+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree242Likes

Thread: The Duggar Family

FORT Fanatic

Re: The Duggar Family

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3894816;
    I hope not, but it really would not surprise me!

I do hope it's good news about Josie only.

I'm interested if she is home yet. I have been reading that the parents attended some conferences and made appearances in two different states over the last 2 weeks, so I'm curious if they took her with them. If so, she really is doing well.
    No, Josie was back in the hospital when her parents made the out-of-town appearances.

TLC is having a special this Sunday night. I'm sure the Duggars are promoting that show about Josie.

Thanks for the info Swissmiss. I guess they attended the appearances without her. I look forward to getting an explanation about that. Maybe they needed the funds.

I think it's entirely reasonable that they did the speaking gig/conference/whatever it may have been, because hospital bills aren't cheap. It is surprising, yes, but the older girls/John David/Jim Bob's mum could hold the fort down (as we have seen in previous episodes) and Josie is under the care of the doctors, which probably makes things a lot easier.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

My heart was breaking over little Josie. When she snuggled close to Michelle's hand while in the incubator.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Josie Duggar Gaining Weight, but Remains Hospitalized
    By Alicia Dennis

May 05, 2010

It's been a rough couple of months for Josie Brooklyn, the 19th child of Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar – but as Mother’s Day approaches the family has good news about their micropremie.

Josie, who was born on Dec. 10 at a gestational age of 25 weeks and weighing just 1 lb., 6 oz., is gaining approximately 2 oz. a day and now weighs 5 lbs., 14 oz.

"She loves to eat," says Michelle, smiling, as she feeds Josie. "When she feels good, she looks at you and smiles and talks. She's definitely a talker and has the sweetest personality."

That Josie is gaining weight is positive, but doctors are still searching for answers to several digestive issues she has: She currently needs enemas at 6-hour intervals.

"We are identifying what needs to be done to find a more permanent solution," says Josie's physician, Dr. Robert Arrington, co-director of the neonatal intensive care unit.

Josie Duggar Gaining Weight, but Remains Hospitalized - Health : People.com

I also read this in the newspaper over the weekend. The poor baby.
    KAREN

How sad. She seemed so alert, yet so fragile.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Thanks for that link Momrek06. I really hope Josie recovers from her intestinal problem. They must have exceeded their health insurance lifetime max by now.

I do wonder about the comment attributed to Jana in the article. It says that she said her parents are wonderful because they pay attention to all of their hearts. I wonder what she meant by that.

Shouldn't Michelle be pregnant by now

Quote Originally Posted by gadmus126;3901018;
    Shouldn't Michelle be pregnant by now
    I didn't want to say anything, but she is wearing maternity tops. She is not a large lady so I don't know why she would need to be in them if she was not pregnant. Right after the birth of Josie, in one of the episodes, she sent the girls back to their regular house to get her NON-maternity clothes. So why isn't she in them now, months later?

If she is pregnant, I think she will keep it under wraps due to the attention surrounding Josie. We may not know unitil she is very far along. Poor Josie. It looks like she is already getting passed of to her sisters. Michelle will have a newborn that weighs as much as Josie. That's not right.

is it just me..or does Josh's wife Anna appear to be pregnant again? Her tummy is pooching in those tops she likes to wear and once when they filmed her from the back...she looks like her behind is spreading out all over the place. It wouldn't surprise me at all if she is.
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

+ Reply to Thread