+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree326Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

Re: The Duggar Family

Quote Originally Posted by Ownlyanangel20;4090404;
    On a seperate post, I find it very interesting that Michelle is a Virgo and that JB is a Cancer. Cancers certainly are all about family, and they do love children. Virgos....definately about numbers, but they dont make the most hands on parent.

Also, there is some sort of sexual repression that many virgos experience, even though many say Scorps are the most sexually dynamic, Virgos have some of the more complex issues regarding sexuality.

It doesn't seem to be the case with JB and Michelle. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;4090343;
    Regarding Michelle's breastfeeding. I had heard somewhere that the Quiverfull people breastfeed for only a short amount of time in order to make sure they get pregnant again soon. Has anyone heard about this? I have a bad memory! (I know you can get pregnant while nursing anyway, but I think that group tries to make sure.)
    I know Michelle has addressed this issue since breast feeding is supposed to be a good precaution from getting pregnant again she has stated on more than one occassion that this is NOT the case with her and she could usually tell if she was pregnant again while breastfeeding because they became painful and her milk would then dry up
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Josie is lactose intolerant is why she's not being nursed.

Has anyone noticed how Anna seems to be jumping in and taking on more and more episodes? I really like her. I'm peased to see her talking Green and about providing organic food for her daughter.

What did you think of the skirts made out of pants for the girls fireman uniforms?

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Tire Toss Champion PIMguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4097984;
    Has anyone noticed how Anna seems to be jumping in and taking on more and more episodes? I really like her. I'm peased to see her talking Green and about providing organic food for her daughter.

What did you think of the skirts made out of pants for the girls fireman uniforms?
    I'm truly ignorant on this issue, where does the belief that pants are designed for men and skirts are designed for women come from? Seems to me that pants have less accidental-revealing-potential than skirts.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PIMguy;4098022;
    I'm truly ignorant on this issue, where does the belief that pants are designed for men and skirts are designed for women come from? Seems to me that pants have less accidental-revealing-potential than skirts.
    I don't know where it comes from, but once upon a time everyone (guys and gals) wore skirts.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4098044;
    I don't know where it comes from, but once upon a time everyone (guys and gals) wore skirts.
    This is true. I grew up in a church that taught that pants were sinful. My parents allowed me to wear pants and shorts though. That is something in the Independent Fundamentalist faith that they did not impose on me. My mother followed that teaching for many years of her life. She is now 69 and is starting to wear pants!

I think in order to understand where they are coming from, it's important to understand the history behind the teaching.
    The reason this faith believes pants are wrong is based on Deuteronomy 22:5.
    It says that women should not wear clothes that pertaineth to a man. It's a rule that IMO was taken out of context by old men in the 1960's and 70's who didn't like the women's movement and through their narrow mindedness just made up rules as they went along. Most of the rule makers were uneducated men who had little training in the Bible. The preachers would hear another uneducated, dogmatic preacher scream out some dogma and they would repeat the same rhetoric in their sermon, and so forth and so on.
    I witnessed it first hand in the congregation for many years.

They made almost everything a sin such as: attending the county fair, movies, any establishment that sold alcohol even grocery stores, long hair on men, any music that wasn't their brand of gospel-even contemporary Christian was frowned upon. Basically they didn't like anything that wasn't their idea. AND they didn't like education unless it was from a school run by them, like Bob Jones University. Public schools were sinful and were to be avoided. They were especially opposed to new ideas.

What they don't say about following Deut. is why they don't also insist on following other old testament rules such as killing children who disrespect their parents or cutting off the hand of a thief or offering a blood sacrifice when you sin or having concubines. There are many other teachings from the old testament that Christians don't follow. Why insist on the pants exclusion? I wonder if they just want to see the women in skirts and this is their excuse. It's rather odd. Here's a link to guy who really believes in it.
    WHAT IS TRUTH: Women Wearing Men's Clothes

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Tire Toss Champion PIMguy's Avatar

Thanks for all the info Debb, I had no idea where it came from. The idea of wearing a skirt for any active profession, like firefighter, seems completely impractical and dangerous. My thinking is if you can't wear the uniform for the job then you can't do the job. I guess no Duggar girl will ever serve in the military.

<------ or be a hockey goalie!!!
    Last edited by PIMguy; 11-04-2010 at 02:29 PM. Reason: just to add a goofy comment

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

The other part that is silly about the idea of pants being a "male" thing is that when that law was written in the Old Testament, men actually wore dresses themselves, not pants. The thing about that OT rule at that time had a lot more to do with cross-dressing to fool others about your sexuality than the actual articles of clothing. This is representative of exactly what Christ spoke out against. He was totally against the people who were obeying the letter of the law (and adding in a few regulations of their own), while their hearts were far from God. He said that they were putting burdens on people's backs that noone could carry, while deceiving people into thinking that following these rules would bring them to heaven. Jesus spent much of his ministry speaking against that sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by karna68;4097504;
    Josie is lactose intolerant is why she's not being nursed.
    What an idiot I am, I completely spaced on that. My apologies.

+ Reply to Thread