+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree325Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

  1. #1411
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,157

    Re: The Duggar Family

    I agree that they have put themselves out there with their tv show and opened the door for public opinion. As much as I am concerned about reality shows that portray kids, I wonder if exposing what has gone on in their home might have helped them a bit. Still the situation looks grim.

    In one episode I recall Michelle saything that she had actually learned from some of the negative criticism that had come as a result of the show. That gave me hope that they would listen to some reason and see the valid concerns viewers have for their children's safety and welfare. I'm beginning to wonder if she really meant it, because there doesn't seem to be much that has changed that I have seen. Granted, Josie has been in the hospital, but the parents have seemingly done everything they wanted to do despite this situation. IMO they have done it at the cost of their children.

    I'm still very concerned about Josie. She looks more ill than they are letting on. I read on another site that there was a recent photo of her, but when I tried the link it had been removed. Does anyone know where we can find a recent photo of Josie? I heard she weighs over 7 pounds now.

  2. #1412
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Akron, OH
    Posts
    36

    Re: The Duggar Family

    I saw a "healthy" pic of Josie, but I cannot remember where. She acually did look good. Filled out, and looking much more like a full term baby.

  3. #1413
    signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,557

    Re: The Duggar Family

    Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;3939597;
    I didn't mean anyone specifically; I was using a generic "you" , but I understand your point and agree. However, I guess I thought that she was endangering her own life and affecting her other children negatively way before the birth of Josie. To me, (and this may be a poor analogy) it is like saying that riding without a seat belt is okay until you crash, and then you should put one on after that. I wonder if Josie had been born healthy if this same discussion would be taking place? And agreed, she is in charge of her own reproductive life, but since she chooses to be on a reality TV show, she puts herself out there for discussion.
    I agree with you on all points. I was getting nervous as she has aged and continued to have children since the chances of a Down's Syndrome child become 1 in 100 when you hit 40 yrs old. As I look back on this thread, I think even Duggar supporters (myself included) have been hoping they would do the right thing and stop having children since it was becoming obviously dangerous. You are right that things would be viewed differently if Josie had been born full-term and healthy, but, like I said, we have all been getting nervous. It seems now that they will not stop and this story may become more and more tragic as they time goes on.

    True that they are opening themselves up for discussion and disapproval by being on television. I really enjoy this thread and feel like I have learned alot from other poster's opinions.

  4. #1414
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Washington, D.C. area
    Posts
    674

    Re: The Duggar Family

    Quote Originally Posted by Duggar groupie;3940119;
    I saw a "healthy" pic of Josie, but I cannot remember where. She acually did look good. Filled out, and looking much more like a full term baby.
    I believe the image was on their finale for the season. She looked much more normal.

  5. #1415
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Akron, OH
    Posts
    36

    Re: The Duggar Family

    Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;3941867;
    I believe the image was on their finale for the season. She looked much more normal.
    If anyone missed it (the finale) it's on TLC's website. that's where I saw it.



    I have for a long time not been happy w/ Michelle's reproductive choices. I'm just more concerned now, because of Josie's health, Michelle's age, and I feel sorrier than ever for the older girls, who will no doubt be stuck nursing Josie back to health. One good thing Michelle said was that Josie's health her first year will be the focus. If I remember right, she said this when someone asked about more kids. Maybe, hopefully, that means to her what it means to me: No new babies for a year, and hopefully by that time, Michelle won't be able to have more! 'Course, there was a 60 something yr. old woman in India who just gave birth to twins, or maybe triplets.

  6. #1416
    LG.
    LG. is offline
    FORT Writer LG.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    frozen tundra
    Posts
    14,060

    Re: The Duggar Family

    I read online today that Josie is just arriving home today (maybe yesterday), that she weighs 9 pounds and is doing better. The story also said her trip home was delayed because TWELVE OF HER SIBLINGS HAD THE CHICKEN POX and they couldn't risk exposing Josie. Um, my kids have been vaccinated against the chicken pox, as it has been around for more than a decade. The story indicated that Michelle had been with Josie (and not with the dozen of her children who were sick and itchy and could have used their mom) because she didn't want to risk exposing Josie. Those poor kids, going through a completely unnecessary illness without their mom around, what an unhappy and uncomfortable house that would have been. I'm itching just thinking about it.

    I hope now that Josie is home that some of the other kids can get some attention too.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

  7. #1417
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Washington, D.C. area
    Posts
    674

    Re: The Duggar Family

    The 66 year-old woman gave birth to triplets in India. Unbelievable.

  8. #1418
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,157

    Re: The Duggar Family

    Quote Originally Posted by LG.;3955446;
    I read online today that Josie is just arriving home today (maybe yesterday), that she weighs 9 pounds and is doing better. The story also said her trip home was delayed because TWELVE OF HER SIBLINGS HAD THE CHICKEN POX and they couldn't risk exposing Josie. Um, my kids have been vaccinated against the chicken pox, as it has been around for more than a decade. The story indicated that Michelle had been with Josie (and not with the dozen of her children who were sick and itchy and could have used their mom) because she didn't want to risk exposing Josie. Those poor kids, going through a completely unnecessary illness without their mom around, what an unhappy and uncomfortable house that would have been. I'm itching just thinking about it.

    I hope now that Josie is home that some of the other kids can get some attention too.
    This is so sad. The more stories I read about how those children have suffered without their mom, the more frustrated I feel. I guess we shouldn't be too surprised. Do you recall where you saw this story? I had read else where that Josie had been home for awhile now.

    I had a very bad case of chicken pox when I was a teenager. This was before there was a vaccine. It was TERRIBLE. I cried because I was so uncomfortable. I was unable to sleep too. Thank God for benadryl. I have heard the older you are, the more it effects you.

  9. #1419
    FORT Fan val123elephant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Vancouver Canada
    Posts
    257

    Re: The Duggar Family

    I saw this story on Twitter last night. Josie did go home awhile back, but had to be re-admitted a few days later with bowel problems.

    Duggar Baby No. 19 Returns Home at The Insider

    Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar's youngest child, baby Josie, has returned to their family home after months of hospitalization and a recent stay at the family's rental home.


    People.com reports that Josie, who was hospitalized for months after being born prematurely, returned home from Little Rock to Tontitown, Ark., on June 25 at a healthier weight of 9 pounds, 1 ounce.

    According to People, Josie's return home was delayed after her June 3 release from the hospital because 12 of her siblings had the chicken pox. Because of the risk of exposure, Josie and her mother spent three weeks at their family's rental home until it was safe to go home.

    Josie was welcomed by 17 of her siblings and "Welcome Home" banners. "It is good to be home," happy mom Michelle told People. "It is surreal to be here. It was such a long time we were away."

    Baby Josie was born prematurely on December 10. Catch the latest with the Duggar family on their TLC reality series, "19 Kids and Counting."
    So live that anyone speaking ill of you is branded a liar

  10. #1420
    Trouble in my life just1paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    In Ms. Troubles life and apartment
    Age
    56
    Posts
    9,544

    Re: The Duggar Family

    Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;3955490;
    The 66 year-old woman gave birth to triplets in India. Unbelievable.
    May Iask why a 66 year old would even WANT to have children?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

    Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.