+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree242Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

Re: The Duggar Family

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Something about what happened with Josie. She had a tear or a cut in her uterus, so the doctor said she needs a scheduled c-section (read no labor contractions) this time.
    thing is ....is this is her 5th or 6th c-section well above what is recommended by doctors...I had 3 children all delivered by c-section and it is major surgury and the doctors told me then they don't like women having over 2 of them as it is..it can easily cause more complications and endager the mother's health..far be it for me to judge what this couple decided to do but I would think that if for Michelles' health if for no other reason they would stop and spend time with and enjoy the children they already have and their two grand children

that tear was a placentail abruption where the placenta pulls away for the uterian wall..it happened to me on my first pregnancy..I was 21 years old a teachers aide for 2nd graders and all of a sudden I felt this gush which i thought was my water breaking to look down and see my pink pants turning red and scaring 24 6 to 8 yr olds to death
    Last edited by ButterflyFaery; 11-09-2011 at 01:45 AM.
    Debb70 likes this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Newbie

OK, I watched the show tonight, and some things are still sticking in my craw. Michelle talked about there being no greater love than a man who'd die for his friends. She feels the same way about her unborn baby. She'd be willing to give her life for that baby. So she'd die for an unborn baby, but she won't lay down her reproductive life for the kids she's already had. I just don't get it. That to me is scary. And then, Jana, I believe, said they'd been praying that Michelle'd have another baby. Doesn't that fly in the face of leaving it up to God? To specifically pray for a baby?

Also, does anyone else think Josh is reconsidering having a lot of kids? His words seemed more to me than mere lip-service to being ok with only a few kids.

This is such a sad situation for everyone, but especially, I think, the older girls. I've been reading a lot of blogs of people who came out of the quiverfull and/or ATI movements, and their truths were hard to read. What a bleak life, and one that the Duggars have set up making it hard for their girls to escape. Just sad.
    Debb70 likes this.

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion PIMguy's Avatar

I thought it was funny on the show last night how Jim Bob said self control is one of the most important things in life. I believe he was talking about not yelling at his kids (I kind of tune out during JB's sermons) but I couldn't help laughing at the fact that a man with 19.33 kids is lecturing me on self control.
    Debb70 likes this.

Maybe they only do this until she gets pregnant then stops during the pregnancy (yeah and I am the pope)
    There's no place like home!

I thought it was interesting in last week's episode where they went to Habitat for Humanity to help build houses and Michelle didn't go because Josie wasn't feeling well. JimBob said (insert older girl's name here) stayed home with Michelle to help with Josie. Really? She couldn't handle ONE child by herself for a few days?
    Debb70 likes this.

I missed most of the show, did anyone say how far along she is? I saw the part where JimBob showed a picture of something (could not see what it was) and said this is your mothers new baby (something like that)
    There's no place like home!

I'm just floored that they are having another child. There are so many children out there that need a loving home, why not start adopting? They could really make a difference for some kid(s) out there. Frankly, I think they are doing it just to get their names out there. The only time I ever hear anything about them is when Michele or her daughter in law get knocked up. I don't watch the show..I tried a couple of times but I don't approve of how the older children are made to do more for the younger ones than the parents actually do. They should have to help out a little bit but it's not their job to raise their siblings.

I wonder how many of the girls will actually want kids of their own after raising several already.

The clown car jokes I've been reading totally crack me up.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Unless they were attempting to adopt privately, I cannot imagine that the Duggars' home would be considered an acceptable environment by their state/local agencies. Their children are used as full-time unpaid laborers and are deliberately under-educated to ensure that the option to leave is never really on the table.
    Debb70 likes this.

The youngest child, Josie, who was such a preemie, is still not out of the woods yet. I don't know why people keep reporting that. I guess it's because the Duggar parents tell them that. Michelle said from day one that Josie was not to be exposed to crowds for 2 years after birth. Of course, the parents ignored that warning and have taken her all over.

On their recent trip to Israel, Josie became quite ill and was hospitalized. Michelle and an older daugther stayed behind with her in the hosptial and later a doctor from Israel accompanied Josie back on the fight home. I don't call that a child who is just fine. She continues to have breathing issues that put her in the hospital and the parents tell the media, she's just fine. Please.(Josie also suffered a seizure, on a recent episode of their show and was hospitalized then. The child has medical issues, but Michelle and Jim Bob will not admit that, because it would hinder there argument they should contine having more kids. They live in a dream world. I do pray that Josie does do fine, but it is clear that Michelle will let NOTHING interfere with her continued pregnancies; not even their existing child.

The hospital in Israel had a photo of the doctor, Josie, Michelle and the other daugther on their website. I'll see if I can locate the link.
    Last edited by Debb70; 11-09-2011 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Maybe they only do this until she gets pregnant then stops during the pregnancy (yeah and I am the pope)
    Unfortunately, captain, they don't - and sad that I know this. There was an episode when they were going through their birthing class and they were asked to speak a bit, since they had been through it so many times. JB was talking about one of the best things you can do for your wife is to "love on" her - followed by Michelle saying that sex close to the end is actually good and can help soften the lining, or something like that?
    Debb70 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread