+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree373Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

FORT Newbie

Re: The Duggar Family

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    What do you think of the side hugs they give? Have you noticed it? Apparently, they don't think hugging face to face is modest enough, so have to stand to the side and hug each other facing towards the front. Maybe there's background on that.
    I know what you're talking about and it's weird!! You're probably right about there being background on that....
    I feel like growing up without enough physical affection can't be good in the long run psychologically.

I was shocked that the season for the show has ended! IT seems like it just got started. I thought we were going to see the shows from them going to Scotland, England and Israel. What's up?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I was shocked that the season for the show has ended! IT seems like it just got started. I thought we were going to see the shows from them going to Scotland, England and Israel. What's up?
    Maybe they are looking for a bit of privacy and not have every second of their lives always on screen like you know who? Their show never seems to have that many episodes as many others do.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I don't know either, but they are showing a preview of Jackson in Scotland or Israel now. I'm confused. Also, they took down their Forums on the TLC website. Hmmmmmmm.....

I'm pretty sure it's not that they want some privacy. Jim Bob and Michelle LOVE that camera. They are attention hounds for sure. They film everything in their family to show on their program with their own phone cameras, if the regular TLC crew is not around.

Did you see the footage the other week of when one of the little boys fell into an orchestra pit at a church and fractured his jaw? Yeah, several of the kids filmed the whole thing, including the rescue and ER visit. Michelle had a camera phone in her hands and in the child's face as he lay on the floor awaiting parametics, but there is debate as to whether she was recording or not. Since I'm not sure, I won't put her down for doing that, but if she did indeed do it, as many have alleged, then I am very disturbed about it.

I do look forward to seeing footage of them abroard though and I hope I don't have to wait until next year to see it.
    Last edited by Debb70; 11-03-2011 at 11:52 AM.

FORT Newbie

Their trip will be on starting Nov. 13. Yeah, what is up with the forums going missing on TLC?

They did that with What Not To Wear also, so it doesn't appear to be exclusive to this show.

Quote Originally Posted by iwonder View Post
    Their trip will be on starting Nov. 13. Yeah, what is up with the forums going missing on TLC?
    I think that perhaps they were getting too much flack on those boards. I know what was being posted and it was quite critical. It was not only critical of them, but of the Bates family that are their friends and who are featured on their show a lot. (The Bates are expecting baby no. 19 soon!)

The Bates also had their own featured special on another network recently. In that special, we learned quite a bit about them that was not good to many viewers, such as they can't afford health insurance so they go to the E.R. for medical care, which is acceptable if you have no choice, but when you continue to get hormone treatment so you can continue a pregnancy with baby 19, it seems rather odd.

Plus, daddy Bates didn't have money for groceries so he borrowed money from his adult son to feed the family. Then on a recent Duggar show, the Bates showed a couple of starving horses their owned on camera. After viewers complained about the boney, starving horses, he Bates said they bought the horses that way at auction and are nursing them back to health, but some are questioning that and the reasoning behind having 4-5 horses when you can't feed your own kids. Just saying......

This my be TMI, but, I think it may be one of the reasons TLC got tired of hearing all the whinning from fans about the Duggars and the Bates.

they can't afford health care but she gets fertility treatments? Now how is that letting "God decide"??? Maybe you can't have more kids because God doesn't want you to!

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    they can't afford health care but she gets fertility treatments? Now how is that letting "God decide"??? Maybe you can't have more kids because God doesn't want you to!
    I don't know if her hormone treatments were free, but she does know a OB/Gyn, who povides her free prenatal care. I don't know about the cost of the hormones though. The Bates revealed this in their special. They were asked why they say leave it up to God and then she gets hormones to keep her pregnant. She said that she GETS pregnant on her own, but can't continue the pregnancy without hormone treatment. (She miscarries after a few weeks without the hormones.) They say that it makes sense to them. Go figure.

I think they aren't listening to God!

+ Reply to Thread