+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 226 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114 ... LastLast
Like Tree312Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

Re: The Duggar Family

I thought that having all those kids in Michelle's room after she just had major surgery was a tremendous error in judgment! You could see she was uncomfortable and still under the effects of the anesthesia (her mouth was still chattering - mine does the same). I'm wondering if they are really done. Three major surgeries, she's 42, they bought brand new stuff (which they hadn't done since #1). Seems to me they're seriously thinking this could be it.

I hope you're right. She really needs to be around for her kids and I'm afraid that she could be pushing it (oops) by keeping on and on.

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Wait! Did I miss a show? Did they show the 18th baby being born episode?!?!?

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

yeah, can you believe it? four days after she was born! but not to worry, they're replaying them like crazy, and i think there's a marathon tomorrow, so you can see it.

Thanks BFD! My DVR shows that there is a marathon tomorrow but none of them are the latest episode. Sigh.....

Nevermind....I found it! Thank you!

What's up with the TLC channel and all of their shows about couples with too many kids? The Duggars with 18, the Gossards with eight, that cop and his wife with 10 (?) and there's another show about a couple with 14 kids and they want to have more. Do people really care that much about how these breeders survive each day with their litters of kids?
    I wonder how much TLC pays these families?

Quote Originally Posted by chenoa333;3257352;
    What's up with the TLC channel and all of their shows about couples with too many kids? The Duggars with 18, the Gossards with eight, that cop and his wife with 10 (?) and there's another show about a couple with 14 kids and they want to have more. Do people really care that much about how these breeders survive each day with their litters of kids?
    I wonder how much TLC pays these families?
    In my OPINION you can't pay them enough to open themselves up for all the publicity and attention. I like watching the Duggars and the one with the cop. The others not so much. I think it is interesting how they run these households.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3257369;
    In my OPINION you can't pay them enough to open themselves up for all the publicity and attention. I like watching the Duggars and the one with the cop. The others not so much. I think it is interesting how they run these households.
    I've never watched the shows (no cable) but I've known of the Duggars since they only had five or six kids. While their business is their own they don't seen to mind sharing with us all. They have some, to me, strange beliefs and practices. The kids remind me of robots and why wouldn't they? From day 1 they're forced into a mold and any individuality they might have had is nipped in the bud. Are you familiar with the blanket training theory? They practice that. That home reminds me of what boot camp is probably like. Only problem is, this one last for at least eighteen years. I feel sorry for the kids.

What is the blanket training theory Muduh?

I did notice on the last episode that none of the beds have pillows! Isn't that strange!?! It was when all the kids were in one bedroom voting on the name for the new baby. Then Michelle went into her bedroom to count the votes, and her bed also had no pillows!

I did notice a lot of rolling eyes by some of the older girls to things that the mother or father were saying.

And the new daughter-in-law, oh boy! I did laugh when the father said that the list of names could also be used for any future grandchildren and the DIL said that she and her hubby haven't pick a letter yet to use when naming their future brood!

One thing about having all of these kids, I wonder what her bone density is going to be like in the future.

+ Reply to Thread