+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree348Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

Re: The Duggar Family

Quote Originally Posted by Duggar groupie;3927867;
    I really hope the "big news" isn't that Michelle's pregnant again. That would just be wrong. Yes, the Bible does say children are a heritage, etc, but doesn't it also talk about being good stewards of the gifts God has given? I'm not sure they're being good stewards, either to the younger kids for giving them to their sibs to be raised, nor to the older girls, who have to raise their siblings. I really hope she not pregnant! Sorta hope Anna's not, either. Maybe there's going to be another courtship?

So true. I'm beginning to wonder if maybe one of them was pregnant, but they called off the announcement because of fear of fan reaction or a medical situation ocurred at the last moment. Just speculating.

I doubt that they would announce the pregnancy of one of their unmarried daughters. I'm pretty sire the "big news" was that the newest baby cane home.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter;3928427;
    when is this big news supposed to be announced? I haven't heard anything about it.
    I don't know that it was supposed to be announced; it was just alluded to in People. When asked if she'd go for 20, Michelle said something like "we'll see what God has in store." She was photographed w/ a pillow on her lap...the Innuendo was that she's pregnant again. It is innuendo at this point. True, w/ her, chances are greater that she is than that she isnt!

I'm going to say this without fully being able to explain it. I will be totally disgusted with these people if Michelle is pregnant again.

I also gotta say I recently watched alot of the older episodes of the show up until the present and an interview on this movie set with JB. He is starting to seriously creep me out for some reason. Not sure why.

Mostly though I feel so bad for the young women in the family having to take care of all those kids and the housework and not able to venture out alone anywhere. I can't even imagine that.

FORT Newbie

I gotta agree w/ you, lilymax. With the pregnancy part, at any rate. I like the Duggars, but that would just be unconscionable if she is. JB doesn't bother me so much. She does, that as a mother, she doesn't seem to care about mommying her babies once she's pregnant w/ the next. She even said, when asked about whether she would be able to conceive again, "I realize my Momma days may be over." OVER??? she has a kazillion babies to be a momma to!

Quote Originally Posted by Duggar groupie;3937588;
    I gotta agree w/ you, lilymax. With the pregnancy part, at any rate. I like the Duggars, but that would just be unconscionable if she is. JB doesn't bother me so much. She does, that as a mother, she doesn't seem to care about mommying her babies once she's pregnant w/ the next. She even said, when asked about whether she would be able to conceive again, "I realize my Momma days may be over." OVER??? she has a kazillion babies to be a momma to!
    That is so disturbing. I do think Michelle considers her role as birth giver and since she has her older daughters to do all the work and care for the babies so early after delivery, she really has no idea what kind of workload she is avoiding. That's why she looks rested and younger than ever and her older daughters looked tired, stressed and nervous.

Yesterday I saw a video on the 19 Kids and Counting website with TLC. JB was talking about how the older kids were teaching the young ones and as soon as they are old enough to read they go to a computer screen as their teacher. This was in the Little Rock temporary house. One of the older girls was not only teaching the younger ones, but was babysitting the youngest toddler at the same time!! Honestly, that is just so irresponsible. Not only is that manner of teaching unfair to the younger kids, it's unfair to the older girls who are bearing all of this responsiblity.

I hear that Josie is out of the hospital now. I hope she can thrive with all that is going on. If Michelle is expecting again, I guess they will do a big announcement so that the entire family can talk about how overwhelmed, I mean overjoyed they are to hear the news.

I have never agreed with their parenting, but it doesn't mean I hate them or wish them ill. I certainly don't, and wish their family all the best. I just don't watch the show because I find it irritating (I have flipped through a couple of episodes). I actually did a lot of reading on the "Quiverfull Movement" and was stunned by what I found out. It seems that dying in childbirth is almost akin to being a martyr to a lot of true believers. So, IMO, they will never stop trying to have babies. That is their belief. I thought that was pretty clear from the start, and that is why I don't watch. Having a special needs child was almost inevitable, especially as the mother ages. To me, being upset over child 19, 20, 21 while being okay with 16, 17, 18 is hypocritical. If you are okay with their belief system, and the fact that they believe that all children are due to God's will, then Michelle having a sick child at number 19 and continuing her faith, and maybe even having sick child 20, 21 etc., putting her health in jeopardy, etc. shouldn't be an issue. I hope I never have to read that she dies in childbirth, but frankly, it wouldn't shock me. I, too, hope little Josie is thriving and that all goes well for this family.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I have always liked the Duggars, and I firmly believe that every woman has the right to make her own reproductive decisions, BUT I have made myself clear that I think it all changes when these decisions put other lives in danger. Michelle's decisions are now clearly hurting others, so she is losing my support. It has nothing to do with her surpassing some arbitrary number that I believe is an acceptable number of children.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;3938936;
    I have always liked the Duggars, and I firmly believe that every woman has the right to make her own reproductive decisions, BUT I have made myself clear that I think it all changes when these decisions put other lives in danger. Michelle's decisions are now clearly hurting others, so she is losing my support. It has nothing to do with her surpassing some arbitrary number that I believe is an acceptable number of children.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

I didn't mean anyone specifically; I was using a generic "you" , but I understand your point and agree. However, I guess I thought that she was endangering her own life and affecting her other children negatively way before the birth of Josie. To me, (and this may be a poor analogy) it is like saying that riding without a seat belt is okay until you crash, and then you should put one on after that. I wonder if Josie had been born healthy if this same discussion would be taking place? And agreed, she is in charge of her own reproductive life, but since she chooses to be on a reality TV show, she puts herself out there for discussion.

+ Reply to Thread