+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree492Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

FORT Newbie

Re: The Duggar Family

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3972463;
    There is something so wrong with these people, it makes me sick. I was completely nonjudgmental and figured it's their lives, whatever they want to do with it is up to them until I read their article a couple of months ago about possibly being pregnant even at that time (while Josie was in the hospital on life support).

They say they follow a higher power -- well what if Josie was that power's way of saying you're done!

They remind me of the joke where a person is floating in the ocean and a boat comes by and offers help and they say, no thanks, a higher power will save me. Another boat comes by and same response. Finally, the person dies. When he's there in the aferlife, he asks the higher power, why didn't you save me? And the higher power says I sent you 2 rescue boats!!!

That's what I feel like is happening here. In possibly moving forward with having another child, they're ignoring the "sign" that was already sent to them...(Nevermind trying to take care of a high needs baby with another newborn!)
    OMG, are you serious? I missed that article. OMG. I'm speechless. The Bible does say children are a blessing, etc, but it also urges moderation. Too late for that, but....Dear god in heaven, put her in menopause!!

I have completely turned off of the Duggars after reading that post. Don't they care if Michelle dies in pregnancy?
    What about the possibility of a baby that is going to be born with so many abnormal things that it would be a baby for it's entire life? (I couldn't find the right words but I think you all know what I mean)
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3972361;
    During my chemo today, I was reading People and there was an interview with moma and daddy Duggar. They mentioned that they would be up for getting pregnant sooner rather than later...UGGG

OK, it's one thing to not use birth control becaurse of religious beliefs, but if they are actively TRYING to conceive at this point.....that is just messed up!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by just1paul;3973042;
    I have completely turned off of the Duggars after reading that post. Don't they care if Michelle dies in pregnancy?
    What about the possibility of a baby that is going to be born with so many abnormal things that it would be a baby for it's entire life? (I couldn't find the right words but I think you all know what I mean)
    They probably figure they have a new baby's lifetime of care-takers--pass it to the oldest girls, then down the line as the younger girls get older. I'm still just speechless.

How else will they keep people watching the show?
    There's no place like home!

Just because they try to get pregnant doesn't mean they will, that could be when God says you're done.

I think John David and Erin Bates would be cute together and even Jana and the oldest Bates boy.

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion, Big Truck Adventure Champion, Tire Toss Champion PIMguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3972463;
    They say they follow a higher power
    Yeah, Jim Bob's sex drive!

I was watching a repeated show early this morning and Michelle stated that she would always want a toddler in the house and Jim Bob stated that he hopes to have 100 grandkids someday. Michelle would barely finish her sentence before having to stop and nurse a kid. Wow! I have twenty nieces and nephews and at christmas times I am always wishing for calgon to take me a way. lol!!!!!!!

"To each his own I guess"........

I used to think they were pretty sweet, but now I view Jim Bob as a horny dirty old man. Their baby is in the hospital with LIFE threatening issues and all he can think about is getting his needs fixed? Makes me SICK.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karna68;3975305;
    Just because they try to get pregnant doesn't mean they will, that could be when God says you're done.

I think John David and Erin Bates would be cute together and even Jana and the oldest Bates boy.
    Hopefully God will say they're done then, but it seems to me He's subtler than that.

Either way, it's not so much about whether or not they actually have another baby, but that they're trying to, when their older kids, especially the girls, are clearly overwhelmed with responsibilities that should never have been there's, and some would say they're being neglected, or at least their needs are. And it's unfair to the littler ones.

+ Reply to Thread