+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree492Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

FoRTer

Re: The Duggar Family

That is cool.

Really, skydiving has become so regulated that unless you're BASE jumping or doing some other extreme version of the sport, I think it's quite safe.

With respect to the announcement of a baby on the way for Josh and Anna: What bothers me the most is that they've already announced it. I read somewhere that they're saying a June 2011 birth. That would mean she's at max 3 months pregnant. Having already suffered a miscarriage, you would think they would wait to make sure that everything was okay.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

The old reality TV gravy train requires a LOT of fuel.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;4105101;
    With respect to the announcement of a baby on the way for Josh and Anna: What bothers me the most is that they've already announced it. I read somewhere that they're saying a June 2011 birth. That would mean she's at max 3 months pregnant. Having already suffered a miscarriage, you would think they would wait to make sure that everything was okay.
    Obviously I don't know for sure - but I know in both of my circumstances, the thought that the risk goes down after the first trimester is kind of a misconception. The risk is obviously there until the baby is born - as some people have heartbreakingly had to deal with. But once you have the first ultrasound and see the baby's heartbeat, then I believe at that point the risk becomes basically what it will be through the rest of the pregnancy. If she is due in June, my guess is that they have had their first ultrasound and seen the baby's heartbeat. I know that is when I started telling people. Happens between 8-10 weeks.

does anyone remember where they got the pizza from in New York?

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Pizza anywhere in NYC is better than pizza anywhere else. Same for bagels. I've heard this attributed to NYC's public water system, rated #1 in the country.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom;4105135;
    Obviously I don't know for sure - but I know in both of my circumstances, the thought that the risk goes down after the first trimester is kind of a misconception. The risk is obviously there until the baby is born - as some people have heartbreakingly had to deal with. But once you have the first ultrasound and see the baby's heartbeat, then I believe at that point the risk becomes basically what it will be through the rest of the pregnancy. If she is due in June, my guess is that they have had their first ultrasound and seen the baby's heartbeat. I know that is when I started telling people. Happens between 8-10 weeks.
    There's definitely risk at any point along the pregnancy and even during delivery/shortly thereafter. I just think sometimes people in the media tend to let everyone know so much earlier than it seems most people do? I don't know though. I was more getting at the point that I hope they were announcing for the right reasons rather than for publicity.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4105472;
    Pizza anywhere in NYC is better than pizza anywhere else. Same for bagels. I've heard this attributed to NYC's public water system, rated #1 in the country.
    Now Chicago pizza is fantastic too!!

Didn't the girls eat some when they were in Chicago?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by Ownlyanangel20;4103890;
    Apparently the Duggars will be grandparents again, the eldest son and his wife are preggers. What a shame for this family's tradition to keep going.

Also, saw a picture of Josie at 11 months....To me, she looks a little 'special needs' and I am not trying to be mean, just a nursing assessment. Her features are just different, even though she's not a preemie anymore, she still at 11 months, should not retain a lot of preemie-like features. I wouldnt expect the Duggars to ever announce any condition if she did have it, it would put too much negative spin on their PR.
    If they are happy and it's what they want to do...it's hard for me to look at it as a shameful tradition.

And if Michelle did, in fact, go skydiving....I give props to her. I think having 19 births (or however many it is...) is quite a bit more risky and not quite as much fun. I think she is a really interesting woman, and I respect that she doesn't play to the crowd. I want to be that at peace with the stuff I do that I could, if I was interested in doing it, be comfortable with both birthing 19 children AND going skydiving (neither of which are on my agenda!) Fascinating....
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

I don't think people contest the right of any person to have as many children as they want. I think the main concern is that when you go over into double digits, you move into area that effects the children's rights to have a real relationship with their parents.

The mere numbers prohibit the attention you can give to the children in addition to the household work that must be done. It then becomes a matter of the parent pleasing themself and making themself happy, OVER the best of interest of the children.

It's obvious they don't mind the fact the younger children have stronger bonds and feel more like the child of a sibling than the parent's child. And they don't mind that the older child bears the responsiblity of caring for that young sibling in addition to working full time caring for the household. I see that as selfish and not the role of a caring parent.

I think it would bother a parent if everytime they left the house as a group, the older girls carry diaper bags, infant seats and babies. These are teen girls, not your nannies. It's rather selfish IMO.

I say again, the parents should forego some blessings for awhile and allow the children the chance to have the blessings of time and attention from their parents. I think God intended that too.

+ Reply to Thread