+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree312Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

  1. #1601
    FORT Fogey momrek06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Orange County, California
    Posts
    3,817

    Re: The Duggar Family

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4066540;
    Hey Momrek06,
    Yes, little Josie was born premature, but is home now and growing every day. In this past week's show she weighed around 10 pounds. That's great. The doctor said she was behind because of her early birth, but comparativly speaking she is progressing nicely. She still has that preemie look about her, but other than that she is doing good. They have resolved her intestinal problem with a special formula. I really hope she doesn't have any long standing problems such as developmental delays. Some things can't be detected until she is older.

    She still uses oxygen, but gets a bread from it for a couple of hours per day. They are trying to wean her off of it.
    Aww...thanks Debb! I am so glad she is ok and progressing. You are right, thats it exactly, she still has that "preemie" look.
    KAREN

  2. #1602
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,969

    Re: The Duggar Family

    Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;4066906;
    Aww...thanks Debb! I am so glad she is ok and progressing. You are right, thats it exactly, she still has that "preemie" look.

    It's good to see little Josie getting lots of attention from her mom. It is likely that she will be passed on to a sibling as soon as the new baby comes along. There has been no announcement as of yet, but they make no secret that they would welcome #20.

  3. #1603
    FORT Fogey PA Snow Bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,903

    Re: The Duggar Family

    What is Michelle going to do once she enters menopause & will eventually have an empty nest?

  4. #1604
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,969

    Re: The Duggar Family

    Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;4067443;
    What is Michelle going to do once she enters menopause & will eventually have an empty nest?
    That's a great question. I think she will suffer greatly. They have mentioned adopting, but I can't see any reputable adoption agency allowing them under the circumstances. Therefore, it would not surprise me if they moved to some South American country and tried to open an orphanage so they could take in infants. They already help with missionaries in Guatamala, I think it is. I can see them going to any length so Michelle can have an infant in her arms.

    Also, India fertility doctors provide services to women of any age, even in their 70's! She could go their and have an embryo implanted and then give birth herself.

    She has some options and I bet she uses them too. When someone is that obsessed with something, you can't just drop it as if it's not important.

  5. #1605
    FORT Fogey momrek06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Orange County, California
    Posts
    3,817

    Re: The Duggar Family

    Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;4067443;
    What is Michelle going to do once she enters menopause & will eventually have an empty nest?
    Not knowing anything about the show, I will say, I doubt they will ever have an "empty nest"! I think all the kiddos will marry, have their own kiddos but not be far at all from their homestead. JMHO.
    KAREN

  6. #1606
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    6,798

    Re: The Duggar Family

    Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;4067487;
    Not knowing anything about the show, I will say, I doubt they will ever have an "empty nest"! I think all the kiddos will marry, have their own kiddos but not be far at all from their homestead. JMHO.
    And they might not marry so young either, thus being at home longer. Its not like they will move out and live on their own.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  7. #1607
    signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,557

    Re: The Duggar Family

    Going to fertility doctors would go against their belief system, so I doubt they would ever do such a thing. However, Michelle is in her mid-forties and is still having children. I doubt they will ever have to deal with an "empty nest". If she continues to have children until she hits menopause, at 50-something, she will most likely spend her "golden years" carrying for special-needs children with Down's Syndrome or even dying in childbirth at some point.

  8. #1608
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,969

    Re: The Duggar Family

    Last night's episode was once again about other families coming to the Duggar house to visit. I wonder if they are responding to the numerous comments on various boards that complain that the kids don't socialize with many other kids except the Bates family. Perhaps they are trying to show that isn't true. Still, when they are talking so much about how they entertain families in their home it doesn't ring true. They haven't known any of these families. They can't pronounce their name and comment about how they want to get to know them. That's great, but it's apparent that these visits are staged. What's the deal? It's really off putting IMO. I guess that's reality tv for you.

    I think it's interesting that Anna, Josh's wife, made several comments last night about how McKenzie, their little girl, needs her daddy's individualized attention every day. She also commented that she needs her mother's attention 24/7. It was almost like she was saying she didn't have time for another baby right now. HALLELUJah! I'm so happy Anna has some sense and makes no bones about saying what she thinks. I hope she is supported by Josh in this position.

  9. #1609
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    6,798

    Re: The Duggar Family

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4072582;
    I think it's interesting that Anna, Josh's wife, made several comments last night about how McKenzie, their little girl, needs her daddy's individualized attention every day. She also commented that she needs her mother's attention 24/7. It was almost like she was saying she didn't have time for another baby right now. HALLELUJah! I'm so happy Anna has some sense and makes no bones about saying what she thinks. I hope she is supported by Josh in this position.
    I think she will have another one soon. I do think little McKenzie is a pistol though! She likes the attention very much.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  10. #1610
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,969

    Re: The Duggar Family

    Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;4072601;
    I think she will have another one soon. I do think little McKenzie is a pistol though! She likes the attention very much.
    What makes you think that?

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.