+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree494Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

Re: The Duggar Family

Haven't confirmed this myself yet, but my friend said she read that they have publicly announced now that Michelle is pregnant with #20. Anyone know if this is true?

ETA: Yep, it's true. People.com has the story. Oh boy, here we go again. For the baby's sake, I will pray for a safe pregnancy. I was just really hoping the last experience was her body's way of saying they were done.
    Last edited by KatesMom; 11-08-2011 at 10:46 AM.

I just read it and was going to post. Good Lord!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

At her age (and I am her age so I'm not being snide or anything) her chances of having a baby with Downs Syndrome goes up. I know no matter what they would love the child, but I wonder if they even considered that.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    At her age (and I am her age so I'm not being snide or anything) her chances of having a baby with Downs Syndrome goes up. I know no matter what they would love the child, but I wonder if they even considered that.
    I think they have addressed that when their latest, Josie, was born. No matter what the condition of the child, they want it. They have no concern for the child's welfare in the long run. Michelle just wants those numbers and the surprised faces when she announces higher and higher numbers. IT's really pathetic. I saw Michelle announce baby no. 20 today on The Today Show.

The woman is obsessed and is so thrilled with the news. The long term implications of having a special needs child with Downes syndrome or another condition, does not bother Michelle in the least bit, because after the baby gets out of the infancy stage, it would be handed over to its buddy or older sister for care and training.The older sisters would be handling the child, so it's no inconvenience for Michelle. Michelle then moves on to her next infant. That's the way she has been doing this for a long time. This is the description of how MIchelle says they do it.

NOW I know why TLC closed the Forums on their website last week! I mentioned it upthread and thought it was something else. Baby no. 20 is exactly what it is. The fans on that site had had enough and I think they would have really gone ballistic on those boards when the news of baby no. 20 was announced. I guess TLC knew the news would not go over well. LOL

Still, I wish them a safe pregnancy and a healthy baby.

I read the People article. Two things really struck me the wrong way, given everything I have seen people post here. First, they note that she is really working to take care of herself physically this time - she is eating right and she gets on the elliptical for an hour every day. Second, she is making sure she gets her rest - she takes naps every day. I'm sure you can all see where I'm going with all this. I fully believe that a pregnant woman should take care of herself while pregnant. But you have 18 kids at home! I guess what really irritates me is that it just reinforces that she does not parent these children. She carries them, births them, takes care of them as long as they are nursing and then turns them over to her daughters to raise them. It just really rubbed me the wrong way.
    pikachu and Debb70 like this.

FORT Fogey

I've never watched the Duggars' show, but I was curious about the reaction to the announcement, so I went on-line. NBC had put the article up only three hours before, and there were over 800 responses. I didn't read them all, but of the ones I read, a few were supportive, but most were not. I thought one of the more telling remarks was that parents of a more conventional number of children often worry about increasing class sizes in schools, particularly at the elementary level, because of the adult to child ration. How can the Duggars possibly manage that many kids and still give all of them individual attention? I realize some of the kids are older, and they can help out, but they're not adults yet. People worry about teen parents too. If the older Duggar kids are doing a good deal of the parenting of the younger ones, aren't they sort of teen parents in a way, even if they have help and supervision?

There's also considerable concern about the possibility of medical problems, since Michelle had issues with her last pregnancy. It does seem a huge risk to take. If she were to die in childbirth, what about the kids she leaves behind?

Honestly, when I heard the Duggars were set to make what was described as a "surprising announcement, " my immediate thought was that it couldn't be another pregnancy, because that wouldn't qualify as a surprise. A real surprise would have been that they had decided to stop having kids, because they had as many as they could handle. Seriously, at this point, they have over two full baseball teams of children. That's a lot for anyone to handle.
    Debb70 likes this.

I really wished I had posted here yesterday. In one of the commericals for their upcoming show, Michelle makes the comment people are not going to be happy. I had a feeling when I heard this that she was going to announce she is pregnant again. It really is no concern of mine, but I always wonder what if something happened to JimBob how would the family be supported? Would she find another husband? I really think that one day a book will be written by one of the children and we will see JimBob and Michelle really fall from grace.
    Debb70 likes this.
    There's no place like home!

What is wrong with these people? They're just not going to be happy until she dies and leaves that herd of children without a mother.
    march and Debb70 like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion, Big Truck Adventure Champion, Tire Toss Champion PIMguy's Avatar

They need to trot out a "Mission Accomplished" banner to hang up every time they make this announcement.
    Debb70 likes this.

Did this happen on its own or did she have help with fertility treatments...course there's plenty of proof her and Jim Both are both very fertile...but she needs to think of her health and I am the same age as her and I wouldn't even want to think of having a baby now...mine are almost grown
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

+ Reply to Thread