+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 226 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767117 ... LastLast
Like Tree312Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

Re: The Duggar Family

Hey, if they're allowed to do so (using the house as a tax-write off), I say go for it! I'm sure they don't get to write the entire taxes off, it's probably pro-rated somehow. After all, it's not used as a church all 7 days of the week. And they're too honest to cheat.

FORT Fanatic

I think they wear dresses as a "modesty" issue. You also notice the boys wear collared shirts a lot and belts. I think we could all learn a lesson from this family as uptight as they may seem. They are frugal with their money they are moral their children are well behaved mostly and have strong work ethics. Supervising the computer is something more parents should be doing. I love that the kids work around the house instead of playing video games and when they talk they don't sound like selfish brats. They are also articulate and don't use a lot of crazy slang and they are well mannered.

I heard the girls say once they all have the same hair and style of dress much like other girls in other schools all wear the same hair styles and clothing styles. They did say their dad "liked" long hair. So do a lot of men. So, if you did not peruse fashion magazines and tv then I guess you would find your own fashion look and the girls in the teen age would probably all look similar. It really isn't that different. It just looks different than the current teen mall rat trends of uggs, tight jeans all things Hollister, Abercrombie, puffy jackets, long flat iron hair with bangs in your face, black nail polish and heavy eyeliner!

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3257679;
    ."

The Amish and Mennonites are even restricted on what males can wear as well. So this clothing thing is not unusual.

They have rules for clothing for both sexes. And they don't use buttons I believe (the Amish)
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

My ex-boyfriend use to be a Mennonite. He left when he was 18. That stuff really screwed him up.....thus the reason he's my EX!

There is a difference between Amish & Mennonite. Amish is more fundamental & strict. My family comes from a Mennonite sect (though my gr-grandfather left as an adult). They had phones & those family members still in the sect use cars. They also dye their fabrics different colors, whereas the Amish use strictly dark colors because anything that could be considered vain is a major no-no. Amish also don't believe in music, whereas Mennonite do - but only music created by hand or voice and only in praise to the Lord.

Sorry for the OT.

I think it will be interesting to see how they lean when they are old enough to make their own decisions. I wonder how many of them will decide to live their lives elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3258595;
    Hey, if they're allowed to do so (using the house as a tax-write off), I say go for it! I'm sure they don't get to write the entire taxes off, it's probably pro-rated somehow. After all, it's not used as a church all 7 days of the week. And they're too honest to cheat.
    They don't need to cheat on their taxes. They get tax deductions for ALL of those kids. Imagine filling out a "W2manykids" form...
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;3258910;
    I think it will be interesting to see how they lean when they are old enough to make their own decisions. I wonder how many of them will decide to live their lives elsewhere.
    i expect the one daughter that just got her drivers license to be the rebel and go her own way ... i can't remember her name ... but i just get the feeling from her that she's not satisfied with the life she's been dealt and she's going to want more. LOL

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Her name is Jinger. And I agree about her. I think that a few of the girls see their cousin....I forget her name (Amy maybe?) and maybe they are a bit jealous of her.

FORT Fan

I remember looking at their website about a year ago. They had a link that allowed you to pray with them on Sundays and watch their church service. You had to pay to join. So I wouldn't be surprised if they did write the house off as a church.

I was annoyed when they went shopping and Jim Bob was freaking out. How many times did he say "remember buy used and save the difference". Why even go there then?

+ Reply to Thread