+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree326Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

  1. #1361
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Washington, D.C. area
    Posts
    674

    Re: The Duggar Family

    I paged through the newest "People" magazine last night in a waiting room, and it had an article about Josie. It also had a picture of the whole family, including the Duggar's grandchild, who looks like an Amazon next to the frail Josie.

    Josie has part of her digestive system either missing or incomplete and will need multiple surgeries apparently. If this doesn't tell the Duggars to STOP HAVING MORE CHILDREN, nothing will.

    I realize there are plenty of premature babies who have eventually gone on to normal lives, but some of them will have lifelong problems. I am concerned about Josie.

  2. #1362
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,191

    Re: The Duggar Family

    Swissmiss, thanks for that update. I'm sorry to hear that the digestion problem is more serious than we thought. Was Josie still in the hospital? I have heard that she will be there indefinitely because of the intestinal problem.

    If that is the case, I wonder if the Duggar family will completely move to Little Rock. The temporary house they are renting was intended for a few weeks. I can't imagine them living with sparse furniture, sleeping on matresses on the floor, on a permanent basis.
    THe only other option is to go back to their home and visit Josie perhaps once per week. As she gets older, I would think that would be very difficult.

    Also, it is becoming very obvious that the older girls are now really raising the little kids. It was bad before, but now, it seems they have even more duties to raise the kids.

    Still, I suspect that Michelle will have another one pretty soon. I'm not kidding.

  3. #1363
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    6,851

    Re: The Duggar Family

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3910408;

    Also, it is becoming very obvious that the older girls are now really raising the little kids. It was bad before, but now, it seems they have even more duties to raise the kids.

    Still, I suspect that Michelle will have another one pretty soon. I'm not kidding.
    I noticed that on the last show. I think it would happen regardless of the family, but they probably need to move closer to Josie as this is looking to be a very long term thing.

    And if she has another baby again, are they going to drop it off to the girls to raise? Prior to this Michelle was doing so much more, she can't now.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  4. #1364
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,191

    Re: The Duggar Family

    I read on another board that it is being reported that the family is supposed to make a big announcement next week. Don't know if that is true. You would think that if that was the case, then TLC would be playing it up, but who knows.

    Let's hope it's news that doesn't involve pregnancy for Michelle. I wonder if perhaps one of the girls is engaged or the family is moving. There was a preview from last week that showed them at an educational conference in TX and talking about how it was an annual family tradition. (There was gossip the family left Josie in the hospital and attended it recently.) It appeared they were going to explain what actually happened. Maybe that's the news.

  5. #1365
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,449

    Re: The Duggar Family

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3910495;
    I read on another board that it is being reported that the family is supposed to make a big announcement next week. Don't know if that is true. You would think that if that was the case, then TLC would be playing it up, but who knows.

    Let's hope it's news that doesn't involve pregnancy for Michelle. I wonder if perhaps one of the girls is engaged or the family is moving. There was a preview from last week that showed them at an educational conference in TX and talking about how it was an annual family tradition. (There was gossip the family left Josie in the hospital and attended it recently.) It appeared they were going to explain what actually happened. Maybe that's the news.
    I hope they are reporting menopause or something along those lines. Hopefully Jim Bob is going to have a vasectomy or something. It better not be another baby. I wonder if one of the kids is getting married and if so, I hope she or he will be marrying a regular person.
    No more children! Please! For such a conservative family, the Duggars sure do have a lot of sex ... I think that's usual though. Go figure.

  6. #1366
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    6,851

    Re: The Duggar Family

    Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3910512;
    I hope they are reporting menopause or something along those lines. Hopefully Jim Bob is going to have a vasectomy or something. It better not be another baby. I wonder if one of the kids is getting married and if so, I hope she or he will be marrying a regular person.
    No more children! Please! For such a conservative family, the Duggars sure do have a lot of sex ... I think that's usual though. Go figure.
    Lets hope it involves an engagement etc... Or maybe Anna is pregnant again. Right now, Josie needs her mother and to bring another infant into this situation is very unfair. ITs one thing when Michelle is at home and can spend time with the family, its another when she is at the hospital being with Josie. And it sounds as if Josie is in really bad shape.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  7. #1367
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Washington, D.C. area
    Posts
    674

    Re: The Duggar Family

    The new People magazine article about Josie said she was still in the hospital. These last months with Josie have meant Michelle has spent even less time with the other children.

    I wonder if there is some type of 'step-down' faciity near their regular town where Josie could eventually go. My heart goes out to Josie, but what about all the other kids - especially the wild young and middle children? They seem badly in need of attention. The People article said Michelle was spending up to 15 hours a day at the hospital.

    It's unfair to expect girls in the teens and early 20s to act as their mother.

    I can appreciate that Michelle is probably terrified to get Josie too far away from the Little Rock hospital where Josie has spent almost all of her life, but they need to come up with some long-range plans for the whole family.

    The new episode writeup says Michelle is left alone in Little Rock for a time while Jim Bob and the other children go to Big Sandy, Texas (about 250 miles away) for something related to their home-school program. Josh met his future wife at one of those meetings. I think these types of get-togethers are extremely important to the family. I'm betting that Jim Bob and Michelle see it as a social occasion, educational, but also a way for their children to meet other children for future marriage prospects.

  8. #1368
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    6,851

    Re: The Duggar Family

    Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;3910533;


    I can appreciate that Michelle is probably terrified to get Josie too far away from the Little Rock hospital where Josie has spent almost all of her life, but they need to come up with some long-range plans for the whole family.

    .
    I remember, Jana (?) mentioning that her mother was almost relieved to be bringing Josie back. I think for the first time, it hasn't gone according to plan and she is scared, gee... any parent would be scared. In the hospital environment she is much more secure, I know I would be.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  9. #1369
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Washington, D.C. area
    Posts
    674

    Re: The Duggar Family

    I'm sure Josie's early arrival and the serious complications have rocked Michelle and Jim Bob's sense of confidence and security as you would expect. They did have an earlier child with some problem, but that was corrected by surgery. It was mentioned on a show once, I think.

    They are used to healthy babies right from the start; what a wake-up call that things don't always go as one would expect, especially after having 18 previous children.

  10. #1370
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,191

    Re: The Duggar Family

    Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;3910593;
    I'm sure Josie's early arrival and the serious complications have rocked Michelle and Jim Bob's sense of confidence and security as you would expect. They did have an earlier child with some problem, but that was corrected by surgery. It was mentioned on a show once, I think.

    They are used to healthy babies right from the start; what a wake-up call that things don't always go as one would expect, especially after having 18 previous children.

    I agree with all of your points, however, I suspect that this, what I call "addiction" to having babies, is so engrained in Jim Bob and Michelle, that they are not capable of letting it go. At least not on their own and not while they are garnering support from like minded and equally baby obsessed people such as the Bates.

    Perhaps the unfolding of this situation will provide us with the true degree of how far the parents will go to feed their own needs, while ignoring those of their existing children.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.