+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree373Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

Re: The Duggar Family

I don't know a whole lot about the Quiverfull movement, but I would imagine they would stand by their convictions regarding having children - in both good times and bad.
    It isn't for me, but I have much respect for this family and the faith and grace they display.

Quote Originally Posted by coltnlasma;3910938;
    I don't know a whole lot about the Quiverfull movement, but I would imagine they would stand by their convictions regarding having children - in both good times and bad.
    It isn't for me, but I have much respect for this family and the faith and grace they display.

I read about the Quiver Full movement with Wikipedia that the minority of them will allow a follower to intentionally prevent pregnancy if there was a substantial health reason, but it is not the majority view, which is to trust God to do whatever is in his will. I respect everyone's beliefs, religious or otherwise, but I do take issue when your actions negatively effect a child's life, safety and welfare.

I don't see much concern with Michelle and Jim Bob's about their other older children, even before Josie was born. Yes, they are focusing on Josie now since she is sick, but once the kids are not sick and become toddlers, they are not given much attention by the parents. I don't respect that.

I don't like to kick someone when they are down and I do pray for their child's health and recovery. Time will tell how the parents intend to care for Josie, their other children and continue to reproduce.

awhile back I mentioned that I think Anna looks pregnant. I know her and Josh have put on some weight, but her butt is spreading and she has a pooch under that blouse. But who knows? Guess we'll find out.

I am also worried for Josie. She appears to have gained weight, but just looking at her you can see that little baby is not healthy. It looks like she is in for a long struggle, poor little thing.
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter;3912197;
    awhile back I mentioned that I think Anna looks pregnant. I know her and Josh have put on some weight, but her butt is spreading and she has a pooch under that blouse. But who knows? Guess we'll find out.

I am also worried for Josie. She appears to have gained weight, but just looking at her you can see that little baby is not healthy. It looks like she is in for a long struggle, poor little thing.
    I am really hoping the big announcement is Anna is pregnant!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

What I would find impressive is a Duggar providing lots of love and individual attention to one child, at least for a few years before it becomes a number in a long line of child care takers. I think that would be something to celebrate.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3912666;
    What I would find impressive is a Duggar providing lots of love and individual attention to one child, at least for a few years before it becomes a number in a long line of child care takers. I think that would be something to celebrate.

FORT Fanatic

As late as last Friday, the Duggars were scheduled to be guests on the Today show yesterday (Monday). However, that didn't happen. Lots of speculation about the why they were scheduled. Tonight is the season finale; maybe they were just promoting that.

I had not heard that. Since I heard they were going to make an announcment, I heard that Jana and John David are going on a mission trip to several Asian countries. Not sure if that is true or if it's the news in question. Let's hope it is good news. LOL

I have read the Jill is contemplating going to college for a career in nursing, after spending so much time with Josie at the hospital. I relly hope that is true.

Libgirl, I would be so happy to hear that any of them were going to get a higher education. It seems that is not promoted or practiced in their family. Perhaps she could set a good example. The problem is that her parents have said the girls don't go anywhere without a brother or sister also present. I wonder how that will work if she goes off to school. I hope they don't hold her back just so she can help raise the younger children. She has a life to live and should be allowed to do so.

+ Reply to Thread