+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree312Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

Re: The Duggar Family

It is now time for the show to be put to rest. Its like K+8, sometimes enough is enough. I wish them the best, but I don't want to see it.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;4148684;
    It is now time for the show to be put to rest. Its like K+8, sometimes enough is enough. I wish them the best, but I don't want to see it.
    I agree. Especially if Michelle plans on having more babies, because the public is going to turn against them if she does. They should get out of the public eye so that their children don't suffer because of the disdain of public opinion for the family. They've made enough money to be comfortable for the rest of their lives, now it's time to go back to a private life.

I haven't watched very much of this show..but I do know just how dangerous her last pregnancy was....IMO...its time to enjoy the children she has..give the older girls a break..and live....I had 3 c-sections and most doctors don't like to do more than 2 c sections on a woman...and how many of these has she had now...too many..I wish she could see that she is placing her own health in danger now..not just another baby...I don't know much about the newest one but usually premies take up a lot more time and effort than a full term baby...there development is different and everything..I know its their beliefs and far be for me to throw a stone at anyone's beliefs but they really need to take time to re think this and really consider that its time to stop having babies
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I think that most people with addictions don't recognize how their behavior is harming those around them. And when you can attribute your actions to God, then it makes it even more difficult to make your point that their behavior is out of control.

I don't think they will do it, but if the older girls and grand ma were to go on strike and Michelle and JB had to do all their own baby changing, feeding, bathing, teaching, laundry, etc., reality might set in, but as long as everything is done for them, I guess they see no need to change.

FORT Newbie

That would be a good show, wouldn't it? Maybe TLC could send the girls and Grandma on a missions trip (You know they wouldn't go on vacation w/o JB & M), and then film JB & M parenting alone. Yeah, that'll happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggar groupie;4158715;
    That would be a good show, wouldn't it? Maybe TLC could send the girls and Grandma on a missions trip (You know they wouldn't go on vacation w/o JB & M), and then film JB & M parenting alone. Yeah, that'll happen.
    That's a great idea. Sort of like Wife Swap except the worker children and grandma go to stay at a home where they are allowed to relax, have others prepare their meals, go to class, go hang out with friends without carrying toddlers all the time. And they do their own laundry, not for 20 people!

JB and Michelle get other kids that age to move in with them who leave their dirty laundry on the floor, stay out with their friends, go to college classes all day and generally don't do any of the parent's jobs. I can't even imagine. They would be on the phone getting the Bates family to come help them. I really don't think they could make it.

I read yesterday...I think it was on watch with Kristin that some of the kids are going to be taking college classes now for EMT certification
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;4161077;
    I read yesterday...I think it was on watch with Kristin that some of the kids are going to be taking college classes now for EMT certification

I wish them the best. Being an EMT is wonderful. We certainly need them, but I wonder why they never want to be something like a doctor, attorney, accountant, engineer, etc.

I know some EMTs and they don't have college degrees. Still, it's at least an honorable job.

The new episode comes on tonight doesn't it? They will try to tease again about whether Michelle is pregnant. My my, enough of that already. LOL

I read that she is not pregnant. It looks like in order to skydive she had to get tested.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;4161258;
    I read that she is not pregnant. It looks like in order to skydive she had to get tested.
    Yes, but that show was filmed in the fall of last year. Lots could have happened since then. Of course, normally they do a big announcment about it, so perhaps we have seen the last pregnancy for awhile.

Last night I saw something in Michelle that really broke my heart. She has no real insight into the welfare or future of her children. All she could focus on was what joy the new babies bring her, what a blessing she would miss if she didn't continue to have babies. She doesn't address what kind of learning disabilities that Josie may have that will require a great deal of her time. How do you properly devote your time between all of your toddlers and babies with a newborn or possibly being in a hospital with another newborn for an extended period of time? This is in addition to all of the older kids who also need your time and attention.

There just doesn't seem to be any kind of insight into the realities of providing proper care, time and attention to her existing kids. It's all about the excitement and joy of having another newborn. Actually, JB seemed to hesitate a little or appeared uncomfortable with the possibility. Has he awakened to smell the coffee or is he scared their income is going down the tubes when the public is upset with another pregnancy this time. Very interesting.

Oh, I'm glad they found time to take one of the toddlers to the shooting gallery. A toddler needs to know how to handle a firearm. That part of the show was so disturbing to me that I can't even think about it.

+ Reply to Thread