+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree360Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

FORT Newbie

Re: The Duggar Family

OMG. I really thought Josie was going to be the last. While I truly hope this pregnancy ends w/ a healthy baby and a still-alive Michelle, I just can't believe they're doing this again. My heart goes out to the older girls who will now inherit yet another sib to parent.
    Debb70 likes this.

I can believe it. It is part of the "Quiverfull" movement to "keep an open womb". She will never stop until she is infertile or dies. It's sad.
    Debb70 likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Ok, Duggar family, we get it....you still enjoy an active sex life despite all these years being married and you're as fertile as rabbits. No need to rub it in to us single people who have no children.

Personally, I don't know how a couple could possibly have that many children and give each one adequate attention. Shoot, I'd probably have trouble remembering that many names! I'd have to call all of them "hey you, kid!" when I needed to talk to them. Maybe they all wear name badges around the house, like the ones you see at conventions that say "Hi! I'm ...." with a blank space to write in your name.
    Debb70 likes this.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

She's having a C-section this time. I'm not sure why. After 19 kids, she could just stand the right way when it's time and that baby will just FALL out. :
    JavaJo, Debb70 and jenniferboston1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile View Post
    I can believe it. It is part of the "Quiverfull" movement to "keep an open womb". She will never stop until she is infertile or dies. It's sad.
    It's like a puppy mill for people!
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    She's having a C-section this time. I'm not sure why. After 19 kids, she could just stand the right way when it's time and that baby will just FALL out. :
    Something about what happened with Josie. She had a tear or a cut in her uterus, so the doctor said she needs a scheduled c-section (read no labor contractions) this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    You are so right. One of these times her uterus is going to fall out too.
    I don't even watch this show because I find it ridiculous for anyone to have that many children (try adopting next time Duggars) But every time Michelle gets pregnant it's headline news.

First let me address where she would get income if something happened to Jim Bob, Social Security check. How much they would allow I don't know but I am sure it would be a nice lump sum. Second my greatest concern is her having a downs syndrome baby.......great risk at her age.

I don't think there will ever be a tell all book from the kids and if there is I'll be the first to eat crow. I truthfully think there days as a reality tv conglomerate will be numbered because there are only so many times you can tell the same story ie: birth of a child. They are a very bland plain family and the only reason they are on tv is because of the number of kids they have otherwise they aren't interesting at all. SHe makes me tired having all those kids.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

I don't know if she had fertility treatment or not. Her good friend Mrs. Bates gets hormones to enable her to carry her babies (she's pregnant with no. 19 now), so I know she is familar with fertility treatments. I can't imagine she would admit to it, if she did have fertility treament. What mad doctor would HELP her get pregnant. I can't imagine any doctor wanting her as a patient either.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I read the People article. Two things really struck me the wrong way, given everything I have seen people post here. First, they note that she is really working to take care of herself physically this time - she is eating right and she gets on the elliptical for an hour every day. Second, she is making sure she gets her rest - she takes naps every day. I'm sure you can all see where I'm going with all this. I fully believe that a pregnant woman should take care of herself while pregnant. But you have 18 kids at home! I guess what really irritates me is that it just reinforces that she does not parent these children. She carries them, births them, takes care of them as long as they are nursing and then turns them over to her daughters to raise them. It just really rubbed me the wrong way.
    I wonder if her older girls are allowed to go on an elliptical for an hour a day and take a nap? I would bet not! They have too much work to do, raising all of those children!

I really hope the girls get married soon and Michelle is left with all of the boys as her oldest. She will then have to take care of her own children because they would never have the boys take that role. Although, my guess is that Jim Bob won't consent to his girls getting married until there is plenty of help to take their place.

I'm so ticked off about this pregnancy announcement! I've always liked the Duggar's, but this is too much! The next phase in this story is all of the Down's Syndrome children that will come next. And then Michelle will paint herself as this wonderful saint who takes care of these special kids (although we know it won't be her at all!).

+ Reply to Thread