+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree494Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

Re: The Duggar Family

Their response would be their own affair if they didn't choose to broadcast it on reality tv. Dollars to donuts it was human error that caused her to become pregnant while on the pill...either started on wrong day of cycle or missed a pill. It happens. I have to believe that there was more to their decision than that to make such a monumental decision to have baby after baby.

FORT Fogey

One of the upsetting things about this family, for me, is that it doesn't seem like it WAS a monumental decision for them. Like they've simply put no thought into it, they haven't considered the impact on the older kids, or the impact on the amount of attention the baby receives, or what could happen if one is sick.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4030080;
    One of the upsetting things about this family, for me, is that it doesn't seem like it WAS a monumental decision for them. Like they've simply put no thought into it, they haven't considered the impact on the older kids, or the impact on the amount of attention the baby receives, or what could happen if one is sick.
    This is true. All of lthe focus is about them growing their family and what makes life easier for the parents. It's not about the kid's welfare and what makes the kids happy. The kids have to sacrifice to make their parents happy, not the other way around.

Parents concerend about their kids welfare should put some emphasis on education IMO. They consider it acceptabe to know skills like housekeeping, building, and reproducing. I've never heard them talk about the importance of their children living their dreams of becoming doctors, engineers, attorneys, accountants, etc. It's as if they don't promote any career that would require them to attend college. There are even Christian colleges the kids could attend if the parents are so afraid of bad influences There is just no excuse IMO.

FORT Newbie

It's sad. Even stuff kids want to do that don't necessarily require higher learning seem to only get talked about. One of the girls wants to play the harp. Michelle was talking about how there's a lot of money to be had in that (shocked me that Michelle would be concerned about that!), but that's as far as it seems to go. Maybe once they've raised their Mom's babies, they'll be able to get their own lives. I bet JB & Michelle would certainly approve of the girls leaving to be married before they'd approve of them going to school.

FORT Fogey

They're on the cover of People magazine this week.... they really just sicken me.

and the cover says they are ready for more babies

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;4038312;
    and the cover says they are ready for more babies
    What??
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I don't know if this has been brought up before, but out of curiosity I went to their web site and scrolled through their favourite recipes. HOLY SODIUM BATMAN! With Michelle's propensity for pre-eclampsia, I hope they try to cut out all those canned soups. Velveeta! Cans of soup, tatertots...my arteries start to harden just reading those recipes. I understand they are cooking for a bunch of people, but they could grow a garden, which by the way is part of many, many middle school curriculums as a teaching tool. I would love to see them eat healthier foods. As far as her having another baby, I am not surprised. It's part of the Quiver Full beliefs. If she dies in childbirth she will attain martyr status
    zenguppie likes this.

Again, just because they try to get pregnant doesn't mean they will, take it from me I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;4038349;
    I don't know if this has been brought up before, but out of curiosity I went to their web site and scrolled through their favourite recipes. HOLY SODIUM BATMAN! With Michelle's propensity for pre-eclampsia, I hope they try to cut out all those canned soups. Velveeta! Cans of soup, tatertots...my arteries start to harden just reading those recipes. I understand they are cooking for a bunch of people, but they could grow a garden, which by the way is part of many, many middle school curriculums as a teaching tool. I would love to see them eat healthier foods. As far as her having another baby, I am not surprised. It's part of the Quiver Full beliefs. If she dies in childbirth she will attain martyr status
    I agree about the garden. It would be a great family project and so much better then what they are eating.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread