+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree312Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

FORT Fanatic

Re: The Duggar Family

A local TV show in Wash., D.C. interviewed Jim Bob and Michelle recently. They were in town for a brief visit and were flying home that evening - no kids on this trip. They said when the crew is filming that they come 2 to 3 days a week and spend 2 to 3 hours at a time.

The interviewer was not terribly familiar with the Duggars and asked if Michelle was pregnant. She said no but they would be thrilled if it happened.

They seemed to know what the upcoming new grandson will be named, but it's not been made public yet.

Jill has attended about 15 live births as a midwife assistant.

Josie is now walking.

The new series start June 7. A new Duggar book will be published then, and a book tour will be held.

Thanks for the update SwissMiss. I have been curious about them. Did they say when Josh's baby is due?

FORT Fanatic

The grandson is due in June, I believe.

I'm still plugging along with the adventures of the Duggars. So far, not even a hint or slight appearance that Michelle may be pregnant again. Perhaps having Josie and the accompanying gall bladder surgery has slowed her reproductive system down. They've mentioned a few times when discussing the Bates family how many kids are involved, and saying things like at least none for Michelle...yet (paraphrasing). Apparently they are doing nothing to prevent it. I get the sense that Michelle is genuinely disappointed in not having conceived again, but the show is more interesting now that Josie is just another member of the bunch...and they aren't constantly discussing her issues.

As for Josh and Anna...their son Michael James is now a member of the Duggar show and on camera. My guess on them would be, you'll see another one coming along pretty quick from them. I think Anna is just getting warmed up.
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

I recently watched an episode where Michelle went wakeboarding. She is quite athletic. Of course she couldn't be pregnant if she did that.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I recently watched an episode where Michelle went wakeboarding. She is quite athletic. Of course she couldn't be pregnant if she did that.
    Yeah, it was good seeing her out there and very active. She and Jim Bob talked about all the activities she was involved with when she was growing up, such as cheerleading, gymnastics, water sports, etc. It is in sharp contrast to her kids, who were denied those opportunities. I think it's selfish. Instead of developing their own skills, her kids are providing child care for her kids and doing household chores that allow her to have a multitude of children.

I honestly do think Michelle loves that limelight. I think the fact she is not pregnant again by now is killing her.

Did you catch the little comments made with the Bates in the last episode. They were visiting with the Bates and Mrs. Bates is pregnant is with no. 19 now. Jim Bob and Michelle left no doubt that they were trying for another one. It sad really.

If people want to let God decide how many children they have, that is fine by me, but there is also such a thing as self control!!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

If people want to let God decide how many children they have, that is fine by me, but there is also such a thing as self control!!
    I know what they say, but I don't buy it. While Michelle and Jim Bob have some good quailites and I actually do like them as people, I feel their obesession with attention has skewed their judgment. I don't think they have a realistic appreciation for the welfare of their kids and the consequences of their choices.

IMO two parents should be able to provide care and supervison for their kids. Michelle and Jim Bob are unable to do that without outside help. Whether the help is from siblings, grandma, friends, etc. They are not able to cook, clean, feed, bathe, teach, and supervise all of their younger children. We have seen Michelle try on several occassions to handle the younger kids by herself and she is like a fish out of water. She smiles about it, but it's obvious, she is not the primary parental figure for the younger kids.

Help from others once in while is understandable, but not on a day to day basis. I think it's wrong to transfer your duties as a parent on to the other older kids and then have the nerve to brag about the high numbers.
    tears.and.rain likes this.

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion PIMguy's Avatar

Exactly. And why is reproduction the only aspect of their lives that they totally put in God's hands? Actually, if God was totally in control of how many children they have, they wouldn't need to have sex, right? And this modesty thing they always preach about. Hey, that's great, and live your life how you want. But you are on a nationally televised show that is based on the results of your prolific sex life. Look at the title: "19 Kids and Counting." Why not just rename it "We're still having lots of sex!" Modesty indeed!

And what happened to the focus on the frugal ways of the Duggars? Jim Bob used to really preach about money and not needing to have new things. Did they get the iPhones on sale and save the difference? Sorry, rant over.

I think the fame and money does change people and the Duggars are no exception. I have recently seen two interviews with people who know fame. It was of Prisilla Presley and Rosie O'Donnell. Both were talking with Oprah. They both said that fame does effect you in ways you don't realize and until you get away from it and look back, you just don't see it. They say it's not pretty and they didn't like what it did to them.

+ Reply to Thread