+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree374Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

Re: The Duggar Family

Ok, the doc tells her she has a gallstone that will not pass...She could die from the infection if the gallbladder does not come out...AND SHE HAS TO THINK ABOUT IT???? What is up with this woman? I wonder how long she is going to milk this. I know I am sounding mean, but what does she do? Does she just sit up in the bedroom all day and take care of a baby? Ok, I'm just venting. Sorry.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

But, did you see the look on her face when the doctor said that she needed her gallbladder out if she wanted to get pregnant again? I knew she was going to do it once he said that! You could tell that the whole gallbladder attack and surgery was really hard on her. I've never seen her so "down" before. She's getting older and things get harder when you are older.
    At least we know this latest surgery will keep JB away so that she doesn't get pregnant again soon. Then, maybe God will intervene and send her into an early menopause and stop this madness before there is a tragedy!(crossing fingers) Because they have no intention of stopping.

Quote Originally Posted by kidstookitall;4087689;
    Ok, the doc tells her she has a gallstone that will not pass...She could die from the infection if the gallbladder does not come out...AND SHE HAS TO THINK ABOUT IT???? What is up with this woman? I wonder how long she is going to milk this. I know I am sounding mean, but what does she do? Does she just sit up in the bedroom all day and take care of a baby? Ok, I'm just venting. Sorry.
    In her defense, I don't blame her. There are risks invovled in any kind of surgery.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

It was my understanding that the doctor recommended removal if she intended to get pregnant again. He talked about the risks involved of letting it be, but I thought that meant if left over a long time period. Then she went home. Maybe to think about it or maybe she made an appointment for the surgery, but couldn't wait that long when the pain got so bad. However the actual events occured, she now has it out and is free to multiply any way they wish. I'm kidding.........I hope they don't, for the sake of the other kids, but you just know they will.

I did think it was odd for JB to praise her for being stoic. If someone is in terrible pain, what's wrong with crying and letting it out. He has made similar comments about the kids. Pretending something is not as bad as it really is should not be encouraged IMO.

FORT Fogey

Actually, speaking as someone who's had many painful surgeries, if you allow yourself to get upset and cry and moan and wail, it's harder and hurts more. That raises your blood pressure, it takes longer to heal, etc. Now, I'm not saying you should pretend it doesn't hurt and be your normal self - your body would need to heal - but you also should try to stay as calm as possible. It's very different from say, a skinned knee where if you cry, it actually helps.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4088338;
    Actually, speaking as someone who's had many painful surgeries, if you allow yourself to get upset and cry and moan and wail, it's harder and hurts more. That raises your blood pressure, it takes longer to heal, etc. Now, I'm not saying you should pretend it doesn't hurt and be your normal self - your body would need to heal - but you also should try to stay as calm as possible. It's very different from say, a skinned knee where if you cry, it actually helps.
    I know in the few surgeries I have had, I usually try to grin and bear it myself. I even had tooth extraction with only novacaine....

FORT Fanatic

I don't think they should have showed Michelle looking so miserable in the hospital. Seemed like an invasion of her privacy.

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;4088765;
    I don't think they should have showed Michelle looking so miserable in the hospital. Seemed like an invasion of her privacy.
    I am sure she okayed it.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;4088770;
    I am sure she okayed it.
    I'm sure she okayed too. She needed a little symphathy after all the backlash she got when her and jimbob talked about having another baby.

Michelle LOVES that attention. I believe that is why she likes having so many babies, but whatever the reason, she loves the camera. Do you recall the other week how she acted like she dreaded being on the cover of People? Right...LOL She loves every minute of it. I think that people who don't enjoy the attention don't stay on reality show and don't repeatedly pose for magazine covers. That's just me.

+ Reply to Thread