Thread: The Duggar Family

Re: The Duggar Family

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4072605;
    What makes you think that?
    The baby part or the attention part??
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;4072601;
    I think she will have another one soon. I do think little McKenzie is a pistol though! She likes the attention very much.
    Did Anna come from a LARGE family like Josh?

I would think that Anna would mirror HER family as vs Josh's. JMHO.
    KAREN

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;4072625;
    Did Anna come from a LARGE family like Josh?

I would think that Anna would mirror HER family as vs Josh's. JMHO.
    Yes, Anna comes from a big family - not as big as the Duggar family. I think they are all girls.

Have any of you read the bios about the family on the TLC website? If so, please send me a PM.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I've read their book. Anyone else? I was a big fan a couple of years ago. Things have really changed.

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;4077584;
    I've read their book. Anyone else? I was a big fan a couple of years ago. Things have really changed.
    I see that also. I think fame and the dollars to do more have changed this family unfortunately.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quiverfull - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All God's children - Religion - Salon.com

I don't know if this has been addressed upthread, but the Duggar family is part of this movement/cult, which has spread worldwide. If you Google "Quiverfull Movement" you'll find that much has been written about it.

Wives have no choice about the number of children they will have, but will continue to conceive as long as they remain fertile.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

It has been addressed many, many times Personally, I believe she will die as a "martyr" in childbirth. I hope not, but it wouldn't shock me.

Maybe I'm alone in my opinion, but I suspect that Michelle and JB's desire for all those children is actually because of their need for attention and desire for importance. I think that having such a large family helps them achieve a sense of accomplishment. I really question if the religious excuse is true. It's just something that legitimizes their practice.

I formed this opinion from watching the show since they came on the air and seeing their interviews. That's just my take on it.

IN JAIL, WONDERING WHERE MY KLONDIKE BAR IS!?...

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4061486;
    Yes, it does. I've known kids who were homeschooled and were wonderful, sweet, bright kids who were very well-educated though. Although I suppose the fact that I met them mostly through sports would indicate that their parents were already doing a good job of making sure they got contact with the outside world, and with lots of different types of people.
    I had neighbors years ago who had 7 children and home-schooled them. I know that the kids were tested by the school district at regular intervals to make sure they were progressing at a standardized rate in their studies. They all always tested above their grade levels, so their parents were doing a great job schooling them. They also were involved in sports for the schools that over-saw their learning progress. I don't know if the Duggars are held to this same standard in their children's education or if it is something done by certain states. Michelle teaches alot of bible study and christian education, as well as housewifery arts (which is all well and good) , but what other subjects are they learning? What if they want to attend college to further their education into a specialty field like medicine, law, finance? Are they being properly prepared so that they can succeed in such an endeavor? Or are the kids (especially the girls) being groomed to follow their parent's chosen path with no other options? All of the children who are older than toddlers are pretty much keeping a household and raising children already. Frankly that is something that has bothered me since the very first show they did about the Duggars. Way back when they were starting to clear the ground for the big house they now have. It just seemed to me that since Michelle did not work outside the home and she home-schooled the children (I believe in order to 1) control the material and 2) to have the kids home to do "chores" and participate in their "buddy" system), that she should be able to take care of the children that the adults in the household chose to bring into the world. Sure kids should help around the house, and sure even keep an eye on a younger one every now and again, but to put so much responsibility on someone who is themself a child and who has no choice in the matter is not proper parenting in JMHO. Even still the Duggars of today are not the same Duggars we first met. The thrifty, wholesome, as long as we have each other family seems to have developed a taste for the finer things and forgotten the real reasons why I believe they opened up their family for the world to see, which I think was to minister and promote an alternative Christian lifestyle.
    I really hope things change for the kids and that the parents remember what I hope are the real reasons why they have chosen to have 19 children and how special each and every one of them are.
    "YOU BREATH THE SAME AIR THE BILLIONAIRES DO" Russell Simmons

"We make a living from what we get, but we make a life from what we give." Winston Chruchill

+ Reply to Thread