is part of the coping.

Posting them online maybe not so normal.
    KatesMom, Debb70 and Poppy Fields like this.

I think because of their beliefs that she was a baby not a "fetus" they did this. Think of pro-life pictures you see, even the most extreme. The point to get across is that this was a human being from the moment of conception. The believe strongly in that.

Would I have done that? No... but I am not surprised that they did.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

According to what I have read on People's website....

The Duggars also contacted the nonprofit organization Now I Law Me Down To Sleep, which helps families deal with the miscarriage and loss of their babies, to take photos the family could keep and use at the memorial service. Some of those photos have been released without Jim Bob and Michelle's consent, according to a spokesperson for the family, and were intended for private use only.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

The photo I saw was posted on Twitter by a family member, and then distributed to hundreds of people who attended the memorial service. I don't buy the story that they were intended for private use. Unless the Duggars define "private use" differently than I do.

I find this new "tradition" (and the photos themselves) beyond gruesome. In no way does it comport with the old tradition of taking a formal portrait of the deceased. This was a second trimester fetus who never saw the light of day. Apparently, like every one else in the Duggar family, fetuses are permitted 0 expectation of privacy.

Those are Michelle's fingers in the photo. I think she is truly obsessed.

Duggar_Memorial_Photos_0006_Layer_1_full.jpg
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 12-15-2011 at 11:45 AM.
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    The photo I saw was posted on Twitter by a family member, and then distributed to hundreds of people who attended the memorial service. I don't buy the story that they were intended for private use. Unless the Duggars define "private use" differently than I do.

I find this new "tradition" (and the photos themselves) beyond gruesome. In no way does it comport with the old tradition of taking a formal portrait of the deceased. This was a second trimester fetus who never saw the light of day. Apparently, like every one else in the Duggar family, fetuses are permitted 0 expectation of privacy.

Those are Michelle's fingers in the photo. I think she is truly obsessed.

Attachment 28210
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This has now left the realm of sick and gone into morbid. Something is really disturbed with a mother who wants to share such sacred and private moments with the public. This would be for the immediate family only. How pathetic. Somebody needs to get this woman some help.

+ Reply to Thread