+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree492Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

  1. #1691
    FoRTer
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,094

    Re: The Duggar Family

    That is cool.

    Really, skydiving has become so regulated that unless you're BASE jumping or doing some other extreme version of the sport, I think it's quite safe.

  2. #1692
    FORT Fogey canadian_angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    the province with the really long name
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,714

    Re: The Duggar Family

    With respect to the announcement of a baby on the way for Josh and Anna: What bothers me the most is that they've already announced it. I read somewhere that they're saying a June 2011 birth. That would mean she's at max 3 months pregnant. Having already suffered a miscarriage, you would think they would wait to make sure that everything was okay.

  3. #1693
    Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In the blue TV screen light
    Posts
    2,700

    Re: The Duggar Family

    The old reality TV gravy train requires a LOT of fuel.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

  4. #1694
    FORT Fogey KatesMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Motor City
    Posts
    2,321

    Re: The Duggar Family

    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;4105101;
    With respect to the announcement of a baby on the way for Josh and Anna: What bothers me the most is that they've already announced it. I read somewhere that they're saying a June 2011 birth. That would mean she's at max 3 months pregnant. Having already suffered a miscarriage, you would think they would wait to make sure that everything was okay.
    Obviously I don't know for sure - but I know in both of my circumstances, the thought that the risk goes down after the first trimester is kind of a misconception. The risk is obviously there until the baby is born - as some people have heartbreakingly had to deal with. But once you have the first ultrasound and see the baby's heartbeat, then I believe at that point the risk becomes basically what it will be through the rest of the pregnancy. If she is due in June, my guess is that they have had their first ultrasound and seen the baby's heartbeat. I know that is when I started telling people. Happens between 8-10 weeks.

  5. #1695
    FORT Fanatic momsunshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    785

    Re: The Duggar Family

    does anyone remember where they got the pizza from in New York?

  6. #1696
    Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In the blue TV screen light
    Posts
    2,700

    Re: The Duggar Family

    Pizza anywhere in NYC is better than pizza anywhere else. Same for bagels. I've heard this attributed to NYC's public water system, rated #1 in the country.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

  7. #1697
    FORT Fogey canadian_angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    the province with the really long name
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,714

    Re: The Duggar Family

    Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom;4105135;
    Obviously I don't know for sure - but I know in both of my circumstances, the thought that the risk goes down after the first trimester is kind of a misconception. The risk is obviously there until the baby is born - as some people have heartbreakingly had to deal with. But once you have the first ultrasound and see the baby's heartbeat, then I believe at that point the risk becomes basically what it will be through the rest of the pregnancy. If she is due in June, my guess is that they have had their first ultrasound and seen the baby's heartbeat. I know that is when I started telling people. Happens between 8-10 weeks.
    There's definitely risk at any point along the pregnancy and even during delivery/shortly thereafter. I just think sometimes people in the media tend to let everyone know so much earlier than it seems most people do? I don't know though. I was more getting at the point that I hope they were announcing for the right reasons rather than for publicity.

  8. #1698
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    7,198

    Re: The Duggar Family

    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4105472;
    Pizza anywhere in NYC is better than pizza anywhere else. Same for bagels. I've heard this attributed to NYC's public water system, rated #1 in the country.
    Now Chicago pizza is fantastic too!!

    Didn't the girls eat some when they were in Chicago?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  9. #1699
    FORT Fogey FanOfUnrealTV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,670

    Re: The Duggar Family

    Quote Originally Posted by Ownlyanangel20;4103890;
    Apparently the Duggars will be grandparents again, the eldest son and his wife are preggers. What a shame for this family's tradition to keep going.

    Also, saw a picture of Josie at 11 months....To me, she looks a little 'special needs' and I am not trying to be mean, just a nursing assessment. Her features are just different, even though she's not a preemie anymore, she still at 11 months, should not retain a lot of preemie-like features. I wouldnt expect the Duggars to ever announce any condition if she did have it, it would put too much negative spin on their PR.
    If they are happy and it's what they want to do...it's hard for me to look at it as a shameful tradition.

    And if Michelle did, in fact, go skydiving....I give props to her. I think having 19 births (or however many it is...) is quite a bit more risky and not quite as much fun. I think she is a really interesting woman, and I respect that she doesn't play to the crowd. I want to be that at peace with the stuff I do that I could, if I was interested in doing it, be comfortable with both birthing 19 children AND going skydiving (neither of which are on my agenda!) Fascinating....
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

  10. #1700
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,123

    Re: The Duggar Family

    I don't think people contest the right of any person to have as many children as they want. I think the main concern is that when you go over into double digits, you move into area that effects the children's rights to have a real relationship with their parents.

    The mere numbers prohibit the attention you can give to the children in addition to the household work that must be done. It then becomes a matter of the parent pleasing themself and making themself happy, OVER the best of interest of the children.

    It's obvious they don't mind the fact the younger children have stronger bonds and feel more like the child of a sibling than the parent's child. And they don't mind that the older child bears the responsiblity of caring for that young sibling in addition to working full time caring for the household. I see that as selfish and not the role of a caring parent.

    I think it would bother a parent if everytime they left the house as a group, the older girls carry diaper bags, infant seats and babies. These are teen girls, not your nannies. It's rather selfish IMO.

    I say again, the parents should forego some blessings for awhile and allow the children the chance to have the blessings of time and attention from their parents. I think God intended that too.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.