+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree326Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

FORT Newbie

Re: The Duggar Family

Josie's back home! She came home Thursday. I read this in People Online.

I've enjoyed reading all your posts. I love the show, like the Duggars, but sometimes get so frustrated. I feel for the older girls who will probably go from mothering their numerous sibs to mothering their own brood. I'm afraid they'll wake up one day, and realize too late that that's not the life they really want. I was raised in a religion even stricter than theirs. I wasn't home-schooled, but went to a church-school, and later to the church's Bible College. Still, when I got out into the real world, I wasn't prepared. I don't know if these girls ever will get out in the real world; they'll probably live with their parents till they marry a like-minded man. It just makes me hurt for them.

Like I said, I like the Duggars a lot. That doesn't mean I don't see problems in the future. And I agree w/ you: If any girl is going to lead the charge away from their teachings, it will be Jinger. You go, girl!

FORT Fanatic

[QUOTE=Jupiter;3919315;]I can really only remember Michelle's family being featured very early on in the series. The Duggars went to a family reunion or something along those lines. Perhaps they don't want to be on camera.

I think Michelle's family lives in Michigan. Jim Bob and Michelle decided to go ahead and get married when Michelle was about 19 years old because her family was getting ready to move away.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggar groupie;3924723;
    Josie's back home! She came home Thursday. I read this in People Online.

I've enjoyed reading all your posts. I love the show, like the Duggars, but sometimes get so frustrated. I feel for the older girls who will probably go from mothering their numerous sibs to mothering their own brood. I'm afraid they'll wake up one day, and realize too late that that's not the life they really want. I was raised in a religion even stricter than theirs. I wasn't home-schooled, but went to a church-school, and later to the church's Bible College. Still, when I got out into the real world, I wasn't prepared. I don't know if these girls ever will get out in the real world; they'll probably live with their parents till they marry a like-minded man. It just makes me hurt for them.

Like I said, I like the Duggars a lot. That doesn't mean I don't see problems in the future. And I agree w/ you: If any girl is going to lead the charge away from their teachings, it will be Jinger. You go, girl!

I grew up in the same demomination as the Duggars. From the 9th grade, I attended a church Christian school as you did Duggar Groupie. My parents were very strict with some things, but not as strict on others, although our church was. I can tell you it still was no fun and I look back on it sadly. Even as a child, I knew that all the rules and prohibitions were ridiculous and limiting.

Good to hear that Josie is home. I do pray she continues to improve and doesn't suffer from any more setbacks. I do hope the older children are not given the responsibility for Josie's care and that her parents take that role. Of course that still leaves them caring for the toddlers. I believe that education and financial freedom may be the girl's only means of escape.

I thought the Duggars were conservative Baptists?

FORT Newbie

I think they are, but they also belong to the Quiver Full movement, so it's kind of a mish mash of things.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3925583;
    I thought the Duggars were conservative Baptists?
    All of their connections are Independent Baptists. I'm referring to the church that Josh and Anna were married in, also the church that Dr. Davis is pastor of. He is listed as an authority they abide by on their website. Plus all of their teachings are what I observed growing up in an Independent Baptist Church.

18 Kids & Counting! | The Jim Bob & Michelle Duggar Family | Official Website When on the site click on Dr. Davis. Many of the materials that are advertised are quite shocking.
    Last edited by Debb70; 06-06-2010 at 10:37 PM.

FORT Newbie

I really hope the "big news" isn't that Michelle's pregnant again. That would just be wrong. Yes, the Bible does say children are a heritage, etc, but doesn't it also talk about being good stewards of the gifts God has given? I'm not sure they're being good stewards, either to the younger kids for giving them to their sibs to be raised, nor to the older girls, who have to raise their siblings. I really hope she not pregnant! Sorta hope Anna's not, either. Maybe there's going to be another courtship?

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Yeah, I hope it's one of the girls getting married or going off on a trip or to school. I think a pregnancy would be unwelcome news to their fans at this point. They need to get things together and do a better job with the children they have.

when is this big news supposed to be announced? I haven't heard anything about it.
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter;3928427;
    when is this big news supposed to be announced? I haven't heard anything about it.
    Perhaps it was the announcement that Josie came home?

+ Reply to Thread