+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree373Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

Re: The Duggar Family

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter;3901182;
    is it just me..or does Josh's wife Anna appear to be pregnant again? Her tummy is pooching in those tops she likes to wear and once when they filmed her from the back...she looks like her behind is spreading out all over the place. It wouldn't surprise me at all if she is.
    I don't think so. I think her and "Joshy" are both eating very well - look at his face AND his behind......
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3901186;
    I don't think so. I think her and "Joshy" are both eating very well - look at his face AND his behind......
    And his un-tucked shirt.
    They're very nice and sweet in my eyes but I would suggest putting the brakes on as far as the eating's concerned. They're awfully young to be putting on the pounds.

I think Anna prepares very high fat, high carb, high calorie food. That is based on the food she has prepared when she cooked for Josh and his family on a previous occassion and for his sisters recently. Lots of casserole type dishes that include pasta and creamy sauces. It' cheap, easy and tasty, but will add weight if you aren't careful, even if you don't over eat on it. Both of my brothers gained weight the first year they got married, but then dropped it off and are very thin now.

I was amazed at how well Josh plays the piano. It's great he was allowing McKenzie to sit and watch. You can't start too early with music. She'll probably pick it up early.

Too bad he doesn't get involved in a local church where he could play the piano in church and participate with music and other young people in the church. It's nice to have family, but there is no substitute for having friends your own age to do things with as young couples. Since he doesn't work with other people, you would think they would want a social outlet.

I'm surprised more of the Duggar kids aren't carrying around a few extra pounds. From what I have seen with their meals, they eat alot of starchy foods. Perhaps Michelle doing WW helps? But too many casseroles with pasta and cheese can get too you.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I remember when we saw the Duggar family at a local fundraiser event Josh played the piano while everyone else played their violins. He is a pretty good player .

I think Josh and Anna are suffering from not havinhg 20,000 other family members taking food from them. I will betcha that Anna probably cooks too much food and oops, there's leftovers, or a snack later, ooor maybe a second helping now . Still, their little girl is cute as a button !

Quote Originally Posted by psycobabe007;3902349;
    I remember when we saw the Duggar family at a local fundraiser event Josh played the piano while everyone else played their violins. He is a pretty good player .

I think Josh and Anna are suffering from not havinhg 20,000 other family members taking food from them. I will betcha that Anna probably cooks too much food and oops, there's leftovers, or a snack later, ooor maybe a second helping now . Still, their little girl is cute as a button !
    She is very cute!

I agree on the food thing. It is hard to learn to cook for just two after you are used to making buffet meals for many. And then with the cheaper filler foods, you cook what you know.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

when you're a new wife..with a new baby to boot..things like MacNCheese casserole are probably fast and an easy meal. You don't see a lot of things like perhaps some chicken or fish, a baked potato and mixed salad. Oh well...i guess everyone has to learn.

I agree with Debb70..it would be nice to see them having more of an active social life. I remember my husband and I were in the young marrieds Sunday School class. We'd have meals together and things like that. Great way to swap recipes and share with other people the same things you are going thru as a newly married couple. I'm sure Anna is a nice young lady..but she seems a tad immature to me. Being around married gals her own age might help her feel more at ease and to grow. Josh has a wonderful gift of music..which is a great way to get folks to relax when socializing.
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter;3903194;
    when you're a new wife..with a new baby to boot..things like MacNCheese casserole are probably fast and an easy meal. You don't see a lot of things like perhaps some chicken or fish, a baked potato and mixed salad. Oh well...i guess everyone has to learn.

I agree with Debb70..it would be nice to see them having more of an active social life. I remember my husband and I were in the young marrieds Sunday School class. We'd have meals together and things like that. Great way to swap recipes and share with other people the same things you are going thru as a newly married couple. I'm sure Anna is a nice young lady..but she seems a tad immature to me. Being around married gals her own age might help her feel more at ease and to grow. Josh has a wonderful gift of music..which is a great way to get folks to relax when socializing.
    I agree. The church I attended had a Sunday morning class called the Young Adult Class. (Most of those who attended were 18-29 and many were married) They had a young adult teacher, covered young adult topics and had extracuricular activities for young adults.

I guess Josh is not used to that kind of thing if he had church services inside his home every week. I think he might a lot to offer a church with his talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3905498;
    I agree. The church I attended had a Sunday morning class called the Young Adult Class. (Most of those who attended were 18-29 and many were married) They had a young adult teacher, covered young adult topics and had extracuricular activities for young adults.

I guess Josh is not used to that kind of thing if he had church services inside his home every week. I think he might a lot to offer a church with his talents.
    I think so too. The Duggars are warm and loving people. They give to others freely without a thought for themselves. Its obvious how well they pull together as a family..and I admire all those things. But....it would be nice to see the younger folks branching out a bit. They don't have to set their beliefs aside...but just to see them interacting with others and sharing knowledge and friendship. Perhaps they do and we just don't see it on camera...but it doesn't appear so.

Josh and Anna would have so much to give a small church...and they would receive much in return. Other young couples..especially with small children...can add so much to your life and help you grow. Oh well...that's just my own opinion.
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

Every time I see this thread bumped up, I feel a little knot in my stomach. (for baby Josie)

+ Reply to Thread